PDA

View Full Version : SapperDawg Extended Vacation

SapperDawg
11-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Fellow Outdoor Dawgs,

My posting is about to become pretty scarce, as I have to drop off the net for a while. Many of you know I am an Army Reserve officer in my spare time. Well, Uncle Sam has called again, and I will be taking an extended trip at the end of the year to rather hot, Middle East location. It has been 10 years since my last tour, so I feel lucky from that respect.

Not sure how the connectivity will be, but rest assured, if I have it, I will be keeping up with your food, drink, hunting and angling exploits.....so keep them coming!

SD

SpeckleDawg
11-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Good luck to you man! Hope everything goes well over there and we will miss the posts in the meantime for sure.

msstatelp1
11-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Godspeed and ESSAYONS!

BeastMan
11-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Keep safe out there Sapper! If you ever get the time, we'd love to hear from you. Keep us updated

WeWillScrewItUp
11-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Thank you for your service Sapper.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Keep your head down and your powder dry Sapper. We will be thinking of you with each sip of bourbon.

Barking 13
11-04-2016, 08:19 AM
be careful Sap, we'll miss ya...

SapperDawg
11-05-2016, 08:07 AM
If we have decent connectivity I will try and get some good weekend C&D pics from the chow hall....heh.

One thing I will be doing is taking my fly tying kit for downtime. With the two young kiddos at home I have neglected tying anything for about 3 years now, and my backlog is about out.

The team I am replacing tells me they spend time in four places: office, chow hall, gym, hooch. Being a field grade officer now means I likely get my own room, so that will be nice.