PDA

View Full Version : I want the QB with toughness and composure

BHildreth3
09-01-2013, 09:32 AM
As much as i want to see Tyler succeed, i just think that he's not handling the intense pressure to win. Our fanbase wanted him to be All-SEC when he committed to us. We're a much better offensive team when we do what the rest of the country is doing - play a mobile QB, spread the field, play with more than (1) RB in the game and base your offense around the read-option. This eventually helps you complete 15-20 passes in the game that can make a difference.

Not having veteran WRs didn't help in this game but at the same time if we would have done more with the running game (Given Josh Robinson more of the carries and threw to Perkins) then i think it would have helped Tyler in the passing game. Tyler is scared and playing without ANY confidence.

It's time for Mullen to do more with the running game. We've got to get better at converting running plays so that we can get first downs with the pass. When we force Tyler to convert anything more than 10 yards he panics. If we are going to play him the rest of the year then play all the damn running backs. We had 2nd and 2 on one occasion and it took 5 secs for the running play to develop! @#$#$. Line up with more than 1 RB and had off to someone other than Perkins.

I don't think we will make the changes with RBs so please for god sake - play the QB with moxie toughness and mobility.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Tyler has reached his ceiling and we have seen it. He's not the right QB for what we want to attempt to do. As said in other threads square peg-round hole. Dak may not be better but he is a better fit skill-set-wise.