PDA

View Full Version : To those who enjoy dogging our players and coaches....

AlmostPositive
11-06-2016, 11:10 AM
a reminder: you all too often have no idea what you're talking about.

How many ED posters over the past two months have proclaimed Fitz to be a bust, or clueless, or some milder version of not-the-answer?

Those who did need to process the fact - not opinion - that he is putting up All-SEC numbers lately.

If you declared that Mullen had "quit" you were wrong.

Frankly I wonder about the character of fans who proclaim their own players to be "garbage" or something along those lines. Other than glaring apathy or near-criminal intent, I don't think it is of any value for any of us to slam 18-22 year olds who are giving it their best shot as MSU athletes. You might think it's the cool thing to do... but it strikes me as a sign of arrested development at best.

Yesterday was great. If I had the attitude of the vocal minority here, I would have never even tuned in.

BrokerDawg
11-06-2016, 11:39 AM
^^^^^^ This guy gets it!!!^^^^^^^^ We are our own worst enemy a lot of the time. In life it is easy to know what you know. Not so easy to know what you don't know.

DogsofAnarchy
11-06-2016, 11:42 AM
I have never once BASHED a player or even called one by name. I have however called out coaching and been told that we need more talent. Well no shit. Everyone does. What I have contended is that we have enough players to win games if we run the correct offense, defense and play the right personnel. Yesterday proves my theory correct. Just for the record I will not measure this team by their play this coming Saturday. Bama is a beast. But we have better players than Arkansas and we have as good of players as OM. Let's see if the coaches can get us competitive....

How many ED posters over the past two months have proclaimed Fitz to be a bust, or clueless, or some milder version of not-the-answer?

Those who did need to process the fact - not opinion - that he is putting up All-SEC numbers lately.

Frankly I wonder about the character of fans who proclaim their own players to be "garbage" old something along those lines. Other than glaring apathy or near-criminal intent, I don't think it is of any value for any of us to slam 18-22 year old who are giving it their best shot as MSU athletes. You might think it's the cool thing to do... but it strikes me as a sign of arrested development at best.

Yesterday was great. If I had the attitude of the vocal minority here, I would have never even tuned in.[/QUOTE]

tireddawg
11-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Frankly I wonder about the character of fans who proclaim their own players to be "garbage" or something along those lines. Other than glaring apathy or near-criminal intent, I don't think it is of any value for any of us to slam 18-22 year olds who are giving it their best shot as MSU athletes. You might think it's the cool thing to do... but it strikes me as a sign of arrested development at best.

Yesterday was great. If I had the attitude of the vocal minority here, I would have never even tuned in.

I like this post. 👍

blacklistedbully
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM

So...one upset win at home and you think that proves you were right and the other side was wrong?? SO, if Bama beats the brakes off us Saturday are you gonna come on here and post the other side was correct? :rolleyes:

Also, I don't know many of the "Mullen lost his fire" side who were bashing players, other than to point out when certain players on the O-line and a certain DB were clearly not trying hard.

While I truly hope Dan's apparent change is real...it is still entirely possible his new agent, the agent-of-agents, Jimmy Sexton pointed out to Dan he needed to change the perception if he wanted to get out with a new contract someplace else.

It is also entirely possible the, "Mullen checked out" club has been correct, and that Mullen, upon realizing he wasn't getting another job, had an, "Oh shit" moment, realizing he was going to have to coach through what he'd left in his wake, and we are struggling so, in part because you can't take days off...much less weeks or months off in the SEC and compete.

Now you can call me one of "those fans" in a false attempt to support your opinion, but if you're being honest, you'll know I've been one of the most positive MSU fans on the planet..routinely predicting we'd win more games than just about anyone else. And I was a HUGE Mullen supporter, even when I could see his flaws...always believing he was young and still learning...and that the constant job-flirting was nothing more than false rumors spread by UNM fans.

In the end, I really hope I've been wrong recently..and will freely admit it if and when I feel it's been proven. But one upset win is not nearly enough to proclaim what you have. Its not nearly enough to erase the shit performances vs USA, BYU, UK & UMass. Its not nearly enough to erase Holloway up-the-middle over and over while more effective RB's ride the bench, etc.

Dan doesn't have to win a certain # of games to convince me...but he does have to have our guys playing with "relentless effort" and looking well-coached, regardless of score, the rest of the season to make a believer of me again.

msbulldog
11-06-2016, 03:39 PM

You are so right except in the case of Brandon Bryant, too much give up!

ETA: Brandon Walker on keep it 100 said yesterday that Brandon Bryant may be dealing with ankle injuries that have not been announced. If that is the case I have been totally wrong in some of my remarks I have recently made and I am sorry and ashamed.

dawg27
11-06-2016, 04:48 PM

I will eat crow i was down on mullen and i was very down on fitz i will admit, i was at the game yesterday and they played with fire, dan had fire in him, it appeared dan had no fire left i was wrong,and fitz is getting better.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Only one I have really dogged is Bryant, a lot of quit in that one

I seen it dawg
11-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Getting dogged when they should get dogged is fine. I don't know why there is anything wrong with that. What do you do when your ass is getting dogged? Well Saturday they responded. Got to prove it every day though. Coming on here crying "everybody that was mean to them was wrong" is pretty pussified. They all sucked ass so they got dogged. They finally responded Saturday and when they do there is no reason to dog. Hope it becomes the norm. If they deserve to get dogged again then they will. Don't understand why some people think when you dog them or praise them it's permanent. It's week to week. What have you done this week and what are you putting out there.

I seen it dawg
11-07-2016, 06:01 PM
I guess the was a mic drop....

AlmostPositive
11-07-2016, 06:32 PM
"They all sucked ass."

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about, but at the moment I'm so intimidated by being labeled pussified that I surrender. By all means please continue villifying teenagers as much as you need to compensate for your shortcomings.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Great post.

GTHOM
11-07-2016, 07:04 PM
I have never once BASHED a player or even called one by name. I have however called out coaching and been told that we need more talent. Well no shit. Everyone does. What I have contended is that we have enough players to win games if we run the correct offense, defense and play the right personnel. Yesterday proves my theory correct. Just for the record I will not measure this team by their play this coming Saturday. Bama is a beast. But we have better players than Arkansas and we have as good of players as OM. Let's see if the coaches can get us competitive....

Frankly I wonder about the character of fans who proclaim their own players to be "garbage" old something along those lines. Other than glaring apathy or near-criminal intent, I don't think it is of any value for any of us to slam 18-22 year old who are giving it their best shot as MSU athletes. You might think it's the cool thing to do... but it strikes me as a sign of arrested development at best.

Yesterday was great. If I had the attitude of the vocal minority here, I would have never even tuned in.[/QUOTE]

I've called players by name because they gave absolutely 0 effort on the field. Other than that you hit it spot on. We should win the last 2. Or at least have a hell of a shot.
All this whiny ''Dont say anything bad, they're just kids'' crap is garbage

I seen it dawg
11-07-2016, 07:12 PM
"They all sucked ass."

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about, but at the moment I'm so intimidated by being labeled pussified that I surrender. By all means please continue villifying teenagers as much as you need to compensate for your shortcomings.

Why don't you just say something bad about my momma

Coursesuper
11-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Now that was funny!!!

lamont
11-07-2016, 08:14 PM

http://i.giphy.com/U2EvWvjGHiLFS.gif

BeardoMSU
11-07-2016, 08:17 PM
<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_U2EvWvjGHiLFS"></div><script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: "U2EvWvjGHiLFS",w: 320, h: 240, clickthrough_url: "http://giphy.com/gifs/funny-burt-reynolds-smokey-and-the-bandit-U2EvWvjGHiLFS"});var g = document.createElement("script"); g.type = "text/javascript"; g.async = true;g.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://" : "http://") + "giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

Technology so strong***

lamont
11-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Technology so strong***

I used to just be able to click the pic icon, paste, and hit ok. Now that doesnt work. You got any tips?

lamont
11-07-2016, 08:21 PM
nm

msbulldog
11-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Only one I have really dogged is Bryant, a lot of quit in that one

Brandon Walker on keep it 100 said yesterday that Brandon Bryant may be dealing with ankle injuries that have not been announced. If that is the case I have been totally wrong in some of my remarks I have recently made and I am sorry and ashamed.