PDA

View Full Version : Andy Cannizaro story from Nola.com

Todd4State
11-03-2016, 06:20 PM
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/07/andy_cannizaro_heads_to_lsu_as.html

I thought our fans might like to see his background. Great story from when he was first hired as a hitting coach at LSU.

msstate7
11-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Is it CAN-ni-zar-O?

Todd4State
11-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Yes.

msstate7
11-03-2016, 07:51 PM
So assuming he is named, do we expect the staff to be unchanged beside at HC or should we expect Cannizaro to bring a coach with him?

msstate7
11-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Think he can bring an lsu commit with him?

Todd4State
11-03-2016, 08:08 PM
I would guess that the staff would most likely stay intact. Commerce mentioned Alan Dunn coming with him and that would mean kicking Gary Henderson to the curb basically. I'm sure it's possible but I don't think it's likely. And Henderson has some head coaching experience that could come in handy next year with an inexperienced coach. So, I honestly haven't heard anything although Dunn would be a great hire.

As far as LSU recruits- maybe for the 2017 or 2018 classes down the road. But this late in the game I don't anticipate that happening especially the way we have been stocking up on JUCO's the past week or two. I do think that you will see us recruiting Louisiana more in the coming years though. Cannizarro is from Mandeville as you read in the article and between Coggin and his connections in Mississippi and Cannizaro and his NOLA connections we may see some of the blanks filled in more Louisiana kids. It's similar to football because LSU is the only SEC school and they can't take everyone even with TOPS so there are still some good players to be had- see Tulane, Louisiana Lafayette, Southeastern Louisiana, etc.