PDA

View Full Version : Re-watched the game

Alphadog
11-01-2016, 02:13 PM
It is worthless to be the fastest player on the field if you never run full speed. Damn

TrueMaroon
11-01-2016, 02:18 PM
It is worthless to be the fastest player on the field if you never run full speed. Damn

True words my friend. His lack of effort wasnt quite as noticeable in person but it looked awful on tv.

Alphadog
11-01-2016, 02:21 PM
True words my friend. His lack of effort wasnt quite as noticeable in person but it looked awful on tv.

I really don't know how you put him back out on the field once Coman and Peters are healthy. I hate calling a single player out but that was a piss poor effort. I think I would have to move Peters back to safety unless Smitherman is ready to play

maroonmania
11-01-2016, 02:31 PM
I really don't know how you put him back out on the field once Coman and Peters are healthy. I hate calling a single player out but that was a piss poor effort. I think I would have to move Peters back to safety unless Smitherman is ready to play

What is going on with Bryant? I don't remember these issues with him last year.

Cary Hudson's little bro
11-01-2016, 02:32 PM
What is going on with Bryant? I don't remember these issues with him last year.

That's what I am wondering...is he healthy? He's never been a thumper, but he is not even hitting guys right now.

Jarius
11-01-2016, 02:35 PM
He needs to be told to turn his jersey in. He is a disgrace to MSU, and we have had some terrible teams. We have always been known for being a hard nosed team that you knew you had played the day after and he makes me want to vomit.

NCDawg
11-01-2016, 02:37 PM
That's what I am wondering...is he healthy? He's never been a thumper, but he is not even hitting guys right now.

It appears to me that a lot of our players aren't hitting guys right now, excluding a few such as Lewis and Ward.

Alphadog
11-01-2016, 02:37 PM

I've played on pretty of losing teams in my life and it is very hard to show up and play hard every game when things aren't going your way. I hope that is not what we are seeing with BB. There is a lot of shitty tackling and missed assignments that we see every week but most of the guys seem to be playing hard.

Brahmabull
11-01-2016, 02:54 PM
His uncle claimed on another website that he has hurt his ankle and knee and is not healthy.

Alphadog
11-01-2016, 03:00 PM
His uncle claimed on another website that he has hurt his ankle and knee and is not healthy.

I really hope that is the case. However, if he can't give better play than he did in this game then the next man needs to step up. Not sure who that next man would be with all of the injuries though

Tbonewannabe

I could understand being slowed up but it doesn't look like the effort is there. Of course it takes a different type of player to still go full speed when you are banged up. There aren't many Ronnie Lott's that play football anymore.

Jarius

His uncle must not have watched him return that interception.

SDDawg
11-01-2016, 03:25 PM
His uncle must not have watched him return that interception.

Precisely- it's mental/effort. Not physical.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2016, 03:56 PM
I don't know about Bryant but I know for a fact we have several players playing with some pretty tough injuries. They're trying to help the team by fighting through them. Some will face surgery in off season. AJ was one of them. Dan hasn't lost the team, but we all obviously know some things have to change.

Alphadog
11-01-2016, 04:11 PM

If Bryant is indeed hurt, I want to apologize for my original post. I hate ever calling a player out because you never really know what is going on with the individual.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2016, 04:17 PM
If Bryant is indeed hurt, I want to apologize for my original post. I hate ever calling a player out because you never really know what is going on with the individual.

It's easy to do. I remember in 2013 we all were fussing about Nickoe and then we find out kid had been playing with torn acl for half the year.

Brahmabull
11-01-2016, 04:22 PM
The uncle said something to the effect that he has to play hurt because the coaches don't want/need to burn a redshirt this late in the season. If players are playing hurt because they want to fight thru and try to help the team, then great. If players are playing hurt but don't really want to be out there, then that may explain some of the lack of effort. I am not claiming to know one way or the other. Just passing along what a read from the uncle elsewhere.

maroonmania
11-01-2016, 05:13 PM

If he is too banged up to go all out then he shouldn't be out there. I know we are short on bodies but we shouldn't be putting a player at risk.