PDA

View Full Version : John Cohen is AD

Political Hack
11-03-2016, 07:11 PM
More to follow.

Political Hack
11-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Baseball coach could be announced as early as tomorrow.

Todd4State
11-03-2016, 07:14 PM
How sad.

civildawg
11-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Only time will tell, but if this doesn't work out we will be set back ten years at a time where we could have put a lot of distance between us and ole miss. Makes me very nervous

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Now Bonnor can report it.

Tbonewannabe
11-03-2016, 07:22 PM
This is either going to be a great thing or the worst possible decision, no middle ground. If we don't have a phenomenal baseball hire then this is a terrible decision.

ATTILLA THE DOG
11-03-2016, 07:22 PM
How sad.

Why is it sad, If this is what Cohen wants i am glad for him. He's done a good job with the baseball team, good luck to him;

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Now Bonnor can report it.

Lol

civildawg
11-03-2016, 07:26 PM
It's the LSU hitting coach. My preachers son is a baseball manager

was21
11-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Cohen is a very smart man and has all the credentials to do a great job. He loves Mississippi State University as well. Great hire for State.

civildawg
11-03-2016, 07:29 PM
What credentials? Coaching baseball is credentials for being AD?

GTHOM
11-03-2016, 07:30 PM
This is either going to be a great thing or the worst possible decision, no middle ground. If we don't have a phenomenal baseball hire then this is a terrible decision.

Agreed

bobcat91
11-03-2016, 07:31 PM
By Dr. Keenum. New coach for baseball to be named soon, and guaranteed to piss off basement dwelling MSU jock sniffers. Same ones who will be all Atta boy in a couple of years.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Same old State.

Natedogg33
11-03-2016, 07:33 PM
This question may have been asked and covered at an earlier time, but I can't remember seeing it. Is there something medical that may be causing Cohen to want off the field? Seems odd for a guy that competitive and intense to want to quit after winning an SEC championship last year. I'd heard something, but it wasn't earth shattering. I think he could be a great AD, but only time will tell.

JoseBrown
11-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Cohen is a very smart man and has all the credentials to do a great job. He loves Mississippi State University as well. Great hire for State.

I agree with you. Congrats Coach! Now get us a great baseball coach!

Political Hack
11-03-2016, 07:42 PM
It's the LSU hitting coach. My preachers son is a baseball manager

I've heard they're finalizing the contract details and could announce it as early as tomorrow.

Goldendawg
11-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Hope this works out better than when we made Bob Tyler AD and he still remained football coach. We just lost a great BB coach. Hope we gained a great AD and an even better, new BB coach.

basedog
11-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Why is it sad, If this is what Cohen wants i am glad for him. He's done a good job with the baseball team, good luck to him;

Because Todd got his info from Madison Central AD**

Todd4State
11-03-2016, 07:53 PM

Because it's the end of a good run for the baseball team. And no, I'm not saying that the next era (coach) will be bad at all so don't take it that way. It's sad just like when Polk left us in 1997.

Todd4State
11-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Because Todd got his info from Madison Central AD**

Careful. MC's is as qualified as the AD we just hired if we're talking based on experience.

Dawg61
11-03-2016, 08:00 PM
This question may have been asked and covered at an earlier time, but I can't remember seeing it. Is there something medical that may be causing Cohen to want off the field? Seems odd for a guy that competitive and intense to want to quit after winning an SEC championship last year. I'd heard something, but it wasn't earth shattering. I think he could be a great AD, but only time will tell.

Not being able to bunt 27 times in a 9 inning game is causing too much stress on his mental health

gtowndawg
11-03-2016, 08:05 PM

Right there with you. I like it.

Goldendawg
11-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Why did Dr. Keenum pitch a fit with CL and then we hire Cohen anyway? I hope he is the best AD we have ever had, but were we still interviewing in the midst of a nationwide search when the CL broke a story that is now true?

Pinto
11-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Why did Dr. Keenum pitch a fit with CL and then we hire Cohen anyway? I hope he is the best AD we have ever had, but were we still interviewing in the midst of a nationwide search when the CL broke a story that is now true?

This. SidSalter and Keenum screwed this and the university as bad as possible. If this doesn't work out the two of them need to be gone as well. Terrible job controlling the situation and press. Please tell me the rumor of LT heading the search isn't true. Lastly, why do I feel like Cohen is LT part III.

mathistondawg
11-03-2016, 08:14 PM
what makes this lsu hitting coach an attractive hire. what do you guys think

basedog
11-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Careful. MC's is as qualified as the AD we just hired if we're talking based on experience.

You are so negative. Dude, it will all work out.

MC, over rated, does less with more than any 6a program.

Goldendawg
11-03-2016, 08:17 PM
LT part III? Does this mean we get to pee in the floor again at DWS??????

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-03-2016, 08:20 PM

I am with Todd. WTF are we doing? They might as well hire me as the next Baseball Coach. I have as much experience doing that as Cohen has running a hundred million dollar athletic department. SMH

Dawg61
11-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Does this mean we get to pee in the floor again at DWS??????

Oh we aren't supposed to do that anymore

K9 Avenger
11-03-2016, 08:31 PM

Less with more? LOL...you can't do more than win the 6A All Sports Award year after year after year after year.........

basedog
11-03-2016, 08:33 PM
I am with Todd. WTF are we doing? They might as well hire me as the next Baseball Coach. I have as much experience doing that as Cohen has running a hundred million dollar athletic department. SMH

I have several Lsu buddies, they have raved about there hitting coach, from listening to them they think he has a high ceiling. Just talked to one of them, he said it's a home run hire. We shall see.

Political Hack
11-03-2016, 09:05 PM
This. SidSalter and Keenum screwed this and the university as bad as possible. If this doesn't work out the two of them need to be gone as well. Terrible job controlling the situation and press. Please tell me the rumor of LT heading the search isn't true. Lastly, why do I feel like Cohen is LT part III.

It could've been handled better for sure but in no way whatsoever will Cohen's administration resemblance LT or Scott Stricklin in any way. John Cohen is an ass kicker. I don't know if y'all have noticed but he brought our baseball programs back from the depths of hell and resurrected the Bulldogs. He wins. All he wants to do is win. And he is driven and devoted. I don't know how you could ask for much more. Who the hell knows what the future holds with him, but I can promise you if he fails it won't be for a lack of effort. Baseball on the other hand scares me, but I like the move with Cohen. It fits.

shoeless joe
11-03-2016, 09:09 PM
It could've been handled better for sure but in no way whatsoever will Cohen's administration resemblance LT or Scott Stricklin in any way. John Cohen is an ass kicker. I don't know if y'all have noticed but he brought our baseball programs back from the depths of hell and resurrected the Bulldogs. He wins. All he wants to do is win. And he is driven and devoted. I don't know how you could ask for much more. Who the hell knows what the future holds with him, but I can promise you if he fails it won't be for a lack of effort. Baseball on the other hand scares me, but I like the move with Cohen. It fits.

100% agree

DeputyDawg94
11-03-2016, 09:12 PM
At this point I don't like the move, but I am willing to wait and see what happens,

Turfdawg67
11-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Unfreakingbelievable!! Wow! Ummm... we suck, why should I be shocked?!?

Cloak
11-03-2016, 09:15 PM
At the moment I'm not very enthusiastic about Cohen to AD or about Cannizaro being named head coach, but we will just have to wait and see how it turns out. On the bright side, Cohen is a no BS kind of guy, and we need that right now.

Coursesuper
11-03-2016, 09:19 PM

I think your talk of ass kicking is way off base, can't and shouldn't happen in the environment he is walking into. I foresee very little change in the AD. If he try's to kick ass he going to be in very big trouble very quickly.

Political Hack
11-03-2016, 09:37 PM
I think your talk of ass kicking is way off base, can't and shouldn't happen in the environment he is walking into. I foresee very little change in the AD. If he try's to kick ass he going to be in very big trouble very quickly.

You know how he's going to kick ass? He's going to demand that everyone around him kick's ass. There will be a cultural change in the athletic department.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2016, 09:43 PM
You know how he's going to kick ass? He's going to demand that everyone around him kick's ass. There will be a cultural change in the athletic department.

THIS^^^^country club has been closed. New Sherrif in town.

Coursesuper
11-03-2016, 09:50 PM

We shall see, but you obviously know how he got the gig in the first place and who he had to convince to get their backing, there are several untouchables that will continue to draw a check. If we had gone outside these changes would and could be made but like I've said we are to inbred for our own good. That equals more of the same, don't think he's going to be able to operate without constraint.

Coursesuper
11-03-2016, 09:51 PM

Not even close.

Political Hack
11-03-2016, 10:01 PM
We shall see, but you obviously know how he got the gig in the first place and who he had to convince to get their backing, there are several untouchables that will continue to draw a check. If we had gone outside these changes would and could be made but like I've said we are to inbred for our own good. That equals more of the same, don't think he's going to be able to operate without constraint.

Everybody answers to somebody at some point. As long as he demands winners, I'll live with the family first mentality for AD. We have a lot of guys that aren't from MSU in key positions right now... Namely our football, baseball, and basketbal coaches.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Not even close.

Guess we will find out.

HSVDawg
11-03-2016, 10:06 PM

What you are basically saying is that he is going to do really well because he is going to try really hard. Which is great. But it takes a lot more than trying and caring and "ass-kicking" to manage a $100 million athletic department. I hope he does well and I'm in his corner 100%, but this has been a complete clown show from Keenum and the boosters. We are making 2 completely unproven hires to fill 50% of the most influential leadership positions in the athletic department. I think it is close to certain that at least one of those hires is going to blow up in our face, if not both. It would be like if Bama promoted Saban to AD and then hired Geoff Collins to be the head coach. Just mind boggling.

DudyDawg
11-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Hiring from within screams that the status quo will remain in just about every situation. Good luck to cohen.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2016, 10:09 PM
What I do know is Cohen is driven and a winner. He will demand it from everyone around him. I don't believe knowing his personality that he would just be a puppet, no way no how.

Coursesuper
11-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Everybody answers to somebody at some point. As long as he demands winners, I'll live with the family first mentality for AD. We have a lot of guys that aren't from MSU in key positions right now... Namely our football, baseball, and basketbal coaches.

Come on, if you really know what up you know I'm not talking about coaches.

preachermatt83
11-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Question... has Cohen ever fired anyone on any of his staffs?

Thick
11-03-2016, 11:06 PM

Great post!!!

BulldogBear
11-04-2016, 12:10 AM

I sure hope so. I'm not a fan of this move but if it means we have a guy that will stand behind our coaches with cattle prod ready for when signs of complacency show, then I'm willing to give it a try.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2016, 12:15 AM
I sure hope so. I'm not a fan of this move but if it means we have a guy that will stand behind our coaches with cattle prod ready for when signs of complacency show, then I'm willing to give it a try.

I just can't picture in my mind John Cohen talking to one of our coaches about why we aren't getting the job done and saying well that's ok you did your best.

msbulldog
11-04-2016, 06:13 AM
$100 million, that ain't no money in cotton country boys! I like the hire, good luck coach. Some of us are behind you 100%!

Tbonewannabe
11-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Question... has Cohen ever fired anyone on any of his staffs?

Not sure but we have had 3 guys become head coaches since he has been at MSU. That is pretty good development on his staff. He also hires the guys on his staff so he may not have fired anyone because he does a good job hiring. That is just outside looking in though.

SheltonChoked
11-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Based on the fact our Women's Soccer coach was reassigned today, due to poor performance. I think its a good move.