PDA

View Full Version : A Few Random Thoughts....

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2016, 01:30 PM
1. We aren't going to win Saturday, but I think we play with some pride, put together a respecatable effort, and play one of our better games of the year. As bad as last Saturday was, it's easy to forget that this team was coming off two last second road losses. Regardless of how good or bad a team you are, that's bound to drain you. I expect an energized effort Saturday. Our best efforts this season have been against South Carolina and BYU. I think we see that urgency again.

2. Dak Prescott is the NFL Offensive ROY to this point and there shouldn't be an argument. It's true that Zek is a flat stud with huge stats. I get it. But, Dak is a rookie that is successfully occupying the QB position for the Dallas17ing Cowboys. The most highly criticized and glamorous position in professional sports. The maturity, poise, responsibility, ability, and leadership it takes to be successful in that role far outweighs any extra rushing yards that Zek may have.

3. Not sure I completely realized the gravity of how big the Cubs winning the World Series was until videos of lifelong Cubs fans celebrating last night with elderly family members started circulating around the internet this morning. It's difficult to rationalize 108 years until you see 80 and 90 year old people that have had their fandom and sports emotions stolen by that crappy team for their entire life time. Along those lines, I couldn't help but dream of what that day will be like for MSU fans that have been stuck in the very similar cycle. I can't wait till that day when I can share a big 3 sport MSU national title with my loved ones. I just hope get one before OM does.

BrunswickDawg
11-03-2016, 01:44 PM
1. We aren't going to win Saturday, but I think we play with some pride, put together a respecatable effort, and play one of our better games of the year. As bad as last Saturday was, it's easy to forget that this team was coming off two last second road losses. Regardless of how good or bad a team you are, that's bound to drain you. I expect an energized effort Saturday. Our best efforts this season have been against South Carolina and BYU. I think we see that urgency again.

2. Dak Prescott is the NFL Offensive ROY to this point and there shouldn't be an argument. It's true that Zek is a flat stud with huge stats. I get it. But, Dak is a rookie that is successfully occupying the QB position for the Dallas17ing Cowboys. The most highly criticized and glamorous position in professional sports. The maturity, poise, responsibility, ability, and leadership it takes to be successful in that role far outweighs any extra rushing yards that Zek may have.

3. Not sure I completely realized the gravity of how big the Cubs winning the World Series was until videos of lifelong Cubs fans celebrating last night with elderly family members started circulating around the internet this morning. It's difficult to rationalize 108 years until you see 80 and 90 year old people that have had their fandom and sports emotions stolen by that crappy team for their entire life time. Along those lines, I couldn't help but dream of what that day will be like for MSU fans that have been stuck in the very similar cycle. I can't wait till that day when I can share a big 3 sport MSU national title with my loved ones. I just hope get one before OM does.

1) Yep
2) Yep
3) And that is why I think so many on here are so PO'd with Mullen (and Cohen, Williams, and Stansbury before that). It is the closest we have been to legit shots at winning something big. The '96 FF, the '15 CWS, and the '14 late season melt just reminds us too much of the pits of despair like "Tech and 10" instead of the joy that those seasons brought. "You got us so close - and now we suck again!!" It's too ****ing painful.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-03-2016, 02:00 PM
#1 I'm trying really hard to be positive, but there isn't anywhere for some of the defense and the O-Line to go but up with their effort and performance. Hopefully #28 is chewing some dudes out at practice this week!

smootness
11-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Let's all work hard not to be as miserable and insufferable as Cubs fans have been for the last 30 years.

msstate7
11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Let's all work hard not to be as miserable and insufferable as Cubs fans have been for the last 30 years.

Don't worry... we got this covered

BulldogBear
11-03-2016, 02:53 PM
If we ever win a National Championship in football all people will be talking about is how "down" college football was that year.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2016, 03:03 PM
1. A&M has handled us pretty easily even when we've been good. They're going to beat us so badly the Waffle House names a plate after us.
2. If Zeke breaks the rookie rushing record, he's rookie of the year.
3. Yep

Tbonewannabe
11-03-2016, 03:38 PM
1. A&M has handled us pretty easily even when we've been good. They're going to beat us so badly the Waffle House names a plate after us.
3. Yep

Dak has already set some records for not only rookie QBs but 1st time starters. If he leads the team to the best record in the NFC and continues playing like he is then he deserves ROY. He is the 3rd best QB in the league right now with Tom Brady and Matt Ryan ahead of him. He leads the league in rushing TDs by a QB and Zeke only has 1 more rushing TD than Dak. Dak accounts for a lot more TDs overall. I don't think it is obviously Zeke.

Leroy Jenkins
11-03-2016, 03:53 PM
3. Yep

We were beating them 41-14 in 2014. Ended up 48-31 or something like that after Dan let up.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2016, 04:01 PM
We were beating them 41-14 in 2014. Ended up 48-31 or something like that after Dan let up.

It was 48-17 with 3min left. If you want to say Dan let up after being up 31pts with 3min left then yes technically you're right.

Bothrops
11-03-2016, 04:28 PM
A&M will quit at some point, and we will get our two scores. How bad we get beat will depend on the frame of mind A&M's players are in coming into the game.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2016, 04:32 PM

Guess how many times we've beaten them since they entered the SEC. Once. They've scored 30 every single game (foot off the gas or not).

lamont
11-03-2016, 04:56 PM
You can count on them scoring 40 points- only question is how many we can put up?

msstate7
11-03-2016, 05:02 PM
You can count on them scoring 40 points- only question is how many we can put up?

22-28 is my best guess

Leroy Jenkins
11-03-2016, 05:18 PM
It was 48-17 with 3min left. If you want to say Dan let up after being up 31pts with 3min left then yes technically you're right.

The point I was contradicting is the "they've handed us pretty easiley" revisionist history.