PDA

View Full Version : Sec players of week

msstate7
11-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Fitz -- co-offensive player of week

Rankin -- olineman of the week

Congrats to both... rankin has been ripped unmercifully here, so I think he should get some props

PassInterference
11-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Props. It says a lot for Rankin and the OL to really step up against A&M after having a bad season up to this point. Huge confidence boost for the whole program.

Dawgface
11-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Yes....props to both.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Rankin handled A&M DE as well as any team has all year. He showed he has the talent. Hopefully he is consistently that level the rest of the year.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Rankin handled A&M DE as well as any team has all year. He showed he has the talent. Hopefully he is consistently that level the rest of the year.

Last week was rankin's 9th game... hopefully it was just a matter of getting adjusted to the sec from juco. If he can finish strong, he would be a huge piece headed into next season

vv83
11-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I hope a coach sits Rankin down and tells him how high of a chance he has of being a multi millionaire in the NFL if he continues to improve and play the way he did this Saturday

lamont
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

Congrats to both... rankin has been ripped unmercifully here, so I think he should get some props

Rankin has been ripped everywhere- including SEC Network. He played much better Saturday. Good for him

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Congrats to both! Well earned and deserved!

msbulldog
11-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Cool, proud for both of them.

dawgday166
11-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Rankin has had a rough year and I've scratched my head over it some. He played well last week tho. Fitz is getting his mojo going some now.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Awesome. Congrats to both....don't stop working!

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Fitz is starting to look extremely confident in what he's doing. Even after the picks he didn't look whipped, he kinda had that I'll get em next time look. He's growing and learning. One thing that cannot be denied about Fitz, he's a competitor! That last drive against AM was a thing of beauty! That final td run he was hit at the 4 and dragged defenders into the end zone, heck they still havent got him on the ground! That drive was Bradyesque.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Fitz is starting to look extremely confident in what he's doing. Even after the picks he didn't look whipped, he kinda had that I'll get em next time look. He's growing and learning. One thing that cannot be denied about Fitz, he's a competitor! That last drive against AM was a thing of beauty! That final td run he was hit at the 4 and dragged defenders into the end zone, heck they still havent got him on the ground! That drive was Bradyesque.

2 different offenses, but fitz reminded me of Scott frost when he played at Nebraska while running

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 02:43 PM
2 different offenses, but fitz reminded me of Scott frost when he played at Nebraska while running

I like that comparison, Frost was a bad man. Kinda reminds me of Matt Jones from Arky a few years back and Collin Klein too. Fitz just looks so in command right now. I'm cautiously optimistic for the future, providing he puts in the work necessary to improve in the passing game. I see no reason he won't thought, cause its obvious he's been working hard this year, hes much better than at the beginning.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2016, 02:44 PM

He has been running wide open for most of the season. It seems like it is starting to infect the rest of the team. I didn't see too many low effort plays outside of Bryant.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2016, 02:45 PM
I like that comparison, Frost was a bad man. Kinda reminds me of Matt Jones from Arky a few years back and Collin Klein too. Fitz just looks so in command right now. I'm cautiously optimistic for the future, providing he puts in the work necessary to improve in the passing game. I see no reason he won't thought, cause its obvious he's been working hard this year, hes much better than at the beginning.

His passing game isn't too far off where Dak was as a sophmore. Dak took a big jump from sophmore to junior in his passing game. Hopefully Fitz has that kind of improvement also.

dawgday166
11-07-2016, 07:00 PM
His passing game isn't too far off where Dak was as a sophmore. Dak took a big jump from sophmore to junior in his passing game. Hopefully Fitz has that kind of improvement also.

Dak from soph to jr - big jump; from jr to sr - bigger jump; from sr to nfl - unbelievable jump.

Bully13
11-07-2016, 09:11 PM

what the 17 got into Rankin? he went from goat to ass kicker over night. . not getting this shit, something weird's going on..

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 09:19 PM
what the 17 got into Rankin? he went from goat to ass kicker over night. . not getting this shit, something weird's going on..

It is odd. He went from not blocking his own shadow to pan caking people and pass blocking like an all pro.

Treemydawg
11-07-2016, 09:29 PM
It is odd. He went from not blocking his own shadow to pan caking people and pass blocking like an all pro.

It's simple. He brought out his inner Ricky Bobby. He got his balls back****

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 09:32 PM
It's simple. He brought out his inner Ricky Bobby. He got his balls back****

Great reference! Hope it continues!

msbulldog
11-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Keep it 100 said yesterday Brandon Bryant may be dealing with ankle injury issues, if so that would explain a lot of things.