PDA

View Full Version : Keenum calling out CL again

confucius say
11-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Over the fact that there was a national search process "regardless of what you might have heard in the media."

Sorry no link. Presser is on watch espn

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2016, 01:08 PM
I think Keenum may hate the CL as much as most of us do.

scottycameron
11-04-2016, 01:16 PM
This is embarrassing. Bringing it up by our end is just stupid. Let that sleeping dog lie. The thats my story and I'm sticking to it line is silly at this point.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Good for him! I'm not so much pissed at Bonner for possibly screwing up the AD hire, but more possibly screwing us over with the baseball hire. Everyone knows this is the worst time of year to be hiring a HC, so we had to be somewhat stealthy in our search for Cohen's replacement.

Political Hack
11-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Hell yes. Screw thay rag. Maybe our administration has learned that they're a wolf in sheep's clothing. They're nice to our fave, but they have an agenda that hurts our university. It's time to shut down access to them.

thf24
11-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Anyone who thinks Keenum calling out the CL was a bad look on our part, at the time, now in hindsight, or anywhere in between, is part of the loser attitude a large portion of our fan base has and desperately needs to get over.

confucius say
11-04-2016, 01:24 PM
This is embarrassing. Bringing it up by our end is just stupid. Let that sleeping dog lie. The thats my story and I'm sticking to it line is silly at this point.

Except he's right. The search had not "concluded," as Bonner put it, three weeks ago. Unless you believe keenum is lying about the "several" interviews he conducted over the last three weeks.
Because Bonner was right that Cohen was hired does not mean he was right that the search was over, which is the only point keenum took exception with.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Anyone who thinks Keenum calling out the CL was a bad look on our part, at the time, now in hindsight, or anywhere in between, is part of the loser attitude a large portion of our fan base has and desperately needs to get over.

THIS 100 times over!!!!

Political Hack
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Except he's right. The search had not "concluded," as Bonner put it, three weeks ago. Unless you believe keenum is lying about the "several" interviews he conducted over the last three weeks.
Because Bonner was right that Cohen was hired does not mean he was right that the search was over, which is the only point keenum took exception with.

"Cohen leading candidate to be AD at MSU" wouldve been accurate.

confucius say
11-04-2016, 01:34 PM

Exactly. And Bonner wrote that article too. Twice. And nobody took exception with it.

WE DON"T LINK CL pages. This is YOUR WARNING.
-Scooba

Pinto
11-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Keenum just made himself a target in the media. If he had stayed and answered questions, then yes those lines are fine. He just looks like the school dork who shoot off at a bully and now is running home.
It's one thing to take a shot. It's another to take a shot and dare them to come at you with questions. Keenum has again messed up a situation with the media over being butt hurt. MSU deserves a better leader or at least a media savvy one. Sid Salter needs the door as well.

Lastly the Good old Boy system is back and stronger than ever at MSU. When you give Holliman and LT props, it is time to find another Doc Foglesong.

The Cubs go forward 108 years and MSU goes back 30. Where's our Theo?

smootness
11-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Keenum just made himself a target in the media. If he had stayed and answered questions, then yes those lines are fine. He just looks like the school dork who shoot off at a bully and now is running home.
It's one thing to take a shot. It's another to take a shot and dare them to come at you with questions. Keenum has again messed up a situation with the media over being butt hurt. MSU deserves a better leader or at least a media savvy one. Sid Salter needs the door as well.

Lastly the Good old Boy system is back and stronger than ever at MSU. When you give Holliman and LT props, it is time to find another Doc Foglesong.

This whole thing is one of the weirdest reactions I've ever seen. Keenum is doing exactly what State fans have wanted for years, and now we're pissed about it?

He already gave the answers to any possible questions about it. 'You said the search was not finished, what did you mean by that?' 'We were still conducting interviews. We conducted several over the last few weeks.' 'Ok, well I guess that about covers it.'

DogsofAnarchy
11-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Finally, a person on here who understands politics. This just set us back 30 years. If Dan doesn't find the door for himself, we will never be rid of he and Hevesy now. Plus the new hire (if one comes) will be less than spectacular. This whole episode is like the keystone cops. A damn joke. We just gave a top 3 baseball program in the nation to a guy with 2 years experience in college. Ohhhhh well!! We will see. Lol

Coursesuper
11-04-2016, 02:02 PM

Id10t card earned.

thf24
11-04-2016, 02:06 PM
The real head-scratcher here is why didn't Keenum hire one of you guys who already know exactly how this is going to go from hour 0. We could have had foresight never before seen in the sports world at the head of our athletic program. Tragic missed opportunity.

smootness
11-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Finally, a person on here who understands politics. This just set us back 30 years. If Dan doesn't find the door for himself, we will never be rid of he and Hevesy now. Plus the new hire (if one comes) will be less than spectacular. This whole episode is like the keystone cops. A damn joke. We just gave a top 3 baseball program in the nation to a guy with 2 years experience in college. Ohhhhh well!! We will see. Lol

What are you talking about? You quoted his post, which was about Keenum's calling out of the CL, and then proceeded to talk about Cannizaro being a bad hire.

I would love to see the rationale behind this setting us back 30 years, though. That should be fun.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2016, 02:07 PM
This whole thing is one of the weirdest reactions I've ever seen. Keenum is doing exactly what State fans have wanted for years, and now we're pissed about it?

He already gave the answers to any possible questions about it. 'You said the search was not finished, what did you mean by that?' 'We were still conducting interviews. We conducted several over the last few weeks.' 'Ok, well I guess that about covers it.'

THIS^^^^^^

scottycameron
11-04-2016, 02:23 PM

How would that be accurate? That wasn't what he was told.

Pinto
Reading comprehension is lacking on this board.

Keenum may be standing up, but why run from questions? That's weak and just opens yourself for more media attacks.its all in how you deliver, control, and reinforce the message.

LC Dawg

Exactly. How many threads are there calling for our administration to quit taking shit from the CL? Maybe Keenum didn't handle it properly, although I think he did, but he let the CL know we are not taking shit from them anymore. I don't understand what the problem is. Other than a few dimwitted reporters and Ole Miss fans making snide comments on Twitter what else can happen? The CL has never done us any favors so who cares if they got their feelings hurt. I guess we should apologize and create a safe place for them at our press conferences.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Where's I seen it? **** the cl

yjnkdawg
11-04-2016, 02:32 PM

Oh no!!! We have gone back 30 years!!!!! Oh, wait! This is just your opinion, right? So the sky isn't actually falling on MSU Athletics.

yjnkdawg
11-04-2016, 02:37 PM

If you would start these comments off with "In my opinion", it would be so much more accurate.

AusTexDawg
11-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Finally, a person on here who understands politics...This whole episode is like the keystone cops. A damn joke. We just gave a top 3 baseball program in the nation to a guy with 2 years experience in college...

I don't want to wade into the Keenum discussion, and I share your concerns about Cannizaro's experience. Nevertheless, I have to question calling MSU one of the 3 best baseball programs in the nation, either historically or at this moment in time. Definitely, we're in the top 3 of programs without a national championship (along with FSU). I'd agree with top 3 in fan support and gameday atmosphere. Under Polk I, we even taught the SEC how to really turn baseball into something; however, looking at what other schools have accomplished, we're probably more like a top 10 program.

School - National Championships - CWS appearances
Southern Cal - 12 (admittedly their program is down in recent years) - 21 appearances
LSU - 6 - 17 appearances
Texas - 6 (also down in recent years) - 35 appearances. including in 2011 and 2014
Arizona - 4 - 17 appearances
Miami - 4 - 25 appearances
South Carolina - 2 - 11 appearances

Tripp McNeely
11-04-2016, 03:18 PM

This isn't real, right? Nobody actually believes that the CL has any influence whatsoever anymore, right? I'm gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt...well played sir...The Onion-worthy!

confucius say
11-04-2016, 03:20 PM

Actually, he was told that and reported it.

http://......../story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2016/09/26/-house-candidate-emerging-msu-replace-stricklin/91119410/

Was he told the search was over and all interviews were completed? if he just would have said Cohen will be the AD then fine. His inaccuracy came in his statement that the search had "concluded." That's all keenum ever pointed out.

AGAIN we don't link stories to the CL. Confucious. PM sent. last warning.
-Scooba

MadDawg
11-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Was he told the search was over and all interviews were completed? No. if he just would have said Cohen will be the AD then fine. His inaccuracy came in his statement that the search had "concluded." That's all keenum ever pointed out.

And that one word "concluded" is the difference in it being a story no one could argue with to being one that undermines the entire process. Words do matter. Journalists should not have to have that explained to them.

Red Sox Dawg
11-04-2016, 03:23 PM
The real head-scratcher here is why didn't Keenum hire one of you guys who already know exactly how this is going to go from hour 0. We could have had foresight never before seen in the sports world at the head of our athletic program. Tragic missed opportunity.

+1 Rep earned

Todd4State
11-04-2016, 03:25 PM

I noticed the shout out to LT and Holliman. I also noticed that Cohen has a really good plan but all he talked about was how he wanted the AD job. That's a bit concerning.

basedog
11-04-2016, 03:32 PM
I noticed the shout out to LT and Holliman. I also noticed that Cohen has a really good plan but all he talked about was how he wanted the AD job. That's a bit concerning.

Concerning, I think it's great a person gets a dream job, what's concerning, why you would even think or say that? Dang!

Todd4State
11-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Concerning, I think it's great a person gets a dream job, what's concerning, why you would even think or say that? Dang!

I think it's concerning that he has inexperience and didn't really divulge any of his ideas to make MSU better. I would think that if he had some home run ideas it would have been good to hear and I think it would have put some doubts at ease.

We are told that Cohen will be a good AD- MSU needs to tell us how. All we got today was "because he really wants the job".

basedog
11-04-2016, 04:30 PM
I think it's concerning that he has inexperience and didn't really divulge any of his ideas to make MSU better. I would think that if he had some home run ideas it would have been good to hear and I think it would have put some doubts at ease.

We are told that Cohen will be a good AD- MSU needs to tell us how. All we got today was "because he really wants the job".

Keenum ain't stupid, I'm pretty sure a plan has been discussed, why worry over a damn press conference. Cohen is excited about a career change and WE Msu alumni and fans should be behind him now, not questioning as it's a done deal!

Dawgology
11-04-2016, 04:41 PM

Rep given. We are always the one that rolls over and takes it from the CL and then bemoans the way we are treated. People only have as much power over you as you give them. With Cohen coming in and Keenum taking this attitude I hope this signals a change in dealing with the pompous dickheads in the CL "sports section".

Dawgology
11-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Reading comprehension is lacking on this board.

Keenum may be standing up, but why run from questions? That's weak and just opens yourself for more media attacks.its all in how you deliver, control, and reinforce the message.

Why would you give quotes to the CL after they pulled their little stunt. I would do individual interviews with certain media outlets and just leave them out. They can rely on their sources.

trob115
11-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Go listen to Wyatt's interview on Trending Now. Cohen had some great things to say. We are going to be fine with him as AD.

Todd4State
11-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Go listen to Wyatt's interview on Trending Now. Cohen had some great things to say. We are going to be fine with him as AD.

Thanks! People think I'm negative sometimes but I like tangible evidence and results like this.

Maroons
11-04-2016, 11:14 PM
We just gave a top 3 baseball program in the nation to a guy with 2 years experience in college. Ohhhhh well!! We will see. Lol

I love our baseball program too, but let's be realistic. We're not even in the top 3 in our own league until we win a natty.

Sorry for the hijack.

GTHOM
11-04-2016, 11:58 PM
I agree Keenum and MSU should say the hell with the media and the CL, but we could have handled the situation better than we did

Dawgbite
11-05-2016, 06:07 AM
What Kennum should have done was appoint this board AD. We could have voted on all the important stuff after the obligatory five page discussion over whether we should have 18 oz or 20 oz cups in all the concession stands. He could have paid us in V cash and all the real money could be put toward assistant coaches or some way to make all the empty seats change colors to match the color of the week.

msbulldog
11-05-2016, 06:49 AM
What Kennum should have done was appoint this board AD. We could have voted on all the important stuff after the obligatory five page discussion over whether we should have 18 oz or 20 oz cups in all the concession stands. He could have paid us in V cash and all the real money could be put toward assistant coaches or some way to make all the empty seats change colors to match the color of the week.

Your so right, cup size is very important!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgbite again.

gravedigger
11-05-2016, 08:29 AM

Dear Heavenly Father....

Political Hack
11-05-2016, 08:48 AM

Then his sources suck and he needs to find new employment. That was the accurate story. If he was told something else, he ran with a line of BS and published it in the state's most circulate news source.

scottycameron
11-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Then his sources suck and he needs to find new employment. That was the accurate story. If he was told something else, he ran with a line of BS and published it in the state's most circulate news source.

Considering who those sources were, that's not plausible. At all. Considering who his sources were he had no choice but to report what he did. You can blame it on the sources or Keenum, that's where the disagreement stemmed from.

Political Hack
11-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Considering who those sources were, that's not plausible. At all. Considering who his sources were he had no choice but to report what he did. You can blame it on the sources or Keenum, that's where the disagreement stemmed from.

Not even close. You and I, at least to me, seem to be fairly reasonable people. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. The CL was incorrect. The story was inaccurate. And Keenum finally did what a lot of us want him to do, which is kick the CL to the curb based on their continued love of the confederacy and disdain for our Bulldogs. Truth be told, justified or not in this single instance, SCREW THEM for a life time of BS. They suck and it's about damn time someone with our University put them in their place.

And I'll add this, I've had some rather choice words for Keenum after the compliance department was chasing me around town taking photos of me and everyone I was hanging out with, well after any incidents occurred which would cause that level of scrutiny. I say that to make this point: I'm not a huge Keenum fan from a personal standpoint, but he's been good for the university and is right here again in telling the CL to shove it.

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Assuming the rumors of Loafers being the source, I think more than anything it shows how as great as he is at marketing he has no clue about PR. If he leaked info to Bonnor thinking it would help Cohen, he was clueless about the damage it could cause to hiring a baseball coach and in securing this years recruiting class - in addition to possibly tanking the AD hire. Keenum wasn't the amateur here - Loafers was. And I am sure that knowing who it was that leaked the story - regardless of the accuracy - is why Keenum punched back as hard as he did.