PDA

View Full Version : Women's Soccer Coaching Search?

Outside Dawg
11-06-2016, 09:59 PM
In other news, anybody got any ideas how the women's soccer opening will play out? It will be interesting to see how Cohen handles it. Will we go power conference head coach (is that even possible?), assistant, or small school head coach. On one hand, it will be interesting to see his thought process...on the other, I'd just like to see a competitive soccer program.

mstatefan91
11-06-2016, 10:11 PM
I would not hold my breath on a big name hire. I would love it for the program and the girls, but I expect we may pull an assistant from another program.

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Mullen to girls' soccer.

Gutter Cobreh
11-06-2016, 10:37 PM
With Freeze's show cause coming in football, does that prevent him from getting back into girl's sports and applying for the job?

Dawgowar
11-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Alex Ferguson isn't under contract anymore.

DawgHouseUnited
11-07-2016, 02:37 AM
Anyone know what happened with Gordon? Just wasn't getting results? I think they shuffled him around in the dept, wonder how that'll work out? I only made it to 1 game this year, but the girls seemed to be trying to be too fancy with their game; they didn't dominate the basics but they had some very cute chances.

DCdawg
11-07-2016, 07:24 AM
I think he just wasn't producing on the field. It is strange that he agreed to be reassigned elsewhere. His wife was an assistant coach, so that makes it even more strange.

I don't expect us to be pull a proven coach, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyone know what happened with Gordon? Just wasn't getting results? I think they shuffled him around in the dept, wonder how that'll work out? I only made it to 1 game this year, but the girls seemed to be trying to be too fancy with their game; they didn't dominate the basics but they had some very cute chances.

Outside Dawg
11-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Since we've tried the high major assistant route, I wouldn't mind going for a lower profile high coach (ala the recent volleyball hire). After a quick google search of some programs that are regionally relevant, something like this. http://usajaguars.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1340&path=soccr

gtowndawg
11-07-2016, 01:13 PM
There's only one person that can weigh in on this topic with any authority. Mutt.

GreenheadDawg
11-07-2016, 01:33 PM
There's only one person that can weigh in on this topic with any authority. Mutt.

Girls play sports?

DawgHouseUnited
11-07-2016, 02:21 PM
I think he just wasn't producing on the field. It is strange that he agreed to be reassigned elsewhere. His wife was an assistant coach, so that makes it even more strange.

I don't expect us to be pull a proven coach, but I hope I'm wrong.

I know their record wasn't great this year- something like 6-12 or something. I do find the reshuffling bit odd . Either he was tired of coaching or there was a position he wanted more?

Homedawg
11-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I know their record wasn't great this year- something like 6-12 or something. I do find the reshuffling bit odd . Either he was tired of coaching or there was a position he wanted more?

He wasn't reshuffled. He was fired. His contract is thru June. Can him and created a title until June and hire another coach, that's how it works.

EngDawg
11-07-2016, 05:24 PM
According to RP we are looking at getting Sir. Alex Ferguson or if he won't come, maybe Arsene Wenger if he the situation at Arsenal looks unfavorable.

AFDawg
11-07-2016, 06:13 PM
One name I hope we're after: Ted Lasso

http://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8

DawgHouseUnited
11-07-2016, 08:07 PM
He wasn't reshuffled. He was fired. His contract is thru June. Can him and created a title until June and hire another coach, that's how it works.

Why do it that way? If they canned him why drag it out by keeping him around?

RogerWilco
11-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Why do it that way? If they canned him why drag it out by keeping him around?

To help him maybe? He does have a family.

DawgHouseUnited
11-07-2016, 11:24 PM
To help him maybe? He does have a family.

Could be. Good on them if that's the case. The Mrs. is an assistant coach, so that may be the reason. I liked him, we went to one of the camps this last summer. Anyway, hopefully we can get an even better coach and put up some more W's.