PDA

View Full Version : Weather gurus, any rain coming??

Acid mouth
11-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Ref, Starkvegasdawg, or any other meteorology minds... what is the forecast looking like for the state? I was hoping for rain this week but the chance of rain appears to be going down. What gives?

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Last I saw the west part of the state has a decent chance of seeing some this week, but eastern may stay dry. Euro hinting at storms in about 10 days.

msbulldog
11-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Monroe TV weather (KNOE) calling for 80% Tuesday, Vicksburg at least should get some of that.

EngDawg
11-06-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't know about rain, but I'm hoping another Meterogist vs Engineers fight doesn't breakout.

TheRef
11-06-2016, 01:58 PM
As SVD said, western half has the best chance of rain starting Monday evening and lasting through Tuesday. Expect around .75 inches of rain with higher amounts possible in storms.

Acid mouth
11-07-2016, 08:43 AM
As SVD said, western half has the best chance of rain starting Monday evening and lasting through Tuesday. Expect around .75 inches of rain with higher amounts possible in storms.

This front over LA seems to be moving at turtle speed. I went ahead and finished planting yesterday so hopefully the front will cover the state... particularly Jasper Co. Thanks again for the updates

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2016, 09:25 AM
This front over LA seems to be moving at turtle speed. I went ahead and finished planting yesterday so hopefully the front will cover the state... particularly Jasper Co. Thanks again for the updates

The further west you are the better the rain chances. Here in Starkville we are only looking at about a 20% chance tonight while Greenwood has a 50% chance (last I looked). Was reading something from Spann over the weekend and per the Euro ensemble, he is thinking there may be a distinct pattern change by the middle of the month. I'm about to go take a look now myself.

fishwater99
11-07-2016, 09:49 AM
The further west you are the better the rain chances. Here in Starkville we are only looking at about a 20% chance tonight while Greenwood has a 50% chance (last I looked). Was reading something from Spann over the weekend and per the Euro ensemble, he is thinking there may be a distinct pattern change by the middle of the month. I'm about to go take a look now myself.

What about Warren County just east of Vicksburg?

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2016, 09:57 AM

Looks like you have some to your west and south. Wouldn't surprise me if you saw at least some light rain late this afternoon or tonight. All going to depend how much the dry air over the area impedes its progress.

msbulldog
11-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Hell Fishwater I lived Vicksburg for 20 years. Light rain all day here in West Monroe.

louisvilledawg
11-07-2016, 04:52 PM
We're getting rain right now in ridgeland. Love it

TheRef
11-07-2016, 06:11 PM
It's raining in Greenville, and I may have been Andy Dufresne for a bit.

Jack Lambert
11-07-2016, 06:12 PM
100% in the Jackson Metro.