PDA

View Full Version : Ark just became a MUST win

Spiderman
11-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Hold Fitz and anybody else worth a crap and try to win last 2.

I've said all along without the Cross Eyed Assassin , OM would be lucky to win 3.

We still got a little hope now

msstate7
11-06-2016, 07:23 PM
If we can salvage a bowl in this season, I will be ecstatic. I wanna go to Birmingham haha

lamont
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Pulling out an egg bowl this year would be great. A bowl trip would be great

Spiderman
11-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Pulling out an egg bowl this year would be great. A bowl trip would be great

I'm so pissed because we are a FG kicker away from already being bowl eligible

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 07:33 PM
It would be nice to get to a bowl and beat the bears.

smootness
11-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Are you suggesting sitting players against Bama?

msstate7
11-06-2016, 07:37 PM

Pretty sure freeze did in '12 vs lsu week before egg bowl. They still played well vs lsu, but he did it

RougeDawg
11-06-2016, 07:40 PM

Should not have even come to that. Play the best players and we have 3 more W's right now.

HSVDawg
11-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Uh...wasn't it a must win game already? Unless of course you think we beat Bama.

lamont
11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
I damn sure dont let Fitz get beat up vs Bama. Quick hook- let Williams and Tiano get some

IMissJack
11-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Are we actively recruiting a kicker for next year?

Spiderman
11-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Hell yes, because they are gonna butt rape us no matter who we play

Dawg61
11-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Slippery slope when it comes to sitting players vs the #1 team in the country to protect them from injury. Especially young players that you're trying to develop for the future. I see the argument for sitting them and I agree with it somewhat but I think the potential backfire from it isn't worth it. Play them and let them gain the experience of facing #1 in the country.

smootness
11-06-2016, 07:55 PM

That would be a complete disaster. Mullen would lose the locker room, rendering any chance to win Arkansas or Ole Miss gone.

msstate7
11-06-2016, 07:57 PM
That would be a complete disaster. Mullen would lose the locker room, rendering any chance to win Arkansas or Ole Miss gone.

Yeah, you can't just sit guys for no reason. Now if key players are banged up, it might be a good week to let them heal up

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 07:58 PM
I like the idea of pulling Fitz quick if he's getting the shit pounded out of him.

Spiderman
11-06-2016, 07:59 PM

of course.. but with State luck..... well, you know

klong-dog
11-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Which will likely happen. They'll (bama) will see enough Fitz runs on film this week and it will be lucky to get past the LOS. Hell Fornette couldn't even get 2 yards per carry for the past 2 years.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Games like Saturday are why kids play football. Our guys wanna try to take out Goliath, and you 100% cannot sit your best players and void them of that opportunity. Just call a smart game offensively, take shots when it's safe, and then once we're down big hand it off or put D Will in.

If Mullen and the boys pull out 6 wins this year (which I still doubt we do)....there should be members of this board looking for new usernames, haha.

TNDawg35
11-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Yeah, you can't just sit guys for no reason. Now if key players are banged up, it might be a good week to let them heal up

Ummm.... Seems AWilliams and a couple others have setting all yr, or atleast any meaningful snaps, for god knows what reason...

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Games like Saturday are why kids play football. Our guys wanna try to take our Goliath, and you 100% cannot sit your best players and void them of that opportunity. Just call a smart game offensively, take shots when it's safe, and then once we're down big hand it off or put D Will in.

If Mullen and the boys pull out 6 wins this year (which I still doubt we do)....there should be members of this board looking for new usernames, haha.

Not sure I understand this. I'll be pissed cause we should've won 9 or 10. The sudden "youth" movement seems to be rejuvenating the team some IMO. And maybe letting Sirmon (and Brian Johnson maybe) call their own game.

ETA: But I will be tentatively back on the Mullen bandwagon. I won't want him fired right away anyway. We'll see if he can carry those new found attributes over into next year (if he doesn't get a new gig).

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-06-2016, 08:18 PM
It has been a must win..

Spiderman
11-06-2016, 08:21 PM
It has been a must win..

They are all must wins, I guess, but even the most sunshine pumping , OM hating of you have to admit that with Kelly, State would have zero chance in the Egg Bowl.

So no bowl possible. Now there is at least a chance if we can beat Ark. at home.

EngDawg
11-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Slippery slope when it comes to sitting players vs the #1 team in the country to protect them from injury. Especially young players that you're trying to develop for the future. I see the argument for sitting them and I agree with it somewhat but I think the potential backfire from it isn't worth it. Play them and let them gain the experience of facing #1 in the country.

I think I agree with you. It sends the wrong message to the team if you sit players to protect them. Let them have their shot and when we go down by four scores yank them, put the scrubs in, and take what comes with a smile.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-06-2016, 08:48 PM
same gameplan they had with Dak. We have 0 chance.

mstatefan91
11-06-2016, 08:52 PM
I am of the opposite mind. Send them out there with the full intention of winning. Call plays and scheme like you have nothing to lose (we don't) and let the chips fall where they may. It may lead to some new wrinkles for the final two games.

But yes, if we get down by 28 or so then yank them for 2nd and 3rd string guys.

Dawgology
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM

This is what I just can't get over. At WORSt that should have been win 6. Could have been win 7. Shit, we could have been looking at another 8 - 9 win season if we could make a damn 30 yard field goal. "Ifs and buts"

Percho
11-06-2016, 10:31 PM

Do we have just a good a chance of beating Bama as we had in 80?

IMissJack
11-06-2016, 11:11 PM

No. We won 9 games in 80 and were 6-2 going into the bama game. And we had Dana Moore kicking**.

Dawgology
11-07-2016, 12:23 AM
No. We won 9 games in 80 and were 6-2 going into the bama game. And we had Dana Moore kicking**.

Dana have any eligibility left???

GTHOM
11-07-2016, 01:10 AM
They are all must wins, I guess, but even the most sunshine pumping , OM hating of you have to admit that with Kelly, State would have zero chance in the Egg Bowl.

So no bowl possible. Now there is at least a chance if we can beat Ark. at home.

We had a shot vs OM even with Kelly. Their defense is atrocious ask them

Spiderman
11-07-2016, 07:15 AM
We had a shot vs OM even with Kelly. Their defense is atrocious ask them

Kelly could name his score against us.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Kelly could name his score against us.
And last week everyone said the same thing about aTm

dawgday166
11-07-2016, 07:51 AM
And last week everyone said the same thing about aTm

If we play like we did this past weekend ... I don't quite agree with Spidey's post either.

Dawgfan01
11-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I damn sure dont let Fitz get beat up vs Bama. Quick hook- let Williams and Tiano get some

Excactly. Hes a big boy and a load to bring down. Let the players have fun play loose. Don't forget we were 3-5 in 96 when we took them down. Corner a bulldawg and he will eat yo a$$ up. This week of practice should loose and fun for the players put in some trick plays and something they aren't ready for and lets see what happens

Jack Lambert
11-07-2016, 11:59 AM

I think Fitz is tough SOB and wants to play. I wouldn't do that to the kid. It's Bama and I am sure he wants to play.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2016, 12:04 PM

I would be offended by that. You've got to try and make every play and win every game, or just forget the whole damn thing.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Thank you!

Percho
11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Galaxy Quest

Jason Nesmith: Never give-up, never surrender.

IMHO!

dparker
11-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I suggested to Hypnodawg today that we do the opposite. Start all our "1B's". As Mullen used to say they need those reps where the game is on the line that you can't simulate in practice. Then if/when the score gets run up we put the 1A's in against Bama's 2nd and 3rd string. That gives them good game practice with less of a chance of getting killed. :) Obviously a heavy dose of sarcastrics go with this post.