PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready for a Nightmare hypothetical?

missouridawg
09-01-2013, 02:23 PM
I think it's pretty clear that most people would prefer to see something different with our offense... and that something is giving Dak the reins.

What happens if Tyler's concussion keeps him out for 2 games and Dak beats Alcorn and Auburn.... and then Tyler is cleared? Do we go back to Tyler?

Will James
09-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Nope. Brady > Bledsoe.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I think it's pretty clear that most people would prefer to see something different with our offense... and that something is giving Dak the reins.

What happens if Tyler's concussion keeps him out for 2 games and Dak beats Alcorn and Auburn.... and then Tyler is cleared? Do we go back to Tyler?
Conventional wisdom says you don't lose your job due to injury. However, if against auburn (asu doesnt count) dak is just lighting it up and looking like cam 2.0(minus the 180k) then it might be a case where Mullen reverses things and lets dak start and Russell see spot play. For whatever reason my gut just tells me Russell will not be permantly benched barring injury.

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm more worried about what happens if our running QB gets hurt while TR is out.

Original48
09-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Whether Russell is hurt or not..we at least need to go two QB and give it to the hot hand. In a weird way I think this would actually help Tyler and take some pressure off him cause he just doesn't look confident like I thought he would year 5. At most we need to start the Dak era.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm more worried about what happens if our running QB gets hurt while TR is out.

Anyone seen Williams in practice?

fishwater99
09-01-2013, 02:52 PM
TR is not the problem, play-calling and Mullen are the problem. Dan is just not a great offensive coach and it really showed yesterday.

msstatelp1
09-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Conventional wisdom says you don't lose your job due to injury. However, if against auburn (asu doesnt count) dak is just lighting it up and looking like cam 2.0(minus the 180k) then it might be a case where Mullen reverses things and lets dak start and Russell see spot play. For whatever reason my gut just tells me Russell will not be permantly benched barring injury.

Starting is Russell's reward for staying with us. Mullen has proven time and time again that he won't pull him unless he's injured. I like TR and I like that DM is loyal to his JR/SR's but if Dak is moving the offense and Tyler isn't, I think DM's loyalty to TR wins out.

MrKotter
09-01-2013, 03:24 PM
TR is not the problem, play-calling and Mullen are the problem. Dan is just not a great offensive coach and it really showed yesterday.
Keep telling yourself that.

TopconDog
09-01-2013, 03:38 PM
until we get a non sunbelt oline,nothing is gonna change

dparker
09-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

Until the coaches prove otherwise, that is exactly what I plan on doing. Did you see anything from the end of last season until today to say otherwise? If so, please share because I sure didn't.

hacker
09-01-2013, 04:34 PM

Huh? How can you be worried about this if we, as a fanbase, are expecting him to take over as a starter?

Coach34
09-01-2013, 04:39 PM

I've seen Mullen coach an offense led by Chris Relf that averaged 400 yards per game on offense- and Dak can throw better than Relf. I'm willing to take my chances with that vs anything we have with Tyler Russell

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I've seen Mullen coach an offense led by Chris Relf that averaged 400 yards per game on offense- and Dak can throw better than Relf. I'm willing to take my chances with that vs anything we have with Tyler Russell

Coach, are you feeling at all like a psychic today? I am. I saw this shit coming as soon as Relf graduated and I saw Russell line up in the pistol the first time. Looks like it's coming to fruition unfortunately.

Bothrops
09-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Dak ain't ready, wouldn't happen. I really wish that Dak had had more playing time last year. He should have played the entire second half of Gator bowl, for instance.

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Coach, are you feeling at all like a psychic today? I am. I saw this shit coming as soon as Relf graduated and I saw Russell line up in the pistol the first time. Looks like it's coming to fruition unfortunately.

Won't even lie, I'm well beyond pissed that the 3 of us were right about TR and our offense. I wanted to be wrong for the sake of the program. But I knew I wasn't. It's bad when I'm talking about our offense in a way I haven't since the Crxxms Error.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Sorry, Fish, but TR is part of the problem. His lack of mobility makes the offense one-dimensional and defenses key on that. When TR had his 7 -8 yard burst against OSU and got up pumping his fist like he just got his first piece of beaver, I thought to myself "but TR that's what you should be doing on a regular basis not once a game". I like TR but his overall game is not good enough to beat the teams with a pulse.

Tbonewannabe
09-01-2013, 07:36 PM
One of the problems is even with Tyler we don't complete passes down field.

Thick
09-01-2013, 07:48 PM
until we get a non sunbelt oline,nothing is gonna change

What are you talking about? The oline is fine, but when you constantly call the same play or you don't call plays that counter blitzes then your oline is not responsible. We scored 3 points yesterday, and the oline was not the problem.

One play to point out was when TR through the pick in the first qtr. TR eyed Perkins from the snap, the LB, the safety, and the corner all bit, and if TR checks down to Malcolm he throws a TD. Malcolm ran a post corner and was butt naked wide open. That kind of stuff from your senior QB, cannot be accepted. Neither can Autry's ineptness of keeping outside containment, another senior. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the oline is not the culprit.

Will James
09-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Won't even lie, I'm well beyond pissed that the 3 of us were right

I've been right there with y'all on Dak.

Croom would have had a better showing against OK State than Dan did.

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I've been right there with y'all on Dak.

Gotta give you props, Will. You have been there with us on Dak. But I wouldn't go so far as to say Crxxms would've done better. Don't think he could've done much worse, though.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Today I have read various messages from how everyone from the AD on down needs to go to there is a conspiracy involving Slime, Simpleton, and Stricklin to ouster Mullen, but this statement is the most ridiculous of them all.

Will James
09-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Gotta give you props, Will. You have been there with us on Dak. But I wouldn't go so far as to say Crxxms would've done better. Don't think he could've done much worse, though.

Crxxm would have pounded the damn rock with J-Rob. Hell TR probably fits right into that Worst Coast offense better than the shit we've been trying in our last 6 losses.

dparker
09-02-2013, 01:21 AM
One of the problems is even with Tyler we don't complete passes down field.

The other problem is that we don't complete them without him either

DanDority
09-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm afraid there is a lot of big money behind Russell.