PDA

View Full Version : Bama next week

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Bama and LSU are in a good old fashioned slobber knocker.

Question - does Bama playing a very physical and grinding game help us any next week? I'm not saying a win - but just allow a more even match up against a possibly flat and battered team?

rolodawg
11-05-2016, 08:33 PM
It has not helped in recent history.....

Saltydog
11-05-2016, 08:38 PM
NT

msstate7
11-05-2016, 08:39 PM
I think it could help us if they get 12-15 targeting penalties in the 2nd half**

Maybe they come in sleepwalking

MaxedOutMaroon
11-05-2016, 08:41 PM
We've pondered that before, and it didn't work

lastmajordog
11-05-2016, 08:41 PM
No...Dan should have won with all that talent in 14 but he went conservative and played into Satan’s hands....just hope it will be respectable...Dogs haven’t matched up well with Bama since JWS except for the Bama probation years.

oldwave
11-05-2016, 09:11 PM
no...when Dan should have won with all that talent and froze in 14....just hope respectable...

No disrespect intended, but maybe you haven't heard, today belongs to us sunshine pumpers. Back to y'alls negativity tomorrow, PLEASE.

dawgday166
11-05-2016, 09:15 PM
We got bammer raht where we wan 'em.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2016, 09:21 PM
We aren't coming close to beating Bama no matter what. Get that out of your head.

My hope is that kids go over there and play hard, have fun, and come away with some moral victory that builds on today.

That's it

GTHOM
11-05-2016, 10:38 PM
We will come out and give them hell then it will start to come apart after halftime.

Same ol song and dance

LC Dawg
11-05-2016, 10:39 PM
**** Bama

MarketingBully
11-05-2016, 10:47 PM
We aren't coming close to beating Bama no matter what. Get that out of your head.

My hope is that kids go over there and play hard, have fun, and come away with some moral victory that builds on today.

That's it

Agreed. I just want us to play hard and compete. I don't think we beat them. I think we do however have a chance to win against Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Pinto
11-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Bama has a highly mobile QB. We don't do well with that.

On the flip, no one will give us a shot so throw the dice, drink a beer, make some noise, have fun, and see what happens. Sometimes you get on a heater and end up flipping off the cameras as you go to cash out. It's all about how you step up to the table.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 10:59 PM

Question - does Bama playing a very physical and grinding game help us any next week? I'm not saying a win - but just allow a more even match up against a possibly flat and battered team?

Maybe the 11 AM kickoff may, since they aren't used to those, but doubtful that will have any impact on the outcome of the game.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 11:05 PM

Saban isn't going to let his players overlook us. Guarantee the Texas A&M win will be mentioned. I just hope Fitz doesn't get hurt. Etling took a lot of hard shots tonight.

Thick
11-05-2016, 11:35 PM
The keys to next week, play hard, execute at a high level, no major injuries, and regardless of the outcome, take the positives into the last 2 games.

lastmajordog
11-06-2016, 05:21 AM
No disrespect intended, but maybe you haven't heard, today belongs to us sunshine pumpers. Back to y'alls negativity tomorrow, PLEASE.

Didn’t mean to be negative I promise, so proud of the DOGS and especially DAN for MAKING CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS..... I mean ecstatic proud!! Watching Bama tonight I don’t think we match up well with their def front. I hope Dan plays them like Barn burners...and the rest of the year (ESPECIALLY THE EGG). Really REALLY like it when coaches PO’d and like arrogant confident as in the beginning and at the pregame prep talk LSU 14...
“I don’t think they know what is about to take that field out there....I don’t think anybody knows what is about to take that field”...Dan Mullen

drunkernhelldawg
11-06-2016, 07:35 AM
LSU did give us a blueprint for stopping Bama. Not predicting a win like I did vs. Texas A and M, but I have some hope.

klong-dog
11-06-2016, 08:17 AM
LSU did give us a blueprint for stopping Bama. Not predicting a win like I did vs. Texas A and M, but I have some hope.

Lol

MarketingBully
11-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Lol

You laugh but if you keep Hurts in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm, you shut their offense damn near out. Hurts has made crucial mistakes in every first half he has played. The key to beating them is taking advantage of his early mistakes. If LSU had scored on those drives that Hurts had an INT and a fumble, LSU wins that game going away. Instead, all the Hurts mistakes didn't hurt him at all. That's why I don't think Alabama will win the national championship. Sooner or later those first half mistakes will catch up to Hurts. That's why I thought it was unbelieveably risky (and dumb) for Saban to go with a true freshman QB for this team when he didn't have to.

MarketingBully
11-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Saban isn't going to let his players overlook us. Guarantee the Texas A&M win will be mentioned. I just hope Fitz doesn't get hurt. Etling took a lot of hard shots tonight.

Doesn't matter what Saban says or does as long as Kiffin keeps asking Hurts to do more then he can do as a true freshman. You force Hurts into becoming a pocket passer and you have a shot.

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Doesn't matter what Saban says or does as long as Kiffin keeps asking Hurts to do more then he can do as a true freshman. You force Hurts into becoming a pocket passer and you have a shot.

Those are some dark, really dark maroon glasses you be wearing.

Go look at all our past Bama games except 2014. We gonna lose at least 30+ to 3 or maybe 7. Saban does not like losing to MSU. He will call off the dogs some tho after getting up big.

ETA: If we play THAT LSU team from last night, the result wouldn't be too dissimilar than next week. Their D came to play. They'd kick us good.

defiantdog
11-06-2016, 08:52 AM
LSU lacked imagination on offense. 125 total yards of offense? You can't win with those numbers. We won't do much better.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-06-2016, 09:10 AM
BUCK FAMA!!

IMissJack
11-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Just don't get anyone hurt, especially Fitz.

the59dawg
11-06-2016, 10:20 AM
We will come out and give them hell then it will start to come apart after halftime.

Same ol song and dance

You've already had to eat crow over Sat. Didn't learn much did you?

drunkernhelldawg
11-06-2016, 10:57 AM
LSU lacked imagination on offense. 125 total yards of offense? You can't win with those numbers. We won't do much better.

I think we gain at least 300 yards.

Token Bammer
11-06-2016, 11:35 AM
The key to beating them is taking advantage of his early mistakes. If LSU had scored on those drives that Hurts had an INT and a fumble, LSU wins that game GOING AWAY.

I hate to disagree. LSU had 125 yards total offense. LF7 had less than 40 yards for the second year in row. LSU's deepest drive on Alabama was their first that took them to the Alabama 30. That drive started on the Alabama 33. "Going away" just makes it sound so simple.

LSU had a great defensive gameplan and executed it very well. Kiffin was no doubt out coached for 3 quarters, but a freshman QB and Scarbrough made the plays down the stretch to get the Tide a W in probably the toughest environment in college football.

I'm not trying to tout BAMA because everyone knows they are good, but imo what they did last night was incredibly impressive as a team on the road with a very young offensive football team and a defense that's second to none. No one is going to beat BAMA going away. There isn't another death valley experience on the schedule for Hurts but he undoubtedly grew from this one. Jmo

TUSK
11-06-2016, 11:46 AM
I hate to disagree. LSU had 125 yards total offense. LF7 had less than 40 yards for the second year in row. LSU's deepest drive on Alabama was their first that took them to the Alabama 30. That drive started on the Alabama 33. "Going away" just makes it sound so simple.

LSU had a great defensive gameplan and executed it very well. Kiffin was no doubt out coached for 3 quarters, but a freshman QB and Scarbrough made the plays down the stretch to get the Tide a W in probably the toughest environment in college football.

I'm not trying to tout BAMA because everyone knows they are good, but imo what they did last night was incredibly impressive as a team on the road with a very young offensive football team and a defense that's second to none. No one is going to beat BAMA going away. There isn't another death valley experience on the schedule for Hurts but he undoubtedly grew from this one. Jmo

This is correct... and Hurts isn't the typical FR QB...

It wasn't LSU's conservative gameplan that kept them out of the endzone; it was more and better athletes and coaching....

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 11:47 AM

Ha ... some folks do kinda wanna twist reality around some don't they lol. There were a few throws to be made here and there that Etling missed but overall you're right.

Anyone that says someone "beats Bama GOING AWAY" ... SMDH on that one.

TUSK
11-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Ha ... some folks do kinda wanna twist reality around some don't they lol. There were a few throws to be made here and there that Etling missed but overall you're right.

Anyone that says someone "beats Bama GOING AWAY" ... SMDH on that one.

ditto... lost in all of this is that LSU did an outstanding job in the field position battle... everything went right for their ST to keep Bammer bottled up most of the night....

and that greatly influenced our play calling.... I thought LSU played "lights out", especially on D and ST....

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 12:21 PM
You put Hurts on LSU's team and you probably can flip the score. But they still don't beat them going away. This Random 34 was wrong on ... Etling isn't a good QB or really even serviceable. I'll take Fitz any day and twice on Sundays over Etling.

BTW ... The PF call everyone was giving you hell on Tusk ... it was good call if I'm thinking of the right one, where LSU defender hit Hurts OOB. I yelled as he was approaching Hurts not to hit him. Can't be stupid there.

TUSK
11-06-2016, 12:25 PM
You put Hurts on LSU's team and you probably can flip the score. But they still don't beat them going away. This Random 34 was wrong on ... Etling isn't a good QB or really even serviceable. I'll take Fitz any day and twice on Sundays over Etling.

BTW ... The PF call everyone was giving you hell on Tusk ... it was good call if I'm thinking of the right one, where LSU defender hit Hurts OOB. I yelled as he was approaching Hurts not to hit him. Can't be stupid there.

I wouldn't have thrown the flag on that play... it was prolly against the rule (technically), but I prefer to "lettem" play...

regardless, officiating didn't overly influence the outcome of that game...

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 12:33 PM
You're right about officiating not really influencing it. Bama wins anyway. LSU O couldn't sustain anything. D was on field all night long seemed like. Bama wore them down. The extremely few teams Bama doesn't destroy they just wear down.