PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm a homer

msstate7
09-01-2013, 10:52 AM
But I think we turn it around. This offense will be much better the next 3 weeks against 3 really poor defenses. I think we win all 3.

What's got me excited is the defense though. One play out of an unknown formation beat us. Oklahoma state could be the best offense we play all year and we held them in check pretty much. We'll get better and better defensively. If quay and/or nick get it together, we could be dominate defensively.

I predict 5 out of our next 6 games to be wins.

Gordon Gekko
09-01-2013, 10:55 AM
We can definitely improve and be a very good team with a better offensive game plan. We weren't out talented yesterday, we were out coached and out schemed.

The seasone's success or failure will be our coach's willingness to adjust.

SignalToNoise
09-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I thought OK State was supposed to be a really poor defense? We made them look like the '85 Bears

msstate7
09-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I thought OK State was supposed to be a really poor defense? We made them look like the '85 Bears

After watching auburn play last night, Oklahoma st is much better defensively.

thf24
09-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I think it'll get better too (better, not necessarily good) even if huge changes aren't made. This isn't exactly positive, but since when has our offense clicked in the first game under Mullen? What we saw yesterday would have scored 50 against Memphis or JSU. The long runs by Perkins, pass down the sideline to MJ, and kickoff return by Lewis would all have been touchdowns against the kind of teams we usually play on opening day. Our offense has tripped over itself and racked up penalties in every opener for as long as I can remember in my relatively short time as a dawg. The problem is we played a team that could make us pay for it yesterday. That was my first worry when I heard the game had been scheduled.

However, as I said, I expect it to get better but not by a lot if changes aren't made. As of yesterday, I've switched over to team Dak.

MarketingBully01
09-01-2013, 11:05 AM
OSU has a good defense. They are big up front and got a more aggressive scheme when they replaced coordinators. With that said if we had utilized our passing attack, I think we could have won the game yesterday.

corona con lima
09-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Our first team offense could not score on OSU's second team defense in the 4th quarter. Gonna be a long year if dramatic changes are not made.

EnterpriseDawg
09-01-2013, 11:45 AM
I think when they loaded the box and dared Tyler to make throws quick is when it went south.

RougeDawg
09-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I think when they loaded the box and dared Tyler to make throws quick is when it went south.

Every game we lost last year, this is what defenses did. Like I've been saying for 2 years now, Tyler plays a real game like he's playing a 7 on 7 no contact drill. Stands like the statue of David, waiting for the "perfect" open target, then takes too long to release ball. All of these attributes are the reason our offense has looked like it has. Plus defenses know that Tyler barely runs so its basically 11-10 when he's in the game.

Just pitiful. How is it that anybody watching yesterday's game cannot see that the QB change should be made? I saw it last year.

SignalToNoise
09-01-2013, 02:27 PM
After watching auburn play last night, Oklahoma st is much better defensively.

I agree and I think ok state's defense is a lot better than we thought it would be. Still, we have problems on the offensive side of the ball that all seem to be rooted in philosophy.