PDA

View Full Version : Fitz isn't the answer, we have no RBs...

Turfdawg67
11-05-2016, 04:04 PM
.... Y'all (and you know who you are) should take a self imposed gametime posting ban.

defiantdog
11-05-2016, 04:07 PM
We have running backs..... we just always seem to run a 150 pounder up the middle every time.

BulldogBear
11-05-2016, 04:11 PM
We have running backs..... we just always seem to run a 150 pounder up the middle every time.

I hope Dan was paying attention today. I still say we should be thankful (in a way) that Holloway wasn't 100%. He plays hard and had a good play today but if he gets 15 touches (on the ground) there's no way we would've won today.

Turfdawg67
11-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I hope Dan was paying attention today. I still say we should be thankful (in a way) that Holloway wasn't 100%. He plays hard and had a good play today but if he gets 15 touches (on the ground) there's no way we would've won today.

Oh, my thoughts exactly! But a couple games ago Banker, Shotgun and quite a lot of other fans were ready to give up on Williams and Lee. Gotta have blocking... and today they got it and Williams showed why he was considered (and is) an elite back!

Intramural All-American
11-05-2016, 09:57 PM
.... Y'all (and you know who you are) should take a self imposed gametime posting ban.

Fitz has some major liabilities, but if he plays in the correct offense (what we ran today), he can be very effective. He still makes bone-headed decisions, but those should improve with experience. He will never be a QB that picks a team apart through the air, but if the run game is effective, the play action can be very good for him because he does have a cannon. You just CANNOT throw 2 picks in the red zone like he did. I've been pretty adamant that he's not the future, but from what I've seen the past two weeks, he has started to make me more hopeful.

Fact of the matter is, we are a run first team based on our personnel. That's our identity. If we stick to that, we can be a competitive football team.

tcdog70
11-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Fitz has some major liabilities, but if he plays in the correct offense (what we ran today), he can be very effective. He still makes bone-headed decisions, but those should improve with experience. He will never be a QB that picks a team apart through the air, but if the run game is effective, the play action can be very good for him because he does have a cannon. You just CANNOT throw 2 picks in the red zone like he did. I've been pretty adamant that he's not the future, but from what I've seen the past two weeks, he has started to make me more hopeful.

Fact of the matter is, we are a run first team based on our personnel. That's our identity. If we stick to that, we can be a competitive football team.

I put most of the blame on play calling for the two ints. Don't put Him in that place. We have safer passes. But look the last two games He is in the record books with Archie, Johnny Football and Scam Newton, just Damn, give Him His due.

Intramural All-American
11-05-2016, 10:33 PM
I put most of the blame on play calling for the two ints. Don't put Him in that place. We have safer passes. But look the last two games He is in the record books with Archie, Johnny Football and Scam Newton, just Damn, give Him His due.

You just can't put every negative thing on coaching. Players deserve blame sometimes. While I agree that we should have stuck with running instead of throwing on the first pick, Fitz is the one who threw into double coverage. Just throw it away there. On the second, the play was there to be made, but he underthrew it to an open guy. The only place you can miss on that type of play is overthrowing out of the end zone.

Look, he has made some fantastic plays not just these past two games, but all season. He gives 100% every time he's out there and I respect that completely. He has carried us the past two weeks, but I'm not gonna sit here and crown the guy when there are still obviously some deficiencies. I'd love for him to continue to get better and he has definitely shown improvement in recent weeks. The read option has been much, much better the past few weeks, and that's credit to him for making the right reads.

Turfdawg67
11-05-2016, 10:39 PM
You just can't put every negative thing on coaching. Players deserve blame sometimes. While I agree that we should have stuck with running instead of throwing on the first pick, Fitz is the one who threw into double coverage. Just throw it away there. On the second, the play was there to be made, but he underthrew it to an open guy. The only place you can miss on that type of play is overthrowing out of the end zone.

Look, he has made some fantastic plays not just these past two games, but all season. He gives 100% every time he's out there and I respect that completely. He has carried us the past two weeks, but I'm not gonna sit here and crown the guy when there are still obviously some deficiencies. I'd love for him to continue to get better and he has definitely shown improvement in recent weeks. The read option has been much, much better the past few weeks, and that's credit to him for making the right reads.

Yep... Dammit hard-headed Dan for taking 8 games before utilizing our freaking strengths... And players!

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 10:40 PM
He will never be a QB that picks a team apart through the air, but if the run game is effective, the play action can be very good for him because he does have a cannon. .

I'm just wondering how you know this? He may or may not, but I don't know and neither do you. This Fitz bashing on this board is getting old.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 10:44 PM

I agree 100%

Dawg61
11-05-2016, 10:44 PM
When we can run Fitz looks very good problem for him is when we can't run and we have to rely on Fitz making decisions in the passing game he looks very bad. His success is completely dependent on if we can run. You'll see the very bad version of Fitz vs Bama this year but he should have success again vs Pig and Old Misses.

TimberBeast
11-05-2016, 10:57 PM
When we can run Fitz looks very good problem for him is when we can't run and we have to rely on Fitz making decisions in the passing game he looks very bad. His success is completely dependent on if we can run. You'll see the very bad version of Fitz vs Bama this year but he should have success again vs Pig and Old Misses.

You probably should stay out of any football related discussions after you showed how dumb you are last week. Go think about d Williams and art briles for a while.

Dawg61
11-05-2016, 11:42 PM
You probably should stay out of any football related discussions after you showed how dumb you are last week. Go think about d Williams and art briles for a while.

Williams? wtf are you talking about? Didn't Baylor just protest in all black uniforms for Briles today? Drunk all the time is no way to go through life

fishwater99
11-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Fitz is ahead of where Dak was as a Sophmore.
He is faster, stronger, and throws a better deep ball.
Give him a full offseason as the starter and I think you will be surprised at his progress.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Fitz is ahead of where Dak was as a Sophmore.
He is faster, stronger, and throws a better deep ball.
Give him a full offseason as the starter and I think you will be surprised at his progress.

Great Post!!! I really think he won the offense over last week in the Samford game and all that carried over through practice, this past week, and then on to the TAMU win.

Coach007
11-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Sweet Jesus!! What am I reading? For a minute, I thought I was reading about dak and how he isn't a passer.

Look, we have a great QB coach. He transformed Dak, an he will transform Fitz. Just enjoy a great win for once!

GTHOM
11-06-2016, 02:28 AM

Fitz's mistakes are all fixable and will be fixed with experience. He will learn where to go with the ball, he will learn where to go when hes under pressure and will get better at reading his progressions. He should have never been put in a position to have to do that a lot this year. He is getting better. Fitz has something that cant be taught or even gained and that is natural God given talent. Probably one of the most talented QB's State has ever had. He has also won the team over and is becoming a better leader. Not saying you are anti Fitz but all the anti fitz talk can stop now. Hes the guy till he leaves here

GTHOM
11-06-2016, 02:30 AM

Youre going to see a bad version of every QB vs Bama.