Leroy Jenkins
11-05-2016, 04:27 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TJ_WJTV/status/795002647384391684/video/1

MaxedOutMaroon
11-05-2016, 04:30 PM
I like to hear that!

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Dan is showing some signs of growth. He's still young and learning. Hard times can make a man humble and re evaluate where he's at. It strips away arrogance and brashness.

msbulldog
11-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah it does. +1

DogsofAnarchy
11-05-2016, 05:09 PM
More of that is needed to galvanize our fanbase and rebuild ourselves. Do more of that and Dan will have ALL the fans together. Do less and he we will split.

Dan is showing some signs of growth. He's still young and learning. Hard times can make a man humble and re evaluate where he's at. It strips away arrogance and brashness.

MetEdDawg
11-05-2016, 05:11 PM

Was about to say the same. Think during that moment he had to take a hard look at himself and see what all this truly means.

Some of us forget Mullen isn't a finished product. He's a first time HC and was tasked with building from the ground up and SEC program when he was at the age of 37. That's a tough ask. He's still got growth left and my hope is that this year pulls it all together for him and he reaffirms his commitment 100%.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:16 PM
More of that is needed to galvanize our fanbase and rebuild ourselves. Do more of that and Dan will have ALL the fans together. Do less and he we will split.

Absolutely 100% right!

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Was about to say the same. Think during that moment he had to take a hard look at himself and see what all this truly means.

Some of us forget Mullen isn't a finished product. He's a first time HC and was tasked with building from the ground up and SEC program when he was at the age of 37. That's a tough ask. He's still got growth left and my hope is that this year pulls it all together for him and he reaffirms his commitment 100%.

Great post!

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Bump. An awesome response to the question by Dan.

confucius say
11-05-2016, 06:19 PM
If only some/most of our fans were capable of the same self evaluation and insight. Guess that's why fan is short for fanatic.

MarketingBully
11-05-2016, 06:19 PM
He showed today that he loves it here at MSU. Loved seeing the fiery Dan again. If our kids play hard the rest of the season and continue to grow as a team, that's all we could ask from Dan. Maybe hiring Cohen at AD has had a positive impact on Mullen. That is my hope any way.

MarketingBully
11-05-2016, 06:22 PM
If only some/most of our fans were capable of the same self evaluation and insight. Guess that's why fan is short for fanatic.

I'll say this. I hope this win starts to change the negativity of the MSU boards. Man, it's been shit since we lost to South Alabama. Will be great to getting back to great discussions and some debates that this board has been great for. After all, we are all diehard MSU fans.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Gosh. I wish there was a way that every MSU fan could see that. Please spread that around social media if you know how. My old ass is computer challenged or I would.

Spiderman
11-05-2016, 06:29 PM
I want one of those visors

Jack Lambert
11-05-2016, 06:30 PM
He fired up the crowd when he threw his head set down and got the penalty. Fired his team up too. Those refs suck. Also how do you forget what down it is? Dumb asses.

Dolphus Raymond
11-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I am now very optimistic going forward. Fitz is slowly emerging as a quality QB, the team, despite adversity, has not quit and DM is finding his fire again. The fact that this team did not quit speaks volumes of our players and coaches. Finish strong, pull in a quality recruiting class, and good things are going to happen.

Leroy Jenkins
11-05-2016, 09:11 PM
I want one of those visors

Me too.

RougeDawg
11-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Good and great players make good and great coaches. Playing the best players and giving your team the best opportunity to be successful usually result in more success in the long haul. Maybe he has had to learn this lesson the hard way (2016 season) but for some odd reason these last two weeks, talent has trumped experience with our players actually getting PT.

For those who have forgotten, were it not for injuries in 2013 at key positions, we would most likely have not gone bowling that year and seen Dak or JRob until 2014. And 2014 would have more resembled this year than the run to #1. Point is, you have to play the best guys. It not only helps you win now, is maximizes the ceiling of success in the future.

Hopefully he has realized this and time will tell.

Goldendawg
11-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Will still be interesting to see who starts at RB next game. Of course you can still start a Sr with a carry up the middle and then still let Williams have 25 carriers again. Fournett has 34 yds on 17 carries right now, might not manner, but that's why you play the game. Hail State!

TimberBeast
11-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Nope. You simply don't do what he did with fitz / d Williams in USA game, and Holloway vs Aries all damn season until Holloway finally gets hurt. Nothing about the beginning of this season makes me believe he gave two shits about what was best for State. Now he's just doing what's best for dan. I wish I could believe it but seen too much already.

Thick
11-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Nope. You simply don't do what he did with fitz / d Williams in USA game, and Holloway vs Aries all damn season until Holloway finally gets hurt. Nothing about the beginning of this season makes me believe he gave two shits about what was best for State. Now he's just doing what's best for dan. I wish I could believe it but seen too much already.

Totally agree 100%. Less we not forget what he's done the last 2 years shopping his name around, and then hired Sexton in the spring. He's just now realizing that he ****ed himself, and he's being called on it. Don't think for 1 minute that our new AD and Keenum aren't analyzing these last 3 games with a microscope. Dan knows his ass is one really bad ass kicking away from being on the surface of the sun.

Everybody's happy with today's win, but that doesn't cure the shitty player personnel decisions, the INEXCUSABLE losses to inferior opponents, and the absolute terrible attitude in post game pressers. I guarantee every one of you that Jimmy told Dan if you want to leave, then you have to finish strong and your attitude toward the program, the team, and MSU has to be super positive. These next 3 games will tell the tale.

tireddawg
11-06-2016, 01:03 AM
I would really like to know if the majority of our fans believe this or not.

JohnnyQuid
11-06-2016, 03:17 AM
I really never thought Dan didn't care about winning. seems illogical when you think about how much is put into being a sec HC by any of them. it's just an easy narrative to push. but it's always good to reaffirm your fans of your level of dedication

lastmajordog
11-06-2016, 04:53 AM
I thought on his post game radio interview his remarks about giving thanks to the Military .....for allowing him....and everyone else the ability and freedom to do and enjoy all that is college football.....well it was very impressive.

1bigdawg
11-06-2016, 06:32 AM
Less we not forget what he's done the last 2 years shopping his name around, and then hired Sexton in the spring.

Dan's previous manager hurt Dan and MSU. There is a right way to look around. When a Sexton client looks around the first you usually hear of it is when they get the new job or get a big raise after being "offered" another job. I am not happy with the season and definitely want to see some changes, but I am glad that Dan hired Sexton.

shoeless joe
11-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Totally agree 100%. Less we not forget what he's done the last 2 years shopping his name around, and then hired Sexton in the spring. He's just now realizing that he ****ed himself, and he's being called on it. Don't think for 1 minute that our new AD and Keenum aren't analyzing these last 3 games with a microscope. Dan knows his ass is one really bad ass kicking away from being on the surface of the sun.

Everybody's happy with today's win, but that doesn't cure the shitty player personnel decisions, the INEXCUSABLE losses to inferior opponents, and the absolute terrible attitude in post game pressers. I guarantee every one of you that Jimmy told Dan if you want to leave, then you have to finish strong and your attitude toward the program, the team, and MSU has to be super positive. These next 3 games will tell the tale.

Yep I'm leaning this direction too. It benefits him no matter what to say what he said. But he's either a great actor or there was some truth behind those words. Time will tell.

TrapGame
11-06-2016, 09:01 AM
He was not an arrogant asshole in this post presser. He sounded very sincere and it looked like he was fighting back some emotions. This is the Dan Mullen I want to pull for and get behind.

msbulldog
11-06-2016, 09:09 AM
He was not an arrogant asshole in this post presser. He sounded very sincere and it looked like he was fighting back some emotions. This is the Dan Mullen I want to pull for and get behind.

Agree, that's who I want for our coach. Rep given

dawgday166
11-06-2016, 09:22 AM

I agree with this. But I also tend to think like Thick is thinking. Time will indeed tell.

smootness
11-06-2016, 10:53 AM
It's certainly a good answer, but did anyone doubt that's how he felt?

Red Sox Dawg
11-06-2016, 11:06 AM
It's certainly a good answer, but did anyone doubt that's how he felt?

I don't doubt it. I think Dan is Ok at State, but if he does want to leave he has the agent to get that done. I think his emotions are real, and he is uber competitive. I think he just had a raw team with little game experience that weren't executing, and he got really frustrated. They finally got in a position to win and they did. They needed to grow up and yesterday they started.

FISHDAWG
11-06-2016, 01:36 PM

rep points awarded

FISHDAWG
11-06-2016, 01:41 PM
I am now very optimistic going forward. Fitz is slowly emerging as a quality QB, the team, despite adversity, has not quit and DM is finding his fire again. The fact that this team did not quit speaks volumes of our players and coaches. Finish strong, pull in a quality recruiting class, and good things are going to happen.

We finally put a 140 yd rushing RB with him and beat the #4 team in the country ... this could be a pretty good tag team