PDA

View Full Version : Injuries, etc. I know the policy is not to talk about injuries but Hughes looks done

Saltydog
09-01-2013, 02:39 PM
for the year. I would assume he's got a ruptured Achilles and if so he's done, at least for the year. I've heard nothing on Russell or Love. Any updates there? Who was the other player that was injured? I've read there were four.

So, apparently neither James or Evans even went with the team to Houston. What's the real deal here guys? Suspended, ineligible or what?

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I was told Quay was on the travel roster early last week. I trust that was accurate considering who told me, so I have no clue why he wasn't there. I know at least two people who said they never saw him in Houston, and they would have. I don't think Nick was ever scheduled to go.

I hate it for Hughes. He's turned into one hell of a safety and exceeded any expectations I ever had for him. We're very thin at S.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 02:47 PM
I was told Quay was on the travel roster early last week. I trust that was accurate considering who told me, so I have no clue why he wasn't there. I know at least two people who said they never saw him in Houston, and they would have. I don't think Nick was ever scheduled to go.

I hate it for Hughes. He's turned into one hell of a safety and exceeded any expectations I ever had for him. We're very thin at S.

Time to give shump a look at safety?

MSUDawg4Life
09-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Time to give shump a look at safety?

No! Absolutely not.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 03:23 PM
No! Absolutely not.

Are we redshirting him?

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 04:30 PM
What about Quadry Antoine? Don't we have Dee, Market, Antoine? We could also move Cox or Jiles to Safety once Redmond gets eligible, and have Love, Redmond, Cox/Jiles, and Calhoun (who got abused yesterday) as our rotating corners.

HancockCountyDog
09-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Yeah it was confirmed that Quay and James both didn't make the trip.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah it was confirmed that Quay and James both didn't make the trip.

Well the question now is will they play this week?

Saltydog
09-01-2013, 05:02 PM
he's a better safety than RB.....That's just my obervations from watching him play both in HS.....

I seen it dawg
09-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Coach made a good point yesterday that as much as it sucks we might need to cut bait with one of the James-Quay tandem to save at least one of them. Get the feeling they feed off each other.

Schultzy
09-01-2013, 05:13 PM
I think Hughes was a good safety too. Savvy. I hate to see us lose high football IQ people.

bulldawg28
09-01-2013, 05:13 PM
he's a better safety than RB.....That's just my obervations from watching him play both in HS.....

Shump May play this year at RB. Perkins sucks at pass blocking and is a liability there. Plus we have plenty of guys at safetythat are capable and know the defense.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Shump May play this year at RB. Perkins sucks at pass blocking and is a liability there. Plus we have plenty of guys at safetythat are capable and know the defense.

I don't want to just survive at safety. We have a potential star at safety watching on the sideline. If shump is as good as I've heard at safety, I want him there or running it one. He's too good to be riding pine

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Where do people come up with this shit?

Perkins is probably our best pass blocker at RB. I agree that he is not physical runner, and that he is not an every down back....but the dude can pass block.

Saltydog
09-01-2013, 05:18 PM
of nice plays........

DAWGS1
09-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I thought Dee Arrington looked good out there yesterday and much bigger than the 6-1 220lbs listed. He was fast, played physical and looked more like a OLB to me. I think he is going to be special before he is done in Starkville.