PDA

View Full Version : OT: World Series post game show

DeviousDawg
11-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Is it just me or would it be much better without Pete Rose? He always talks out of line and spends way too much time laughing at his own shitty jokes. He is very unprofessional and clearly thinks he is better than Frank Thomas is every way. I think it would be much more enjoyable if he was replaced by someone like John Smoltz.

JoseBrown
11-01-2016, 11:44 PM
It's not just you, ever since they've let him have a mic he seems to think it's a show about him.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Great baseball player, terrible, awful analyst or whatever his title is.

Dawg61
11-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Great baseball player, terrible, awful human or whatever his title is.

fify

Outside Dawg
11-02-2016, 07:55 AM
I dont watch it regularly, but did see this a few weeks ago. I thought this video was pretty cool.

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/10/24/pete-rose-alex-rodriguez-frank-thomas-fox-sports-video

Commercecomet24
11-02-2016, 08:16 AM
fify

I'll agree with that.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Hell, he's probably a couple sheets in the wind.....he know not what he say....

did you hear him pre game when they were picking the winner? He said Cleveland....then almost under his breath said, "I'm going home tomorrow". Like he was ready to get the hell out of there...

Todd4State
11-02-2016, 09:09 AM
He's terrible as a baseball analyst. My uncle told me a story about Rose coming to some charity basketball game wearing a fur coat with two blondes under his arms.

shoeless joe
11-02-2016, 11:33 AM
I am not a fan of any of the guys that are on the fox post game.

Fox takes the view of getting guys that could play but aren't good tv analyst. ESPN has guys, oops...I mean individuals, that do ok on tv but weren't very good if they did actually play a single game in the bigs.

DeviousDawg
11-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Fox takes the view of getting guys that could play but aren't good tv analyst. ESPN has guys, oops...I mean individuals, that do ok on tv but weren't very good if they did actually play a single game in the bigs.

I really think A-Rod does a good job.

Dawg61
11-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Both Fox and ESPN suck for baseball coverage. Wish the crew for MLBNetwork could announce the World Series.

DeviousDawg
11-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Both Fox and ESPN suck for baseball coverage. Wish the crew for MLBNetwork could announce the World Series.

Completely agree. For actual baseball fans it is brutal to watch the Fox post game show because Pete wants to consistently make it a late night comedy show instead of a recap of the World Series. I quit watching ESPN (except for actual games), years ago. They have an agenda and they push it hard. Kaitlin Jenner for woman of the year was the end for me and ESPN.

I would like to see what Pete Rose has done for Fox's post game show's ratings. I'm sure the average observer finds Pete entertaining. I do hope that the ratings haven't spiked because of him though, I really hope this is his last year.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-02-2016, 02:02 PM
He's terrible as a baseball analyst. My uncle told me a story about Rose coming to some charity basketball game wearing a fur coat with two blondes under his arms.

I'm not sure when your uncle was talking about. I could see Rose doing that in '75, and I could picture him doing it last weekend, but I grew up in the era of Rose and the Big Red Machine and they were fun to watch. Rose played on the edge, on the field and off, if you know what I mean. Now, you talkin' about relentless effort....he only knew one speed and that was putting the pedal to the metal from the get go. Everyone has probably seen his collision at the plate in the All-Star game in '70. Not the 7th game of the World Series to win it.....an All-Star game that meant nothing at the time. Didn't have home field implications back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fj2B9z4Dbw

DeviousDawg
11-02-2016, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure when your uncle was talking about. I could see Rose doing that in '75, and I could picture him doing it last weekend, but I grew up in the era of Rose and the Big Red Machine and they were fun to watch. Rose played on the edge, on the field and off, if you know what I mean. Now, you talkin' about relentless effort....he only knew one speed and that was putting the pedal to the metal from the get go. Everyone has probably seen his collision at the plate in the All-Star game in '70. Not the 7th game of the World Series to win it.....an All-Star game that meant nothing at the time. Didn't have home field implications back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fj2B9z4Dbw

Charlie Hustle on the field, Johnny Manziel off it, and Bo Wallace in the books.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Charlie Hustle on the field, Johnny Manziel off it, and Bo Wallace in the books.

haha....yep. The thing about it was he could act like Manziel off the field, but still perform to his full ability on.