PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think you cant get mad at Stands again...

Coach34
04-07-2013, 11:12 PM
ESPNU puts this "SEC Storied" on and I watch Georgia win 2 games in one day all over

:mad:

BeastMan
04-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Espn never let's a state fan forget the bad memories. Wait until the draft. Every SEC player thats gets selected highlights will have clips vs MSU

Raytoraid83
04-07-2013, 11:38 PM
And that team still made the ncaa tournament and had a shot at beating the eventual national title runner up. I'll be very surprised if Rick Ray ever gets a roster that can compete with that one.

FlabLoser
04-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Stans was good at making rosters no doubt.

Quaoarsking
04-08-2013, 06:41 AM
You'll be "very surprised" if Rick Ray ever has us as an 8 seed?

I mean, he may not, but there's no reason to say it would be "very surprising"

Coach34
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
And that team still made the ncaa tournament and had a shot at beating the eventual national title runner up. I'll be very surprised if Rick Ray ever gets a roster that can compete with that one.

Surprised if Ray gets us an 8-seed and to the 2nd round? Doesnt take much to surprise you

The reason we have to play teams like the national runner-up is BECAUSE of losses to teams like Georgia in the SEC Tourney

BeastMan
04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
The biggest difference is that I think the roster on a Ray 8 seeded team would be way less talented than that particular Stands 8 seed

I seen it dawg
04-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Stains sucked monkey ass.

Raytoraid83
04-08-2013, 10:14 AM
I said ill be "very surprised if he has a roster that can compete with that one". When our top target can't get an offer from his instate SEC school I think that backs up the argument fairly well. Now making a tournament as a 8 seed, that's a different story. Next year we'll get a much better feel for what we have in Ray, jury is still out.

Coach34
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
When our top target can't get an offer from his instate SEC school I think that backs up the argument fairly well. .

Who is that? Hell, I've heard we are looking at dropping the kid from Amanda Elzy because we have some better options

And considering the shape and talent in the SEC- I think most of the SEC coaches need to re-evaluate their recruiting. The last 5 years, the SEC has dropped to being the 6-7th best conference top to bottom

engie
04-08-2013, 10:37 AM
I said ill be "very surprised if he has a roster that can compete with that one". When our top target can't get an offer from his instate SEC school I think that backs up the argument fairly well.

What top target? You must be talking about the class that Ray only had 7 months on the job to recruit to a dumpster fire program which had fallen completely apart on national tv and at the end of seasons(that hadn't even had the chance to see his product on the court yet)...

We certainly aren't targeting any stars going forward**

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130408-j6qf-72kb.jpg

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130408-u5gy-53kb.jpg

Raytoraid83
04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
I.J. Ready, yea I've heard the same thing about Dunlap. Also rumors of a transfer coming in, don't know who. Yea pretty pathetic how far the SEC fallen. It's become laughable.

Coach34
04-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I.J. Ready, yea I've heard the same thing about Dunlap. Also rumors of a transfer coming in, don't know who. Yea pretty pathetic how far the SEC fallen. It's become laughable.

Ready was good enough to get an offer from Alabama- and they have been a better program than Arkansas for the last 15 years now.

Raytoraid83
04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I'd hope we are offering guys with high ratings. Who in the major conferences aren't? Now he needs to prove he can lock them up. Not saying he can't, just hasn't proven his recruiting ability yet.

Coach34
04-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I'd hope we are offering guys with high ratings. Who in the major conferences aren't? Now he needs to prove he can lock them up. Not saying he can't, just hasn't proven his recruiting ability yet.

I agree with that. This November is big for him- we have to pull a couple of quality players.

mic
04-08-2013, 11:19 AM
and that team got a 8 seed.. you beat UGA and u get a higher seed and stay away from Memphis that year..

mic
04-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I will say this.. RR may not be the next coming Shaka Smart or Brad Stevens but there arent many coaches out that could have won as many games as RR did this year with the hand he was delt.. or even kept the team together..

I seen it dawg
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Hell he actually blew the team and program up, which it desperately needed. He kept the guys around that would do what the **** he told them to do. Then he was dealt the blows of the injuries which he couldn't control. I'm actually excited about hoops again bc of Ray.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I will say this.. RR may not be the next coming Shaka Smart or Brad Stevens but there arent many coaches out that could have won as many games as RR did this year with the hand he was delt.. or even kept the team together..

They played really hard for what we had on the floor and I was glad to see that. But damn it was a hard year to watch any games.
Next year will tell a lot about what kind of coach he can be.