PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dan Mullen

Political Hack
11-05-2016, 12:17 PM
I am sorry. I was wrong. You can turn it around.

In Dan we trust.

mcain31
11-05-2016, 12:21 PM
It must be the black uniforms!

Political Hack
11-05-2016, 03:41 PM
It must be the black uniforms!

I blame John Cohen.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Heckuva adjustments made by our staff this week. And the had the players ready to go and believing. Proud of fighting through the adversity!

HailState!

Political Hack
11-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Agree totally. I didn't think the locker room could get turned around. I'm incredibly impressed. I also loved seeing Dan's fire on the penalty. Have to love that fight considering where we are.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Penalties generally suck but that one by Dan was a good one! I applaud him for that one! Even threw his visor!

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Cubs beat the billy goat curse this week and we put to bed the curse of black unis and 1100 kickoffs lol

BulldogBear
11-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Agree totally. I didn't think the locker room could get turned around. I'm incredibly impressed. I also loved seeing Dan's fire on the penalty. Have to love that fight considering where we are.

Dan got my attention on that one as well.

RocketDawg
11-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Penalties generally suck but that one by Dan was a good one! I applaud him for that one! Even threw his visor!

Yeah, made me think of Spurrier. Has Dan ever gotten a penalty before? Cohen was probably proud of him.

BulldogBear
11-05-2016, 04:12 PM

He threw the headset. It was great.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Never been so proud of a coach for getting a penalty! Like a baseball manager getting ejected for standing up for his players

ScoobaDawg
11-07-2016, 12:33 AM
This deserves to be bumped. for so many of use were riding out the season and gave no chance. Whatever changed. We were back... to that team that believed and had the fire. What Mullen builds on.
If it was Dan backing off on the coaches then I'll take it...

We still have a lot to address in the offseason no matter what. But that was a great game and badly needed.

msbulldog
11-07-2016, 07:25 AM
Great Game, time to bring the egg back to Starkville!

Dawgology
11-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Yeah, made me think of Spurrier. Has Dan ever gotten a penalty before? Cohen was probably proud of him.

I'm beginning to think this AD change agrees with Mullen. Could Strick have been tamping his spirit a bit? I don't know...just an odd coincidence/timing I guess.

Dawgology
11-07-2016, 09:13 AM
He threw the headset. It was great.

He really needs to get a person designated for picking up the visor and headsets if he continues with this attitude (which I'm all for).

sleepy dawg
11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
I'm excited too, but pump the brakes a little. Y'all are so knee jerk about everything. If you still feel like this after the bama beating this week, then I'll take it back, but I'm betting everyone is back in to frenzy mode after we get walloped by them.

thf24
11-07-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm excited too, but pump the brakes a little. Y'all are so knee jerk about everything. If you still feel like this after the bama beating this week, then I'll take it back, but I'm betting everyone is back in to frenzy mode after we get walloped by them.

Unless we just flat walk off the field before the game is over, anyone who gets upset about losing to Bama this year is a complete moron. If we revert to early season and fold up against Upig, then we can get mad again.

PassInterference
11-07-2016, 09:56 AM
I am sorry. I was wrong. You can turn it around.

In Dan we trust.

Honestly, I'm with you and I wondered who else felt the same way.

He still needs to fix some recruiting dead weight on staff. And the rotating door at DC still concerns me.

I'd REALLY like to know more about the barely-mentioned news that Dan let his DC and QB coach play a bigger gameday role. I don't know to what extent micromanagement has been an issue with Dan. I just know a Head Coach needs to be somewhat of a CEO instead of a continuously hands-on guy. Hopefully Dan has figured that out.

WOW what a weekend. Its still soaking in. THIS is the big signature win that we've wanted for so long. We stepped on the field against a better team, punched them in the mouth, played with swagger, kept our chin up when mistakes happened, and got a huge W.

Hail yes. Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 10:02 AM

There are times to get one of those. That was one of those times. I can't believe the refs missed that call, and that block was what sprung the guy. I watched the game on TV for the first time last night. Even the TV guys were incredulous.

sleepy dawg
11-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Unless we just flat walk off the field before the game is over, anyone who gets upset about losing to Bama this year is a complete moron. If we revert to early season and fold up against Upig, then we can get mad again.

We shall see.

bobcat91
11-07-2016, 11:36 AM
I really liked seeing pissed off Yankee asshole Dan back on the sidelines: he was sorely missed. I think we were wondering if the fire was gone and it looks like he got it back. That bodes well for us. We were intense and the staff was really on top of their game. I saw players playing with heart and if that continues, I can accept whatever results we get. I just cant stand going through the motions and I saw a lot of that this year. We need to pack the stadium for Arkansas and go for the throat on a wounded Rebel team.

Todd4State
11-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Dan needed an upset win and he needs to win the Egg Bowl at a minimum for me to want him to stay. Decent chance that happens as he has the upset win. He needs to keep playing the best players and stop micromanaging as well for me to be on his side. It looks like he may have adjusted but we will see. Odds are good that he has. I still want Hevesy, Knox, and Sallach gone in the offseason.

This weekend is inconsequential to me. We're not supposed to win and it's on the road. They've kicked a lot of teams asses. I won't be happy about losing but I'm not going to fly off the handle about losing to the number one team on the road when we have a 5-6 win team.

I don't think Cohen had some threatening talk with Dan but I do think that Scott was soft when it came to our coaches and Cohen's well known competitiveness may have had an impact without a talk occuring.

gtowndawg
11-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Dan needed an upset win and he needs to win the Egg Bowl at a minimum for me to want him to stay. Decent chance that happens as he has the upset win. He needs to keep playing the best players and stop micromanaging as well for me to be on his side. It looks like he may have adjusted but we will see. Odds are good that he has. I still want Hevesy, Knox, and Sallach gone in the offseason.

This weekend is inconsequential to me. We're not supposed to win and it's on the road. They've kicked a lot of teams asses. I won't be happy about losing but I'm not going to fly off the handle about losing to the number one team on the road when we have a 5-6 win team.

I don't think Cohen had some threatening talk with Dan but I do think that Scott was soft when it came to our coaches and Cohen's well known competitiveness may have had an impact without a talk occuring.

Same here. I've been hard on Dan, but Saturday was much better. We need to beat Ole Miss AND we still have to make changes with Hevesy and Sallach at the least. We have to upgrade those coaching spots. If we do that, I'm optimistic again about the future. And yes, the Alabama game has no bearing on any of this.

Jack Lambert
11-07-2016, 12:02 PM

Bama is a side note for us right now. This season is all about Ark and Ole Miss.

sleepy dawg
11-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Bama is a side note for us right now. This season is all about Ark and Ole Miss.

That's how I feel too... I've just been around too long now to know that people are going to freak out when Alabama beats us by 30+. I hope I'm wrong and our fans have learned how to not completely overreact about everything b/c it was quite obvious last week we're still a bunch of over-reactors.

Percho
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

How awesome would it be, to somehow, walk out there with a win?

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 12:47 PM
How awesome would it be, to somehow, walk out there with a win?

I was thinking the same thing! We have absolutely nothing to lose going in. Kids should play loose and have fun which we haven't always done against Bama. No I don't think we win, I'm not crazy but it's why you play the games. And We don't need anyone getting hurt.

PassInterference
11-07-2016, 12:54 PM
If we lose to Bama by a missed 26 yard FG, I'm deleting my account.

gtowndawg
11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
If we lose to Bama by a missed 26 yard FG, I'm deleting my account.

Lol. That would be the most Mstate thing of all time.