PDA

View Full Version : How do some schools like Alabama and auburn (maybe others)

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Get to schedule a cupcake before their big rivalry game and every year we get a murderer's row to lead up to the Egg? This is something I hope our new AD will address.

Jarius
11-03-2016, 09:57 AM
I just hope he addresses us becoming the cupcake before someone else's big game.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2016, 10:07 AM
To be fair, many times Alabama will have face 4 or 5 teams in a single year that are coming off bye weeks.

However, I do hope at some point the SEC & college football in general can get away from telling non-top tier programs, "just be happy with what you got, shut up & be happy that we are allowing you to be apart of this." & move more towards a system that offers programs that are the best run & most creative an equal opportunity to build a championship caliber program.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-03-2016, 10:16 AM
It's even magnified on the years we play OM on Thanksgiving day. Play a physical game with Arkansas or the like on Saturday and then play the Egg 5 days later. Remember when we played a Thurs. night game in Sept. or Oct. in the past? It was made a point to play a lesser opponent the Saturday before if possible. But not for Egg Bowl week? Why not?

louisvilledawg
11-03-2016, 10:29 AM
I just hope he addresses us becoming the cupcake before someone else's big game.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1523321/Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.gif

coastdoglover
11-03-2016, 11:56 AM
thanks LT! We probably are too stupid to complain either. Playing only 6 home games is a travesty in itself.

Tbonewannabe
11-03-2016, 12:53 PM
thanks LT! We probably are too stupid to complain either. Playing only 6 home games is a travesty in itself.

So will we have 8 home games at some time or are we continuously playing the away game for a home and away? What team was it that got out of the Starkville trip that was fairly recent?

BulldogBear
11-03-2016, 12:57 PM
So will we have 8 home games at some time or are we continuously playing the away game for a home and away? What team was it that got out of the Starkville trip that was fairly recent?
Tulane. Yet we've scheduled them again, albeit Starkville game comes first.

archdog
11-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Should have made them do a 3 and 1, and that 1 should be the superdome.

Goldendawg
11-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Showing my age, but I remember when our last four games were always Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and UNM ( or some variation of that). It was called "Murderer's Row" and we always got murdered. So, cheer up, I guess, it has been worse.