PDA

View Full Version : Shea Patterson is toast

PassInterference
11-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Chad Kelly got hurt. Freeze is talking about Bucannan walking on to start at QB.

Why not the #1 QB in the nation Shea Patterson? Freeze says they don't want to pull his redshirt. I call bullshit.

Patterson is not a 5-year guy. He'll be gone in 3 or 4. So no reason at all to redshirt him.

But there is good reason not to play him. He is under the NCAA gun. He has issues. His family has issues. A certain house on the coast has issues. Shea Patterson isn't playing because he can't - and he won't for a long time.

Delmar
11-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Chad Kelly got hurt. Freeze is talking about Bucannan walking on to start at QB.

Why not the #1 QB in the nation Shea Patterson? Freeze says they don't want to pull his redshirt. I call bullshit.

Patterson is not a 5-year guy. He'll be gone in 3 or 4. So no reason at all to redshirt him.

But there is good reason not to play him. He is under the NCAA gun. He has issues. His family has issues. A certain house on the coast has issues. Shea Patterson isn't playing because he can't - and he won't for a long time.

If only there was some type of publication that could ask Freeze if Patterson was involved in the NCAA investigation. Too bad we don't have that sort of thing in this state.

HSVDawg
11-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Just a question, but why wouldn't Pellerin be the guy? He's looked good in the extremely limited action that I have seen him. Most of what I remember were running plays though. Can he not throw?

I seen it dawg
11-05-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm sure Buchanan to be the backup to pellerin

RocketDawg
11-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Would the NCAA tell Freeze that Patterson was being investigated? I wouldn't think so. Freeze might assume it if there were shenanigans going on, but I doubt they'd give him a heads up.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2016, 09:46 PM
I'm sure Buchanan to be the backup to pellerin

Listening to Cross on my way home today and that is what he said. They need him for a back up. I think them not playing Patterson is a sign that they are fixing to lose a bunch of Scholarship and they are trying to manage the future.

Goldendawg
11-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Hey the have sole possession of last place in the SEC West. They're holding Shea for the future! He can't play and Freeze may not be there in the near future (I hope!).

lastmajordog
11-05-2016, 10:00 PM
If only there was some type of publication that could ask Freeze if Patterson was involved in the NCAA investigation. Too bad we don't have that sort of thing in this state.

I agree...shows MSU needs a REAL journalism school....

Todd4State
11-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Would the NCAA tell Freeze that Patterson was being investigated? I wouldn't think so. Freeze might assume it if there were shenanigans going on, but I doubt they'd give him a heads up.

I would imagine that they would let them know if he is eligible to play or not.

BulldogBear
11-05-2016, 10:31 PM
My guess is Patterson never plays a down at Ole Miss. He will transfer before next season or something.

GTHOM
11-05-2016, 10:34 PM
How do you know Kelly is hurt bad enough to be out

Todd4State
11-05-2016, 10:36 PM
How do you know Kelly is hurt bad enough to be out

If they're asking a guy that quit their team to come back as a back up they probably don't feel real confident about the results.

GTHOM
11-05-2016, 10:39 PM
If they're asking a guy that quit their team to come back as a back up they probably don't feel real confident about the results.

Freeze publicly said hes wanting Bucannon to come back?

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-05-2016, 10:52 PM
The NCAA won't tell OM the investigation involves Patterson, but if the NCAA interviews Patterson or asks OM questions regarding him, they can put 2 and 2 together as to whether the NCAA thinks there may have been problems with his recruitment.

I just can't imagine a team not trying to get some experience for a guy they will be depending on next year.

archdog
11-05-2016, 10:58 PM
I agree...shows MSU needs a REAL journalism school....

Why can't we have a journalism school?

DeviousDawg
11-05-2016, 11:04 PM
I don't think y'all understand how screwed they are.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Why can't we have a journalism school?

Because MSU is really only interested in things that contribute to society and civilization. That automatically excludes journalism by definition.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 11:48 PM

I agree. If they thought Kelly even had a slim chance of playing, why would Freeze make a statement like that? I thought they had a walkon qb, but maybe not?

fishwater99
11-05-2016, 11:57 PM
The NCAA won't tell OM the investigation involves Patterson, but if the NCAA interviews Patterson or asks OM questions regarding him, they can put 2 and 2 together as to whether the NCAA thinks there may have been problems with his recruitment.

I just can't imagine a team not trying to get some experience for a guy they will be depending on next year.

This. They know he can't play.

HaggardDawg
11-06-2016, 07:01 AM
I agree. If they thought Kelly even had a slim chance of playing, why would Freeze make a statement like that? I thought they had a walkon qb, but maybe not?

They do and it happens to be Butch Davis's son. Must suck to be him if your coach is publicly putting pressure on a guy to walk back on the team after he quit.

TrueMaroon
11-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Because MSU is really only interested in things that contribute to society and civilization. That automatically excludes journalism by definition.

Hilarious! Have a pat on the back, sir!

Indndawg
11-06-2016, 07:40 AM

boom

PassInterference
11-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Bump.

Toaster on 10, left sitting there a week, done.