PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Thread

Snowman79
10-31-2016, 03:40 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here a year or so ago talking about personal ghost stories? That was some good reading. Can anyone locate that? I looked but haven't been able to.

Political Hack
10-31-2016, 04:06 PM
Too lazy, but would be a good reference for future camp fire stories.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 04:20 PM
I remember the thread. I even contributed a post.

TimberBeast
10-31-2016, 04:44 PM
I remember the thread. I even contributed a post.

Was the thread on this board?

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 04:47 PM
Was the thread on this board?

Thought it was. Maybe not.

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 04:47 PM
There's a long thread about this sort of thing on SPS remembers

As far as scary stories, I get the shit scared out of me every time the opposing QB drops back to pass.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 05:08 PM
Well then let's start one here. Here's mine. Built the house we live in now about 7 years ago. Weird stuff started happening as soon as we started moving in. We had unpacked a box of pictures and had set them on a table. We left for lunch and when we came back they were all laying face down. After we had settled in stuff really got weird. We'd start seeing shadowy figures. Both of us at the same time. One night we were in the den just talking and the radio on our receiver came on. Problem is we had lost the antennae so it should not have been able to pick up a station. I've been in bed asleep and had a hand touch my shoulder. Rolled over thinking it was my wife but she was asleep facing the other direction. The worst was one night our daughter woke up screaming in terror. Not scared...terrified. We ran in there and she was balled up in bed staring a hole through the closet door. Asked what was wrong and she said the snake. What snake? The big snake that is in the closet. Easy to chalk that up as a nightmare but that was at the height of us all seeing the shadow figures and cold spots in the house. Plus, the look on her face...didn't appear to be a dream. My son would also wake up scared and have stories of seeing shadowy figures and we never mentioned to them what we saw. Long story short we had several months of that being a regular occurrence. My wife decided to hang crosses in the kids' rooms and to specifically pray over them for protection during the night. All of the activity as far as our kids were concerned stopped immediately. Overall activity in the house basically quit. Every now and then something will happen you can't quite explain but much better.

Snowman79
10-31-2016, 05:25 PM
Well then let's start one here. Here's mine. Built the house we live in now about 7 years ago. Weird stuff started happening as soon as we started moving in. We had unpacked a box of pictures and had set them on a table. We left for lunch and when we came back they were all laying face down. After we had settled in stuff really got weird. We'd start seeing shadowy figures. Both of us at the same time. One night we were in the den just talking and the radio on our receiver came on. Problem is we had lost the antennae so it should not have been able to pick up a station. I've been in bed asleep and had a hand touch my shoulder. Rolled over thinking it was my wife but she was asleep facing the other direction. The worst was one night our daughter woke up screaming in terror. Not scared...terrified. We ran in there and she was balled up in bed staring a hole through the closet door. Asked what was wrong and she said the snake. What snake? The big snake that is in the closet. Easy to chalk that up as a nightmare but that was at the height of us all seeing the shadow figures and cold spots in the house. Plus, the look on her face...didn't appear to be a dream. My son would also wake up scared and have stories of seeing shadowy figures and we never mentioned to them what we saw. Long story short we had several months of that being a regular occurrence. My wife decided to hang crosses in the kids' rooms and to specifically pray over them for protection during the night. All of the activity as far as our kids were concerned stopped immediately. Overall activity in the house basically quit. Every now and then something will happen you can't quite explain but much better.

Yep. I remember this one. Would've had to move

Todd4State
10-31-2016, 05:28 PM
I dated this girl from Ole Miss once. That's about as scary a story as I've got.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2016, 05:42 PM
Anyone else know of the ghost at the railroad tracks in Columbus?

BeardoMSU
10-31-2016, 05:43 PM
I dated this girl from Ole Miss once. That's about as scary a story as I've got.

I hear their back-hair is so long you can floss with it***

Duckdawg
10-31-2016, 05:47 PM
3 years ago we were at my cousin's engagement party at the Greenwood Garden Club, old, old house. One of my other cousins and I were sitting at this little wrought iron table that did not have a glass top. He set his beer down and we were talking about whatnot, when his beer slid across the table about 6-8 inches. Now mind you there should not have been any way this could happen as the top of the table was not smooth. We looked at the bottle, then looked at each other and he asked if I had seen it, I said yeah I had. We got up and moved. And by the way I was drinking lemonade as I was the DD so my wife could enjoy her champagne.

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 07:07 PM
I've never encountered a ghost personally. I used to here stories about my old highschool's gym being haunted, and such and such house being haunted, but most of the time with these things it seems like it's just people telling tall tales. Every now and then I hear one from somebody who actually seems to believe they really saw or heard something.

vv83
10-31-2016, 07:16 PM
That was actually me on the other MSU board. It on the sixpack remembers forum. I'd love to get that going again here if anyone has any

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 07:28 PM

Nope, pls tell more

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 07:33 PM
In the category of "Ledends of NE MS" there is supposedly a ghost ship on the Tombigbee River. I think it is supposedly a steamboat that caught fire and burned until she sunk way back in the day. The legend is that the flaming boat will appear as a sign of impending doom.

EDIT: http://www.cdispatch.com/opinions/article.asp?aid=37506

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a building on campus with the top floor haunted? Wanting to say it started with an M.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 07:47 PM
In the category of "Ledends of NE MS" there is supposedly a ghost ship on the Tombigbee River. I think it is supposedly a steamboat that caught fire and burned until she sunk way back in the day. The legend is that the flaming boat will appear as a sign of impending doom.

EDIT: http://www.cdispatch.com/opinions/article.asp?aid=37506

Does the rest of our football season count?

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 07:51 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a building on campus with the top floor haunted? Wanting to say it started with an M.

It's Montgomery, supposedly the Satanist club met in there for a time or some such ridiculous thing.

Harrydawg
10-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Burn to the ground.........restart after that.....

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 08:22 PM
Burn to the ground.........restart after that.....

It's probably them dang Indians

BeardoMSU
10-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Nope, pls tell more

Its some story about a woman who lost her husband, so she waits by the train track for him. I can't remember the name of the road, but its the mainstreet exit of Columbus off 45 from Starkville, through the primary part of town, and on the right down a dirt road. You go down the road, get to the tracks, take the keys out of the ignition and place them on the dash, then honk the horn 3 times. Legend goes you're suppose to see her with a lantern walking down the track. I went and did this ceremony several times my freshman year with friends, but never saw anything, but I have a friend who was several years older who swore they saw something one time; then again, every time we went, we were pretty lit, so I can only assume they were as well, so who knows, lol. It was fun at least.

We also used to go **** around with a Ouija board in the old confederate cemetery in downtown Columbus. That was creepy, but still nothing to write home about. One time when we were leaving I spotlighted at least a 12 point buck standing among the headstones. If I had a rifle, he'd be on the wall...

DogsofAnarchy
10-31-2016, 08:40 PM
I actually started a Ghost Hunting group about 12 years ago and Southeastern Historical Paranormal has been going strong ever since. Big fun but not for the faint of heart.

QUOTE=Snowman79;641681]Wasn't there a thread on here a year or so ago talking about personal ghost stories? That was some good reading. Can anyone locate that? I looked but haven't been able to.[/QUOTE]

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Three Legged Lady Road?

ETa - that is a different story in Columbus. After you told yours I remember hearing it. Three Legged Lady Road was another one - but I can't remember it after 25 years and lots of alcohol when it was being told.

Having spent most of my career in historic buildings, I had a lot of weird things happen. At the Old Governor's Mansion in Milledgeville, Ga we would smell food cooking - usually green beans - with no kitchen in the building. We created a tour of them all when I was working on Jekyll Island. My office was in a house called Villa Ospo. The owner died in it in the 1930s. He was known for enjoying fresh cut gardenias (from interviews with his gardener). You would be in the office and have a door slam shut, or a window open. When you would go and check it out, you would smell gardenias just for a moment. Nothing ever very scary, just made you know you were not alone.

TimberBeast
10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
It's Montgomery, supposedly the Satanist club met in there for a time or some such ridiculous thing.

I remember hearing that.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Three Legged Lady Road?

Yes! That jarred my memory; it's actually named Nash Rd./St.

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2016, 10:07 PM

Haha - always go with your first instincts!

BeardoMSU
10-31-2016, 10:10 PM
Haha - always go with your first instincts!

Actually, after reading stuff now, I'm pretty sure it was Armstrong Road, which must be another story.

http://www.hauntedplaces.org/item/armstrong-road-railway-tracks/

BeardoMSU
10-31-2016, 10:11 PM
Actually, after reading stuff now, I'm pretty sure it was Armstrong Road, which must be another story.

Yep, this is definitely the story that was told to me back in the day.

http://www.hauntspot.com/haunt/usa/mississippi/railroad-tracks-on-armstrong-road.shtml

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-31-2016, 10:22 PM

Yeah I heard this too. 4th Floor was locked up when I had class in there back in '96.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 11:24 PM
This was an experience my dad had that he told me. This was back in 2002. He worked at First South PCA which makes loans for agricultural purposes. He was based in Greenwood but also ran the office in Charleston. During loan season (about this time) he would work well into the night to get all the loans approved for next year and him working to midnight or later was not uncommon. The office in Charleston was built where an old church used to be. Late one night he was working and heard the sound of the typewriter in the reception area. He knew he was there alone but came out of his office to look and sure enough no one was out there. He went back into the office and not two minutes later he heard the unmistakable sound of the typewriter again. When he went out there everything was quiet. This went on a few more times. The last time the sound was someone going through the Rolodex on the receptionist's desk. My dad, too tired to be scared just decided to talk to whatever was doing that. He said, "Ghost, I know the night is your time. But I've got a lot of work to do. I don't want to be here any more than you want me here. If you'll just give me 30 more minutes I'll be done for the night and go home." He never heard another sound.

Told another story while in Charleston of driving down a road that T'ed into another one right in front of a cemetary. As he pulled up to the stop sign he looked left to check traffic. He noticed two men standing in the cemetary talking. He then looked right to check traffic and there was none so it was just a quick glance. When he looked back left to make his turn those men were gone. Wide open cemetary with nothing to hide behind unless you count headstones and in less than two seconds they went from standing there talking to not there at all.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 11:37 PM
I actually started a Ghost Hunting group about 12 years ago and Southeastern Historical Paranormal has been going strong ever since. Big fun but not for the faint of heart.

QUOTE=Snowman79;641681]Wasn't there a thread on here a year or so ago talking about personal ghost stories? That was some good reading. Can anyone locate that? I looked but haven't been able to.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest with you. Back when the stuff at my house was at its worst I was strongly considering contacting a paranormal research group. It was getting unnerving to say the least. The stuff I recounted here was not close to everything we experienced. What made it worse was that it didn't originate in this house. It originated when our daughter was born when we lived in Carroll county. It followed us when we moved to Starkville and we're in an apartment for a couple years. In fact, in that apartment my daughter refused to go in her bedroom during the day to play. She would not stay in there. She may run in long enough to get a toy but that's it. Then in our current house I described some of what happened here. I've always been one that never believed in ghosts. I'm of the opinion that when you die you're immediately in one of two places. With that frame of reference, that would mean whatever was stalking her/us from place to place was either angelic or demonic in nature. Now, I have a hard time thinking an angelic being would be in our house terrifying my children so that narrowed down the source in my mind. One thing of interest, though. The shadow beings I saw were always a jet black darker than dark. Hard to describe how black they were except to say even in a very dimly lit room where it was basically too dark to see a conventional shadow there was no trouble seeing these. Just seemed like a complete absence of light. But one time, one time the shadow being I saw was completely white. Human form but just almost a Snow White.

notsofarawaydawg
11-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Its some story about a woman who lost her husband, so she waits by the train track for him. I can't remember the name of the road, but its the mainstreet exit of Columbus off 45 from Starkville, through the primary part of town, and on the right down a dirt road. You go down the road, get to the tracks, take the keys out of the ignition and place them on the dash, then honk the horn 3 times. Legend goes you're suppose to see her with a lantern walking down the track. I went and did this ceremony several times my freshman year with friends, but never saw anything, but I have a friend who was several years older who swore they saw something one time; then again, every time we went, we were pretty lit, so I can only assume they were as well, so who knows, lol. It was fun at least.

We also used to go **** around with a Ouija board in the old confederate cemetery in downtown Columbus. That was creepy, but still nothing to write home about. One time when we were leaving I spotlighted at least a 12 point buck standing among the headstones. If I had a rifle, he'd be on the wall...

This is Armstrong Road which has officially been CLOSED due to a washed out bridge from heavy rains a year or so ago. If you come in off 182 (old 82) you can still park on the train tracks. You can't get to it anymore from the Yorkville Road direction.

There is another story like this about a road out east of the EMCC campus in Mayhew off 182. Not real familiar with that story though.

msbulldog
11-01-2016, 06:18 AM
One May I was staying in the fraternity house, I was co-oping while school was out. There were 3 other guys staying there waiting on summer school to start. One Sunday afternoon, one of those guys and I went to Phoebe to drink beer and play pinball. Needless to say we consumed a large amount of beer. When we got back to the house, he decided he wanted to go to the crossroads and wanted me to go with him, I declined as I had already had plenty of beer and had to go to work the next day.
He was killed in a car wreak that night and I was a pall bearer in his funeral.
The night of the funeral something woke me up and there he was sitting at the end of my bed. Not knowing anything else to do, I pulled the covers over my head and when I looked again he was gone.
The only explanation I have is that he came to say goodbye.
True Story.

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Summer of '94 I stayed and went to summer school hoping a couple of classes would be easier (I was half right). The day before my final in second session, I woke up from the most vivid dream I had had in a long time - even though I had no idea what the dream was about. All I knew was that I had an overwhelming urge to call my grandfather back in Marietta. I called just to say hi, and my grandmother told me he was working in the garden. I asked if she could go check on him and she said there was no need - that my dad had just gotten there to help. I asked if everything had been ok and she said everything was good. An hour later, my dad called back and said that Granddaddy had had a heart attack right as I called - Grandmother couldn't see the garden from from the den and had no idea. I called my professor and got the OK put off my final a week to go see my granddaddy. It had me so freaked out no way I could take a final.

EdDawg
11-01-2016, 09:28 AM
I have several stories that involve one house in Starkville during my years at state.

This was the house my brother, cousins, and I lived in during our time at state. Usually there were three people living there at any given time and most of us have a strange story or two about the house.

My first freaky occurrence happen one day I was at the house alone reading a book for one of my classes. All the sudden I hear a loud crash in another room and get up to go check it out. A golf bag full of clubs that was leaning on its stand had fallen over. Normally no big deal but it was the type of stand that kicks out when the bag is set down and is pretty stable, on top of that the bag had not been moved in weeks. I spent the rest of the afternoon in the library on campus.

The second strange event actually happen to my friend during my senior year. It was only him and I living at the house at the time. I was on campus one night and get a call from him asking if I had been at the house in the past 20 minutes. I told him that I had been on campus all day, not much else was said, but I could tell he had been freaked out.
I get back to the house later and he tells me what happened. He was in the bathroom and all the sudden there was a knock on the bathroom door, he says, "just one second." After he says this the door handle begins to turn so he grabs the handle and locks it, and says "give me a second." Then he hears knocking on the door again. Finally he opens the door and no one is there he walks around the house to check all the doors and all are locked. After he told me this story we checked all the closets to make sure no one was in there house and we found nothing.

Last strange event happened after I graduated and came back to state to work on my masters. It was early February and I was living by myself in the house as it had been a late decision for me to come back to state. At the time I had no internet or tv service so my downtime consisted of just playing Xbox. One night I was sitting in my recliner playing Xbox and all the sudden I hear this sound as if someone had run their hand down the plastic blinds that were on the window about 10 feet in front of me. I got up walked out of the house and stayed with a friend that night.

Taog Redloh
11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Starkvegasdawg34 - do you or your wife have that ESP stuff? My personal opinion is that the spiritual realm is incredibly real, but you have to have an open mind towards it (which isn't good, per the Bible). Plus, some people can naturally see it, and they have to work harder to avoid it (the shining, so to speak). Sounds like ya'll have a little of that. To me, there aren't many places left that don't at least have a LITTLE history of death or whatever, so theoretically that demonic type stuff can pop up anywhere.

I've always thought that the spiritual realm was angels and demons rather than actual spirits. They say if you see a relative and feel any fear whatsoever....avoid. The enemy comes in sheep's clothing and all. Freaky stuff.

Taog Redloh
11-01-2016, 09:44 AM
There is a cemetery right outside Macon going east on 14 towards Louisville, on the south side of the road. I pulled off in that parking lot once at night to fumble around in the car for something. Saw an old dude out there sitting on a headstone. Got freaked out and drove off, and looked back and dude was gone. That's all I got.

starkvegasdawg
11-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Starkvegasdawg34 - do you or your wife have that ESP stuff? My personal opinion is that the spiritual realm is incredibly real, but you have to have an open mind towards it (which isn't good, per the Bible). Plus, some people can naturally see it, and they have to work harder to avoid it (the shining, so to speak). Sounds like ya'll have a little of that. To me, there aren't many places left that don't at least have a LITTLE history of death or whatever, so theoretically that demonic type stuff can pop up anywhere.

I've always thought that the spiritual realm was angels and demons rather than actual spirits. They say if you see a relative and feel any fear whatsoever....avoid. The enemy comes in sheep's clothing and all. Freaky stuff.

To my knowledge, no. I agree with you that I believe the spiritual realm is only angels and demons and not Uncle Bob that just decided to hang around his old house and turn the TV on at 3:00am. That's what worried me about what all we have experienced because I have a hard time believing anything angelic would be down here scaring our kids half to death. Us too, for that matter. I remember one night my son waking up screaming and crying and you could tell it was not just the normal waking up in the middle of the night. I felt guilty because although I never physically hesitated getting up and going into his room as fast as I could, I mentally hesitated very much so. I had NO desire to open that door and go in there. I'm just glad that has appeared to be a thing of the past now at least as far as the kids go. Every now and then I will still see something not quite right, but as long as they are leaving the family alone I can deal with it.

Taog Redloh
11-01-2016, 10:50 AM
To my knowledge, no. I agree with you that I believe the spiritual realm is only angels and demons and not Uncle Bob that just decided to hang around his old house and turn the TV on at 3:00am. That's what worried me about what all we have experienced because I have a hard time believing anything angelic would be down here scaring our kids half to death. Us too, for that matter. I remember one night my son waking up screaming and crying and you could tell it was not just the normal waking up in the middle of the night. I felt guilty because although I never physically hesitated getting up and going into his room as fast as I could, I mentally hesitated very much so. I had NO desire to open that door and go in there. I'm just glad that has appeared to be a thing of the past now at least as far as the kids go. Every now and then I will still see something not quite right, but as long as they are leaving the family alone I can deal with it.

You're right on the fear. That, the darkness, and time (bewitching hour of 2-3 am) are not the tools of the Lord. If it quacks like a duck....you know the rest. Upon reading further, it seems you daughter might be attracting it through her natural abilities.

Good news is, that stuff is easily defeated.

Political Hack
11-01-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm going to make my 7 year old read this thread tonight before he goes to bed.

patinodawg
11-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Me and some guy climbed up to window at top and got in there. Was just a bunch of melted candles and a penatagram drawn in chalk on floor. Guess some freaks had a few seances in there. We were hammered. Think that ladder is gone now.

EngDawg
11-01-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm going to make my 7 year old read this thread tonight before he goes to bed.

Haha, if you like getting woken up by your kid seeing spokes than go right ahead

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2016, 12:46 PM

I always was told it was Nash Rd. too. I had a roommate from Columbus, and we would pile into his Z28 and go screaming down Nash Rd. looking for the ghost. We were seeing double, but never saw the ghost.

iPat09
11-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Supposedly the third floor of Cromwell at The W is haunted by Cromwell himself. I was only there for three semesters, but being on newspaper staff, me and some others spent many long nights in the building. I never saw or heard anything myself, but there were reports of other students hearing footsteps when nobody else was in the building. Of course, we always joked that the ghost of Cromwell locked and unlocked the building, because the 4 sets of doors at the front never seemed to have the same ones unlocked throughout the week.

Political Hack
11-01-2016, 01:48 PM
King's Tavern in Natchez reportedly has a nice old lady that lives upstairs.

EdDawg
11-01-2016, 02:56 PM
If you want to read some freaky stuff look up "old hag syndrome" (basically sleep paralysis) and read people's accounts.

I had this happen to me when I was a teenager and it's a really strange feeling especially if your mind starts playing tricks on you during.

Mjoelner34
11-01-2016, 03:10 PM
A day late with this and its not even my story but its pretty good.

A friend of mine bought a house in Aberdeen built just after the civil war. He experienced several strange occurrences such as his dog barking at the wall, a handful of nails from the civil war era showing up on his kitchen counter, Christmas ornaments relocating themselves on a table while he was at work …etc. but this one tops the list.

On a rainy afternoon while he and his wife were watching tv, he heard somebody banging on the front door. The dog even went to the door barking. He checks, nobody is there, nobody on the porch, nobody on the sidewalk, no wet footprints. A couple of hours later and the same exact thing happens again. And again, nobody is there.

As he and his wife go upstairs to get ready for bed that night, he notices something wrong in the upstairs hallway. This hallway is around 10 feet wide so he has a couple of tables with photos on them in the hallway. Several of the photos are knocked over on one table and there is a photo missing from another table. The missing photo turns out to be under the table. How did it fall and get under the table? About that time he hears his wife mumbling something in the bedroom. In the bedroom the top to her jewelry box has been lifted off of the box and is lying across the room with the handle broken off. Nothing is missing from the box. He just writes all of this off as the typical weird shit that goes on in his house.

Now for the bad part, sometime during the night he wakes up and has to take a leak. Like most everybody, he knows his house and can navigate to the bathroom without turning on any lights. Plus, he said the ambient light from the streetlight outside was plenty. As he is standing there in the dark taking a leak, the floor lamp behind him in the bathroom turns on by itself! He told me that he didn’t even break stream. He just thought to himself “Man, that’s some 17’d up shit.” and went back to bed. He has since sold the house. I don’t if he mentioned the strange happenings though.

Mjoelner34
11-01-2016, 03:16 PM

You're talking about Friendship Cemetery. I always thought it's be cool to find a body-paint/make-up artist and dress up a young girl like the weeping angel and put her on a different tomb when they were having their Tales From The Crypt stuff over there and start moving around a little. I bet you clear out the graveyard pretty damn quick!
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000Ojl5WPzrmB4/fit=1000x750/042110-friendship-cemetery-angel-Columbus-013.jpg

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2016, 03:32 PM
One of my friends had an encounter. He and his wife were staying at a hotel in the delta somewhere which supposedly was haunted. She was kind of interested but he didn't care at all. He wakes up during the night and sees a ghost of an old man sitting in the chair in the room. He said he just looked at him for a few minutes making sure he wasn't seeing things. He turns on the lamp beside the bed and the guy disappeared. He didn't sleep for the rest of the night and they left after that.

chainedup_Dawg
11-01-2016, 04:25 PM
My family has a cabin at Pickwick. A few things have happened but nothing too crazy. My uncle has heard voices and so has my mother. To the point where my uncle, a 50 something old man won't go inside when he goes up there to mow or check on the place. My folks had rented it for a little while to a guy and later evicted him. After tearing out the carpet and replacing it, my uncle said they had found some kid stuff in the cabin but there were never kids there. Fast forward...

Last year me, my wife and my two kids, 11 year old boy and 5 year old girl went up for labor day weekend.we had heard my 5 year old girl giggling and talking to herself each night. When we got back to our house my daughter had grabbed a black and white photo that was taken back in the 50s. We weren't even sure who the people were but knew they weren't alive. I asked my daughter where she got the picture. She said "I got it from the cabin, that's my new friend Sarah".

My wife and I just looked at each other like oh shit!

Dobberdawg
11-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Was that house on Greensboro Street next to Starkville Middle School?

When I lived there in 1998-99 here's what happened:

Front screen door slamming between 3-4 in the morning several times a week when all we're sacked out.

Everybody in the front room watching a movie when kitchen cabinets start slamming shut. We go check and find all the cabinet doors opened.

There's a picture of me standing beside my brother's truck with a wispy looking thing beside me ( kind of like all those pictures w/the little boy and the flash of light in "6th sense")

The best (worst) for last- someone grabs my foot early one morning and I figured it was my big brother trying to get me up for PT but it's actually a dude in a flannel shirt tucked into jeans w/a 50s looking haircut standing there. I jump up and he disappears.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Was that house on Greensboro Street next to Starkville Middle School?

I remember that house from when I went to school there back in the late 70's. All us kids were scared of it cause everyone said it was haunted. Never did hear the story behind it and had forgotten about it cause it's been so long.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-02-2016, 01:05 AM
I'm reading this thread right now at my kitchen table with my back to the sliding glass door that goes to the deck. No blinds just a big window looking out into the darkness. Pow! an acorn falls on the hood of my truck and I jump like a 17'n cat. I'm not scared of anything like Jason or the wolfman or anything like that. I get freaked out by the unknown. Good night, I'm going to bed and hope I don't have a nightmare.

vv83
11-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I lived at 514 S Washington street (the huge house behind the pig) for a year in college. Two things happened that freaked me out 1 explained 1 not.
The first - there's a basement to that house but the landlord kept his personal tools and equipment in there so it was always chained and locked shut from the outside while the inside door had been nailed shut. anyway, one day I was walking around back and noticed the chain had been cut. I peeked inside and you could easily tell someone had tried getting into the house through the door that was nailed shut. Not a big deal but kinda creepy to think about.
The second - on the second floor of that house there was a kitchenette that had a small door that would lead into this creepy tiny room. We always called in the jew room for whatever reason. anyway, when we moved in there was a mattress setup in the middle of that room for whatever reason. So around December of that year we all notice something valuable of ours had gone missing. My engraved knife my dad gave me when he left for afghanistan, one roommates grandfathers duck calls, another roommates flask his dad got him for his 21st. Just something small but meaningful to all of us. We immediately started blaming each other for messing with our stuff then when we realized none of us had did it thought someone came in and robbed us but the tv and anything else of value hadn't been touched. a few days later for whatever reason I peek my head in the jew room and all our stuff is perfectly laid out on the mattress in the middle of that tiny room. for whatever reason that really freaked me out and none of us have ever talked about it. I still like to think it was one of them playing a trick on us and he just never came forward.