PDA

View Full Version : Just got back........

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 05:02 PM
First of all, for all of you that didn't go, thousands of you, you missed a heck of a football game. Other observations in no particular order:

Fitz looked like a QUARTERBACK today. I've been hard on him but he looked the part today. He is still missing reads and throwing balls he shouldn't, but there weren't NEARLY as many today. I started noticing this next one last week , but it was even more apparent today. Teammates are starting to talk to him and congratulate him. They are starting to celebrate with him an actually look like they mean it. Those are all very encouraging signs.

We have ALL bashed the offensive line all year. Credit where it is DUE, those guys played a HELL of a game today.

The defensive front played EXTREMELY well. We held them to about half their usual rushing total. We were getting some pressure on the QB at times too. The only real negative was losing the QB in containment. That mostly got corrected as the game went on.

The defensive secondary actually looked better. The long ball is still a HUGE problem but they were MUCH better on the short stuff.

Aries Williams established himself as a every down back. He didn't look great, but he did look good. THAT is a huge improvement at that position.

FG kicking....................not going there. The rest was too much fun.

Punting........other than the one that got run back (and SHOULD have been called back) it wasn't bad considering what happened. Has anyone heard how Cooke is?

The coaching staff did one hell of a job, all of them. If you want to quibble I would have run the ball right before the half. I can however, understand going for the jugular. We really had them on the ropes and a score right before the half would have left them reeling.

At the end I kept think about JWS and Bama '96. Hopefully this one can be the same type of springboard. It sure looked like a team that finally found it's footing. They had every chance to fold up, and they didn't. THAT is the biggest step forward of all I saw today. It's a very slim hope for dang sure, but there is at least a small glimmer of 6 wins barely hanging around just beyond the horizon.

Tear it apart or add to it, but just my thoughts.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Great points, excellent post! Cooke been battling a knee injury all year and he's trying to play through the year without surgery. He made the last punt so I guess he was ok.

IMissJack
11-05-2016, 05:09 PM
I actually thought the crowd was pretty good for a 3-5 record.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Great points, excellent post! Cooke been battling a knee injury all year and he's trying to play through the year without surgery. He made the last punt so I guess he was ok.

I missed that! That's good to hear.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 05:12 PM
I actually thought the crowd was pretty good for a 3-5 record.

It's the smallest crowd I've seen since expansion. I understand the reasons for not going, heck I almost didn't myself. VERY GLAD I DID!

msbulldog
11-05-2016, 05:13 PM
A good win makes us all feel better, thanks for the good post LP.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:14 PM
I missed that! That's good to hear.

Know him and his family. He's a great kid and a good athlete and he's tough as nails. Country boy!

BeardoMSU
11-05-2016, 05:15 PM
First of all, for all of you that didn't go, thousands of you, you missed a heck of a football game.

Hey, my body might've been in Massachusetts today, but my spirit was in Davis Wade.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Hey, my body might've been in Massachusetts today, but my spirit was in Davis Wade.

Wimp.........that's just a short drive.******* The worst part would actually be getting out of Boston. I rented a car up there one time. I won't do it lightly again.

DancingRabbit
11-05-2016, 05:20 PM

Pretty sure Cooke didn't kick that last punt.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 05:23 PM
I forgot one: Mullen post game was talking about "the school up north"" again. THAT is also a good sign!

jbjones
11-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Man, I had a blast. This was one fun game to be at!

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure Cooke didn't kick that last punt.

You could be right, I'm almost sure I heard the announcers say it was Cooke but could be wring

ETA They did say Cooke but it was 23 that punted so I guess Logan still banged up.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I forgot one: Mullen post game was talking about "the school up north"" again. THAT is also a good sign!

That's awesome!

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Good to see you come around Liverpool. While has sucked getting here, people can see why patience with Fitz would eventually payoff. His leadership is growing, his reads are improving. He keeps getting better week to week - just like Relf, just like Dak. Next year he stands a strong chance making a big, big leap. If the old adage about adjusting to the 3-4 takes a whole year - look out, that 3-4 year rebuild so many were predicting ain't going to be needed.

oldwave
11-05-2016, 06:02 PM
All who swore off attending missed a hell of a game and unreal noise by the ones who supported as they should !
Davis Wade was rocking today , HAILSTAE !!

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Disagree with you on one point. You said Aries looked good, not great. I thought he looked great. He ran hard as hell and made a few good blocks when needed.

Cooke walked by when Fitz was being interviewed on tv after game. He was limping noticeably. I was wondering why.

Corn Bread
11-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Fitzgerald, and I will say it again is the 17 real deal. Players celebrated with him and once again- dragged some A&M ass across the goal line. Aries Williams welcome to the stage. Defense, you did what it took to win- great work today. Danno, please keep playing the younger and better talent.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 06:29 PM
All who swore off attending missed a hell of a game and unreal noise by the ones who supported as they should !
Davis Wade was rocking today , HAILSTAE !!

It was, and I bet there weren't really over 45k there. I don't care what they announce as the attendance.

shannondawg
11-05-2016, 06:50 PM
I had suited up and ready to go, my son in law called with an upset stomach and didn't feel he needed to go, I decided didn't want to go by myself, so I stayed home suited up. My outfit is neatly packed away and there will be no further changes this year. I had even found my visor that I bought for our run to # 1 ranking and was wearing it.

I was disappointed that they didn't show the ole missy fans' faces when gaso was leading them 14 3. But I got the game recorded so I can watch the 1st qtr anyway later.

lastmajordog
11-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I disagree. On TV A Train looked like a solid if not great SEC back. Announcers were lavishing praise on his second effort as well as yards after contact. In fact he looked so good I couldn’t help but think if Dan had let him take his lumps in the first 4 games where he would be now in the meat of the schedule. Again even the announcers were repeatedly complimenting him. Good grief, all that young talent.....darn Dan......nevermind..

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Spencer on defense continues to make plays and Mixon is going to be a great one before he leaves MSU.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 09:19 PM
That's awesome!

Ain't it though! Put the dang clock back in the locker room too.

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Man, I had a blast. This was one fun game to be at!

Yes it was. That's the second highest ranked opponent I have ever seen us beat in person. #2 Auburn in '14 was the highest. I COULD have been at the 6-3 game with BAMA in '80. I chose the UM game that year instead. That one was fun too!