PDA

View Full Version : 2 things about the football team (probably more than 2 actually)...

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 04:13 PM
A couple of things I keep seeing on this board are both ridiculous and show a lack of football knowledge. I'm not saying I'm some guru, because I'm not, but holy shit some of our fans are going full blown retard over yesterday's loss.

First thing, some of you need to quit saying "we have a sunbelt Oline" or "it's all on our OLine". BULL SHIT. How many of our fans could call the play before we even walked to the line of scrimmage yesterday? You think it's easy to block a defense and create holes when everybody in the mother****ing stadium knows what we're running, where we're running it, and who is running it? Shit. Our OLine can be a strength if our offensive play callers would remove their heads from their asses.

Second thing, some of you need to quit saying "Russell is not the problem, it's the play calling". You are right to an extent. Russell is not the only thing to blame, and the play calling definitely is the suck....but Russell was audibling out of passing plays into running plays. And Russell was scared to throw the ball until someone was wide the hell open bc he was scared of the INT. Russell is not the only one to blame, but as a Senior QB he has GOT to do a better job of controlling the offense. Russell was the one saying he had 2-3 pass options and 2-3 run options EVERY time he goes to the line. So he had the ability to get the offense going through the air but got scared. However, Mullen and Koenning have got to tell him he can't change the play or something, and MAKE him run the most effective plays, and they didn't.

And to all of the imbeciles saying Mullen should be fired.....just stop. If he tanks this year and next, he will be gone, but it is doing NOTHING positive to start that shit after game 1. For all you know, OK state could win the damn National Title and score 60 points a game the rest of the season and shut everybody out. One game does not make a season, and there was a lot to be excited about yesterday in my opinion. Our defense will keep us in a lot of games this year, and our offense WILL improve whether you walking emoticons want to admit it or not. Step off the ledge, quit yelling Fire Mullen, and let us at least play a few games first before calling the season a waste. Hell, at the end of the day, yesterday was a loss like 90% of our fan base expected. A loss is a loss, and I would rather our offense lay a turd to cause us to lose than for our defense to have done it. We have had FAR worse offenses and won games at MSU due to a stout defense, so everybody chill out and give em a chance to bounce back.

We're all pissed, but this may end up forcing changes sooner than we would have seen them had we won an ugly game or two versus cupcakes to start the season and Dan thinking "nothing's wrong, we won!". He got to see immediately that offensive changes need to be made, so let's see what happens.

hacker
09-01-2013, 04:32 PM
I am behind this post wholeheartedly. I seriously went to 247 last night and there was a lot less of the freaking out nonsense about a single game that most people expected to lose anyway. ED looked like Genespage in comparison. If our offense still looks like shit in a few weeks, let's revisit the insanity. I think we owe it to Mullen to give him a few weeks to turn it around.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I am behind this post wholeheartedly. I seriously went to 247 last night and there was a lot less of the freaking out nonsense about a single game that most people expected to lose anyway. ED looked like Genespage in comparison. If our offense still looks like shit in a few weeks, let's revisit the insanity. I think we owe it to Mullen to give him a few weeks to turn it around.

Exactly. And I agree about the Genespage comment too. This board looks like a bunch of people that know nothing about football the way everyone is freaking the hell out. This board was based on pretty knowledgeable posters, and yesterday put a spotlight on several that haven't got a damn clue

Will James
09-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I think we owe it to Mullen to give him a few weeks to turn it around.

We said this after Bama last year. And then A&M happened. And Ole Miss. And Northwestern. And now OK State. He's had an entire offseason to turn it around, with all due respect. Do I want him fired? No. But I want significant changes, firstly is his bullshit attitude on the sideline.

hacker
09-01-2013, 04:50 PM
We said this after Bama last year. And then A&M happened. And Ole Miss. And Northwestern. And now OK State. He's had an entire offseason to turn it around, with all due respect. Do I want him fired? No. But I want significant changes, firstly is his bullshit attitude on the sideline.

And the D has turned around. D looked great. The offense looked great in the first quarter. We just have to figure out why we couldn't keep that up. Or go with Dak.

Will James
09-01-2013, 04:54 PM
And the D has turned around. D looked great. The offense looked great in the first quarter. We just have to figure out why we couldn't keep that up. Or go with Dak.

The D issue was always secondary to our O problems. The O is why we get killed in our losses recently

msstate7
09-01-2013, 04:55 PM

What happened to the offense is TR is too fragile mentally. The first spot of adversity and he losses it. I don't know anyway to fix it other than go to dak. TR is a great, young man but he's not getting it done.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
What happened to the offense is TR is too fragile mentally. The first spot of adversity and he losses it. I don't know anyway to fix it other than go to dak. TR is a great, young man but he's not getting it done.

And I hate how finesse and just pussified our offense looks when Tyler is in. From Russell, to Perkins, to the play calling, we just look like sissy's running that finesse shit. Meanwhile, when Dak is in the game we have him and JRob running downhill and finishing runs by lowering their shoulder and picking up that extra yard. Perkins is fast and elusive at times, but he is far from an every down back. You can't be a tippy toe dancer and play RB every down in the SEC....especially when your QB can't run so you are a 190 LB sitting duck back there. I would like to see a good mix of power run with JRob and Griff, and spread option by mixing Perk in, but do it all with Dak in there at QB. That way we have thunder and lightning, and can still spread the field with Perk's speed and get the corners, but pound inside with Dak and Robinson. We have the talent to be an even better 2010 Relf offense this season and next....but will we do it?

Coach34
09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Just a little FYI to all the people complaining about our OL:

When you run the zone read- you dont have to block the DE- so that alone would make our OT's better. Think about how Autry was rendered worthless yesterday. Look at how Vandy's DE performed against it. Hell, even Russell got 10 yards yesterday when he ran it

Just sayin....

SPMT
09-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Have to read it right though. Dak needs some work on it but it's not hard.

Tbonewannabe
09-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Our offense was better with Tyson Lee than with Tyler. He still throws into triple coverage.