PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Dan and Sirmon

preachermatt83
11-05-2016, 03:07 PM
We give them crap for screw ups. They deserve praise today. Very good game plan on both sides of the ball.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Made some great adjustments this week! Great job!

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Sirmon defense looked different today. Looks like Dan either got less involved or more involved on the defense.

preachermatt83
11-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Sirmon defense looked different today. Looks like Dan either got less involved or more involved on the defense.

We played press coverage.

Coursesuper
11-05-2016, 03:11 PM
We give them crap for screw ups. They deserve praise today. Very good game plan on both sides of the ball.

The defense was very different today, significantly more aggressive, LB attacked the run, pressed with the corners much more. Not nearly as much cover 4, a good bit of combo coverage from the Defense backfield. Didn't see much of 88 or 1.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 03:14 PM
The defense was very different today, significantly more aggressive, LB attacked the run, pressed with the corners much more. Not nearly as much cover 4, a good bit of combo coverage from the Defense backfield. Didn't see much of 88 or 1.

You nailed it! And we played more press on the obvious passing downs than anytime I remember.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Also noticed we had a lot more motion on the D Line. We attacked rather than read react.

TNDawg35
11-05-2016, 03:15 PM
I liked the more pressure on 3rd Downs also. There were still a couple where we needed more. We also need to teach our DB's how to find the football. There were 2 or 3 picks we let them make the catch on that if we would have turned our heads and found the ball, we would have had easy picks. Including on the 4th and 2 where they scored. Overall tho, VERY GOOD GAME BY THE D!!! Oh and Simmons is a 17in BEAST!!!

msbulldog
11-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Finally sat Bryant's butt on the bench, I hope he gets the message that taking plays off is not acceptable.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I agree a great all around Coach and Team Win! Hailstate!

mcain31
11-05-2016, 04:29 PM
http://youtu.be/t1KnTqbMFlQ

somebodyshotmypaw
11-05-2016, 04:35 PM
No scheme works when guys don't hustle and play hard.

Any scheme has a chance when you have at least average talent that will lay it all on the line for you every play.

The scheme might have been better today, but the effort was the big improvement. That made the most difference.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 04:40 PM

My guess would be less involved.

bulldawg28
11-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Finally sat Bryant's butt on the bench, I hope he gets the message that taking plays off is not acceptable.

I wouldn't give him a chance to prove it until the spring.

Coursesuper
11-05-2016, 04:46 PM
No scheme works when guys don't hustle and play hard.

Any scheme has a chance when you have at least average talent that will lay it all on the line for you every play.

The scheme might have been better today, but the effort was the big improvement. That made the most difference.

The effort was much better, but that defense was called completely differently today. Attacking the run at LB not sitting back, twists up front, man over, and rushing 4 or more in passing situations. Very different.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2016, 05:41 PM
The effort was much better, but that defense was called completely differently today. Attacking the run at LB not sitting back, twists up front, man over, and rushing 4 or more in passing situations. Very different.

May be because Sirmon actually made the calls today.

Op4isabitch
11-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Interesting, CoachbDan said BJ called over half of the offensive plays today.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:56 PM

It was absolutely different today. Different than I've seen all year. The whole team from offense, special teams and especially defense was totally different. Our Coach is growing and evolving

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 05:59 PM

Course could you tell how confused am qbs looked in passing situations. We played so much press and combo coverages today that I don't think they had seen on film and didn't know where to go with the ball. I thought I even saw a cover 0 look a couple times. It was refreshing !