PDA

View Full Version : Now that we've had a chance to step back

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
What, if anything, do you need to see next week to return any optimism for this season?

msstate7
09-01-2013, 01:58 PM
1. Dak start

2. Robinson carry ball on early downs

3. LP receive more than rush. Screens!

4. Get brandon holloway involved.

5. Let dak throw on 3rd and short

6. Autry contain

7. Nick and/or quay play and play well

8. Love get healthy

msstatelp1
09-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Sorry, but there's almost nothing we can do next week that will give me confidence in our offense. Playing Alcorn is like playing JSU last year. Even if we score 70 points, we're still playing a SWAC defense. I'd like to see the things msstate7 mentioned but doing them against Alcorn is no guarantee that we will do them against Auburn, regardless of how successful they are.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Sorry, but there's almost nothing we can do next week that will give me confidence in our offense. Playing Alcorn is like playing JSU last year. Even if we score 70 points, we're still playing a SWAC defense. I'd like to see the things msstate7 mentioned but doing them against Alcorn is no guarantee that we will do them against Auburn, regardless of how successful they are.

Normally I would agree about nothing matters when you play a swac school, but this team needs some confidence. I want us to roll Alcorn. I wanna play our starters for 3 quarters and put a lot of emphasis on execution.

Saltydog
09-01-2013, 05:15 PM
club. Until we do something against a quality opponent, I'll continue to be a Debbie Downer. I hate to be that way and in years past I haven't but after watching that garbage yesterday I am the eternal pessimists until further notice. I really thought we had a shot against OSU and would finally beat someone worth a damn.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Normally I would agree about nothing matters when you play a swac school, but this team needs some confidence. I want us to roll Alcorn. I wanna play our starters for 3 quarters and put a lot of emphasis on execution.

You're right. We need to execute and get guys like Dak and these WR's a lot of action. We need confidence and reps on offense. We can get those things against Alcorn.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2013, 05:38 PM
We need physical reps where guys are actually trying to hit us. Dak needs GAME reps.

PassInterference
09-01-2013, 06:37 PM

^^THIS.

Nothing we can do next week can improve my opinion.

For my opinion to improve, we need to compete with Auburn. Just being competitive will pick my opinion up out of the apathy hole.

Beat Auburn, and I'll get excited again.

Ghost of Hank Flick
09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't think there's much we can learn next week because we will overmatch them at every position and that will mask any deficiencies. But I would like to see more accurate throws from whoever is playing QB. We have got to stop throwing behind the reciever, Tubby could have had 100 yards yesterday if not for terrible throws.