PDA

View Full Version : Graves

Vandelay Industries
11-05-2016, 11:12 PM
It's all in his head now right? How many chip shots can he miss?

Leroy Jenkins
11-05-2016, 11:16 PM
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111184849/4201790-boom-in-before-the-lock.jpg.cf%5B1%5D.jpg

Vandelay Industries
11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
No big deal if it gets the lock, not trying to crush the kid. Just wondering

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 11:22 PM

Seems to be a mental confidence thing.

ScottH
11-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Has Boniol made him worse?

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 11:29 PM
He was so good last year. Only missed 2. He's got the yips, like a pitcher that can't throw strikes anymore. Sad

BoomBoom
11-05-2016, 11:31 PM

partly. would help to give a struggling kicker kicks from the middle, not the hashes.

BulldogBear
11-05-2016, 11:37 PM
He was so good last year. Only missed 2. He's got the yips, like a pitcher that can't throw strikes anymore. Sad

The NCAA changed the football***

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Has Boniol made him worse?

If you are serious, my answer would be no. Not with the experience he has had as a kicker in college and the NFL and what he accompished both kicking and coaching in the NFL. He also had a kicking camp prior to coming to MSU. Maybe we have a scholarship need, at that position, instead of a walkon position?

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 11:48 PM
The NCAA changed the football***

Wow! Funniest post of the day! Excellent!

ScottH
11-06-2016, 12:12 AM
If you are serious, my answer would be no. Not with the experience he has had as a kicker in college and the NFL and what he accompished both kicking and coaching in the NFL. He also had a kicking camp prior to coming to MSU. Maybe we have a scholarship need, at that position, instead of a walkon position?

I am serious.

Logically it seems no way Boniol could hurt.

However something changed. I would assume sometimes players and coaches don't jive.

Graves obviously had limited range last year but I felt he was quite reliable close in. This year it's a crapshoot from anywhere.

My first place to look is what is different between the years.

mparkerfd20
11-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Can't wait till he graduates.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2016, 01:11 AM
I am serious.

Logically it seems no way Boniol could hurt.

However something changed. I would assume sometimes players and coaches don't jive.

Graves obviously had limited range last year but I felt he was quite reliable close in. This year it's a crapshoot from anywhere.

My first place to look is what is different between the years.

I just saw Mullen's presser and he said it was a mental thing. He said Graves makes the kicks during practice. He said he had thought about making a change, but for now just playing it out. I don't know this for a fact, but that USA miss, could have stayed in his head when he gets in a similal type hash mark postion on the field, and then it becomes a mental thing.

basedog
11-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Mental is a bad thing for a FG kicker. Change should be made, let Graves kick extra points.

I'm worried about Cooke not being able to play, our punter yesterday wasn't impressive.

TNDawg35
11-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Mental is a bad thing for a FG kicker. Change should be made, let Graves kick extra points.

I'm worried about Cooke not being able to play, our punter yesterday wasn't impressive.

I thought our punting was better yesterday, besides the one shank. He had a couple very nice punts including the one that was run back right before half. If I'm not mistaken, Noil caught that ball inside the 10. That should have been brought back as the block in the back took out the 1st tackler and also the next guy who would have helped the 1st tackler...

Belegal
11-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Why punt to him at all? Punt the ball out of bounds inside the 20 with little time left- don't even chance a return!

shoeless joe
11-06-2016, 09:52 AM
I thought our punting was better yesterday, besides the one shank. He had a couple very nice punts including the one that was run back right before half. If I'm not mistaken, Noil caught that ball inside the 10. That should have been brought back as the block in the back took out the 1st tackler and also the next guy who would have helped the 1st tackler...

You are mistaken quite a bit in this post. Except in regards to the blown call. That was SEC officiating at its best.

drunkernhelldawg
11-06-2016, 10:09 AM

The bottom like is that Mullen needs to take the kicking game more seriously than he does. It's an incredible factor that should be in our favor but isn't. That's one thing I liked about JWS; he elevated the importance of the kicking game.

the59dawg
11-06-2016, 10:09 AM
4 out of last 5 fg misses. Also watch his extra pt tries. One time just inside left, next time inside right, then down the middle. He is all over the place, even on ept's.

Spiderman
11-06-2016, 10:14 AM
I just saw Mullen's presser and he said it was a mental thing. He said Graves makes the kicks during practice. He said he had thought about making a change, but for now just playing it out. I don't know this for a fact, but that USA miss, could have stayed in his head when he gets in a similal type hash mark postion on the field, and then it becomes a mental thing.

Life is full of "practice players" in all things, not just sports.

What counts is what they do when the lights are on and the band is playing.

Give me a gamer anyday

basedog
11-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Cooke got hurt on that long TD run which was BS, should have been called back with them on the 4 yad line. Second half Cooke didn't punt anymore. Cooke also was the one that kicked the first two line drive KO offs that the Aggies missed place.

gravedigger
11-06-2016, 10:29 AM
actually its more in my belly area. And I haven't played golf in a couple of years but I assure you there is no limit.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
I was told he had two slipped disks in his back and they shoot him up before each game. Don't know if that's accurate or not, but said it had affected his follow through on his kicks. Dan is going to have to make a change soon, but let Graves know it's just until he gets well or works through his confidence issues.