PDA

View Full Version : Home and Home with .............

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Minnesota in 2026 and 2027. Up there first, naturally.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Minnesota in 2026 and 2027. Up there first, naturally.

Good trip & a program that should be beatable at that time.

I wonder if elitedawgs will even exist when this game is played?

TheRef
11-02-2016, 11:13 AM
I actually would like to go to this one. At least it's not during the time of year we will freeze our butts off.

Revolution
11-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Weird. We (BYU) just announced a home and home with them last week. We also have UMass on our schedule. Interesting that we're playing so many of your OOC opponents. I thought I saw that we were playing one more of your OOC opponents as well.

Anyways, I lived in St. Paul for 3 years. Great area. Will make for a fun trip for those of you willing to travel. The stadium there is less than 10 years old, and they allow beer at the game. So the tailgating carries over into the stadium. The whole state is a great place to visit, especially if you enjoy fishing. The boundary waters on the border with Canada are a great treasure if you enjoy canoeing, fishing, and the outdoors and can tolerate mosquitoes.

DawgInMemphis
11-02-2016, 11:29 AM

Nostradamus, that you? I miss on who's beatable half the time each weekend, much less 10 years into the future.

Dawgbite
11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Nostradamus, that you? I miss on who's beatable half the time each weekend, much less 10 years into the future.

Don't worry, there is somebody on the Gophers board already penciling us in as an easy win.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2016, 11:41 AM
We just need a home & home for 2024 & 2025 & our Power 5 opponents will be taken care of for the next 10yrs.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2016, 12:06 PM
We just need a home & home for 2024 & 2025 & our Power 5 opponents will be taken care of for the next 10yrs.

I'd love to add Michigan State, Wisconsin, or Penn State

Think those would be good fits & an enticing game that we can win

Political Hack
11-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Anyways, I lived in St. Paul for 3 years. Great area. Will make for a fun trip for those of you willing to travel. The stadium there is less than 10 years old, and they allow beer at the game.

First, don't worry. We won't rat on you.

Second, I may actually entertain the thought of this trip now. The new stadium looked awesome when they unveiled it & it has beer. That's a solid trip.

msbulldog
11-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Curious how we can make that deal without an AD?

maroonmania
11-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Right now I'm much more worried about how good we will be than I am how good our opponents will be.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2016, 12:44 PM

Parameters probably have been in place for a while & just needed some minor work. We have an interim AD also who could sign off on the deal if Scott didn't already sign off before he left. My guess is deal was already done & just released today.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2016, 01:14 PM
May need two depending on how bad the NCAA violates TSUN.

DanDority
11-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I'd love to add Michigan State, Wisconsin, or Penn State

Think those would be good fits & an enticing game that we can win
I don't think they would ever play us. Don't get me wrong I'd love to play them and have an excuse to go there.

Dawgface
11-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Hell....I hope I'm still kicking 10 years from now.

LC Dawg
11-02-2016, 03:30 PM

We probably agreed to a mid November game up there and when the date is announced in a couple of years our athletic department will say they don't know who agreed to it because we didn't have an AD.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2016, 03:33 PM
We probably agreed to a mid November game up there and when the date is announced in a couple of years our athletic department will say they don't know who agreed to it because we didn't have an AD.

They're both in mid-September

Bothrops
11-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Yeah, hopefully I'll still be around. I bet we'll be bowling the stadium in when our home game is played.

fader2103
11-02-2016, 04:37 PM
I want a home and home with Army or Navy. I would love to go visit West Point.

RocketDawg
11-02-2016, 04:42 PM

Crap ... I wonder if several of US will even exist by that time. At any rate ... as you say, good trip. Will they be beatable? Who knows 10 years from now.

When we play there, let's hope it's early in the season. It gets cold in Minnesota.

RocketDawg
11-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Weird. We (BYU) just announced a home and home with them last week. We also have UMass on our schedule. Interesting that we're playing so many of your OOC opponents. I thought I saw that we were playing one more of your OOC opponents as well.

Anyways, I lived in St. Paul for 3 years. Great area. Will make for a fun trip for those of you willing to travel. The stadium there is less than 10 years old, and they allow beer at the game. So the tailgating carries over into the stadium. The whole state is a great place to visit, especially if you enjoy fishing. The boundary waters on the border with Canada are a great treasure if you enjoy canoeing, fishing, and the outdoors and can tolerate mosquitoes.

Probably because everybody's trying to schedule the easiest Power 5 team that they can. Yes, Minnesota is a great state to visit. It can be pretty chilly even in October, which is when I assume our game will be scheduled.

LC Dawg
11-02-2016, 05:07 PM
They're both in mid-September

I missed that. Thanks

Political Hack
11-02-2016, 05:16 PM

I'll take Annapolis.

nsvltndog
11-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Both games are in early September (11th and 12th). That's perfect for us on both locations. It shouldn't be very cold in Minnesota when we play there, and it has a chance to still be very hot and humid in Mississippi when they come to Starkville. On a Minnesota site, it stated that this will be Minnesota's first regular season game against an SEC team in 65 years. It's our first vs. the Big 10 in the regular season since 1980 at Illinois.

Todd4State
11-02-2016, 05:42 PM

I would love to do that. And it makes sense to do so with our military history at MSU. Air Force as well and I'd even like to see us play The Citadel for homecoming.

WSOPdawg
11-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Well, I'm not excited one iota with this game... just not that into playing Minnesota... meh

nsvltndog
11-02-2016, 09:24 PM
The one I keep expecting to see announced is Washington State. Kirk Schulz who spent 8 years at MSU as Dean of Engineering and later VP of Research and Economic Development until around the time Mullen arrived is their new President. He was the Kansas State president when our series with them was announced. It seems these series are not easy to schedule so leveraging relationships is likely a big help.

For those that want to play the big boys, the last time we were able to schedule a home and home with one of the truly big time traditional football powers was Texas in 1991 and 1992. Since then we've had Oregon, BYU, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech and 1/2 of a series with Baylor who backed out of the return trip in the mid-90s. Oregon was a power when we played them, but they weren't yet when those games were scheduled. Kansas State, Arizona, NC State, Minnesota, and 1 more with BYU are scheduled. Those seem like good picks to me. While it would be cool to have a Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State type team, I don't get the impression that those teams have interest in playing road games in Starkville. Our administration may also be hesitant to add them to the schedule. I suspect it is hard to get on their schedules, but as has been mentioned in the thread the military academies do count and would be awesome to visit.

RocketDawg
11-02-2016, 10:25 PM
The one I keep expecting to see announced is Washington State. Kirk Schulz who spent 8 years at MSU as Dean of Engineering and later VP of Research and Economic Development until around the time Mullen arrived is their new President. He was the Kansas State president when our series with them was announced. It seems these series are not easy to schedule so leveraging relationships is likely a big help.

For those that want to play the big boys, the last time we were able to schedule a home and home with one of the truly big time traditional football powers was Texas in 1991 and 1992. Since then we've had Oregon, BYU, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech and 1/2 of a series with Baylor who backed out of the return trip in the mid-90s. Oregon was a power when we played them, but they weren't yet when those games were scheduled. Kansas State, Arizona, NC State, Minnesota, and 1 more with BYU are scheduled. Those seem like good picks to me. While it would be cool to have a Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State type team, I don't get the impression that those teams have interest in playing road games in Starkville. Our administration may also be hesitant to add them to the schedule. I suspect it is hard to get on their schedules, but as has been mentioned in the thread the military academies do count and would be awesome to visit.

Didn't we play either Washington or Washington State sometime fairly recently? It would have been since about 1995.

Could always play one of the big boys in a single, neutral site (if we once again get good enough), early season game.