#3 in sec in sacks allowed
#9 in sec in TFL allowed

#5 in sec-only rushing offense
#3 in sec-only sacks allowed
#6 in sec-only TFL allowed

Our oline seems to be doing better than we've given them credit for

MaroonFlounder
11-06-2016, 07:51 AM
I'll pray for them against Bama on Saturday.

civildawg
11-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Look, the oline played great yesterday but let's not forget how bad they have looked this year. We have all seen the clips. The effort has been pathetic leading up to this game.

msstate7
11-06-2016, 07:55 AM
I'll pray for them against Bama on Saturday.

Gonna be bad. Mullen needs to draw up 15 trick plays and run every one.

msstate7
11-06-2016, 08:00 AM
Look, the oline played great yesterday but let's not forget how bad they have looked this year. We have all seen the clips. The effort has been pathetic leading up to this game.

That's why I included sec-only rankings too. We've faced lsu, auburn, aTm, and Kentucky and we're still still among sec leaders in the 3 categories I know that rate oline play.

We've rushed for 281 and 365 in our last 2 sec games. After we get our whipping this week, we get to see the worst 2 sec defenses vs the run in Arkansas and om

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 08:18 AM
A lot of that is due to Fitz and his escapeability from the pocket. That adds to rushing yards and decreases sacks too. If Etling were back there those would be some ugly numbers.

msstate7
11-06-2016, 08:21 AM
A lot of that is due to Fitz and his escapeability from the pocket. That adds to rushing yards and decreases sacks too. If Etling were back there those would be some ugly numbers.

That's true, but here's last year's rankings in each with another mobile qb...

#12 rushing offense
#12 sacks allowed
#7 TFL allowed

PassInterference
11-06-2016, 08:24 AM

So you're saying our QB and scheme leads to more rushing yards and fewer sacks. Sounds good to me.

msstate7
11-06-2016, 08:30 AM
I'm really pretty bad at judging oline play other than just looking at a few stats, but I thought rankin played pretty well yesterday. Anyone with a better eye for oline play care to evaluate rankin yesterday? It would really be great if he's starting to get it

RocketDawg
11-06-2016, 08:32 AM

But isn't that a good thing? Etling's not back there, and the numbers speak for themselves.

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2016, 08:32 AM
That's true, but here's last year's rankings in each with another mobile qb...

#12 rushing offense
#12 sacks allowed
#7 TFL allowed

Something I've said before about the Ol - we recruit guys for our system. In seasons that we are pass heavy - 2013 and 2015 - they look like trash because we deviate from what they do well. Now, are they all world? No. But when we run out true offense - a run first option - they can be above average.

klong-dog
11-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Need to run a few hb screens here and there to help neutralize the pass rush.

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 08:36 AM
So you're saying our QB and scheme leads to more rushing yards and fewer sacks. Sounds good to me.

I don't know if I've ever said I don't like our scheme. I've said the creativity out of it should be expanded, I"ve said it may need to be tweaked (especially in red zone). I'd like to see more 2 backs in backfield at times. I watched maybe half or little less yesterday. Didn't seem quite so predictable. Maybe that was Johnson calling plays .. don't know.

Next week. Throw QB draw in red zone OUT of playbook. Won't work. Let me emphasize this .. IT WILL NOT WORK. Draw up some really creative scoring plays (inside red zone) that maybe bammer hasn't seen from us.

ETA: Fitz may turn out to be a special QB too. I've seen the flashes all year. I've never been one hollering for his head. I've wanted to stick with him cause I think he may have it. He just needs more experience.