PDA

View Full Version : Some are not happy, unless

Bodaski
11-04-2016, 02:43 PM
They throw a turd in the punch bowl. Damdedist thing I've ever seen. No one person knows for a fact whether these hires will be successful or not. If you do know for a fact, please explain how you've figured this out,

Saltydog
11-04-2016, 02:54 PM
NT

yjnkdawg
11-04-2016, 03:08 PM
They throw a turd in the punch bowl. Damdedist thing I've ever seen. No one person knows for a fact whether these hires will be successful or not. If you do know for a fact, please explain how you've figured this out,

One of the better and more accurate posts concerning this situation. How does anybody have a crystal ball to evaluate a person's upcoming perfomane on a specific job, before said person has actually begun that job?

MadDawg
11-04-2016, 03:19 PM
How does anybody have a crystal ball to evaluate a person's upcoming perfomane on a specific job, before said person has actually begun that job?

Usually people rely on the success or failure said person has had in that position before to base opinions. Unfortunately, there is no experience or track record to pull from for either of these hires. Therefore, wild speculation ensues. Certainly I'm not the only one who can see that. And I'm not making any claims to know how this will turn out.

West Houston Dog
11-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes I was hoping for a homerun outsider to be hired.

We werent in on the interviews as the president was.

John does know the inner workings of MSU and already knows the people. And hopefully knows what needs to be supported and changed in the program beyond baseball. We know he has MSU in his blood and it is not just the next stop for the resume.

So he now is AD and time to come together and support him.

Now John...about our OL coach and DC...........

Bodaski
11-04-2016, 03:26 PM
NT

Don't pump sunshine, but I don't predict a hailstorm during sunny skies either! I like to wait and see what the weather actually does.

Taog Redloh
11-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Usually people rely on the success or failure said person has had in that position before to base opinions. Unfortunately, there is no experience or track record to pull from for either of these hires. Therefore, wild speculation ensues. Certainly I'm not the only one who can see that. And I'm not making any claims to know how this will turn out.

What is your opinion on both situations? We usually somewhat agree on things so just curious what you think.

maroonmania
11-04-2016, 04:00 PM

Exactly, while not every hire is going to give you the background credentials and success of a Ben Howland, it would still be nice to see that a coach or AD you are hiring has been successful at the job you are bringing him in for somewhere else even if it was on a smaller stage. We aren't getting any of that with either of these 2 hires as one has no real athletic administration experience and one has only been a college assistant in his sport for 2 years. This may all work out great and if it does THEN I will praise these decisions but right now the people that don't seem to understand why these hires don't have a lot of MSU folks jumping for joy are just being thickheaded.

msstate7
11-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Bryne -- current Arizona AD
SS -- current Florida AD

Perhaps we know what we're doing when it comes to hiring an AD

mparkerfd20
11-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Now that reality has set in I'm not all doom and gloom. I'm cautiously very optimistic. I do believe Cannizarro can be an awesome coach and we will be ecstatic we got him in a few years. He has a great mentor on campus and some veteran leadership and coaches on staff to help this year. He just as easily could fly flat and be gone in 2-3 years. Cohen will probably still meddle and not allow him to fall too far before being shown the door. Cohen does have a no nonsense approach to how he handles things, but lacks experience as an AD. I think he could be just what we need with the right people surrounding him. I have no doubt he'll relentlessly seek out people that fit that mold. So we are where we are and there is no need to just be negative for the sake of being negative until we have a track record to go on. So Go Cohen, go Cannizarro and HAIL F'ING STATE!!

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Bryne -- current Arizona AD
SS -- current Florida AD

Perhaps we know what we're doing when it comes to hiring an AD

Don't confuse them with facts.