PDA

View Full Version : Not that there are any "world beaters" at QB in the conference....

TUSK
11-06-2016, 11:36 PM
In yall's opinion, who's the best thing goin', now?

(I'm assuming both Kelly & Knight are gimped up and out)

Commercecomet24
11-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Dak

Commercecomet24
11-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Hurts, Fitz, Allen, White with Kelly and Knight out:

TUSK
11-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Dak

nice.

Dawg61
11-06-2016, 11:56 PM
In yall's opinion, who's the best thing goin', now?

(I'm assuming both Kelly & Knight are gimped up and out)

Idk but Fitz has 839 rushing yards and 8 rushing tds. I am not saying he is top 5 QB in the SEC but he is putting up historic rushing numbers for a QB in the SEC. He has SIX 100+ yard rushing games already this year.

GTHOM
11-07-2016, 12:00 AM
The next crop is starting to show themselves, Fitz, Hurts, Eason, the kid at USCe are all gonna be really good

MetEdDawg
11-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Idk but Fitz has 839 rushing yards and 8 rushing tds. I am not saying he is top 5 QB in the SEC but he is putting up historic rushing numbers for a QB in the SEC. He has SIX 100+ yard rushing games already this year.

With a better OL next year, Fitz is a Top 5 SEC QB I think. Fitz throws the deep ball better than any QB we've had in recent memory including Dak. If he can continue that, I don't see why Fitz can be a 200/100 guy in 50% of our games next year.

SDDawg
11-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Fits is top half today. Will be top 3 - 4 next year. Hurts is my #1.

dawgday166
11-07-2016, 07:45 AM
Regardless of injuries, I like Hurts. I hate to think of 2 more years of him at Bammer. Does some freshman stuff sometimes but overall he's cool as a cucumber and very talented. I think he has the IT factor. Only done a couple of things that could've cost Bammer a game this year (D bailed them out vs. Bears).

Not saying this because I'm a Dawg but next I like Fitz. I think he is getting better and he has tremendous upside. His confidence is improving. He needs to cut down on his gunslinger mentality just a little ... tries to force it some. Needs to work on touch, mechanics, and decision making. I also think he may have the IT factor. If he works like Dak has he could be pretty darn good.

Allen is next IMO. Pretty solid QB from what I can tell. Nothing too flashy but pretty decent.

White is much better than folks think. Doesn't beat his team with stupid mistakes. Can throw better down the field than he gets credit for. Heady player.

I think Kelly is and will continue to be too much like Favre. 6 TD or 6 picks ... flip a coin. I don't think Fitz is that bad and I think he will listen and learn better than Kelly. Kelly's Swag is in his head too much. I also think he has some internal baggage that is in his head. He too risky for long-term IMO.

Knight, you just don't know what you're gonna get with him. No consistency. Great one week, sucks the next.

Dobbs ... I really expected him to be much better than he has been.

Etling ... I don't have a high opinion of him.

I haven't paid too much attention to East Qbs.

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Fitz is definitely top half now, and has a chance to be top 3-4 by seasons end. Next year, the sky is limit and comes down to the work put in over the next 8 months.

Eason at UGA is the one to watch, and may be the best pure passer in the league. But, UGA's OL makes outs look All-SEC and their receivers are trash.

Johnson85
11-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Fits is top half today. Will be top 3 - 4 next year. Hurts is my #1.

Not to be an extreme homer, but while I think Hurts is potentially special, I don't think there is much difference between the two right now other than supporting staff. For Hurts to be able to do what he does right now as a freshman is pretty crazy and he deserves a ton of credit for not losing his cool and for staying within himself to not cost them games, but when I've seen him, he still seems limited as a passer. He just has the supporting staff to make it not matter.

I look at Fitz and see somebody doing a lot of the same things without anything near the supporting staff, and while he's had some stretches where he looked bad, he has pretty much bounced back in every game. Take into account the fact that he's been getting the shit beat out of him most of the time, and to me it looks like he could do what Hurts does, with the exception of the fact that Fitz has had some throws where he is pretty inaccurate. But again, the way he's been getting hit may play into that some. You put him as Bama's QB, and I think a lot of people are talking him up as the next big thing.