PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under on times Fitz sacked the next 2 weeks?

lamont
10-31-2016, 08:31 AM
I'll set it at 10

dawgday166
10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
That's just for the Bammer game. I'm thinking more like 15+.

Caveat - Fitz is pretty quick and elusive. He may get back to the LOS a few of those time negating a sack.

Drugdog
10-31-2016, 09:50 AM
I really hope he doesn't get hurt.

Jack Lambert
10-31-2016, 09:53 AM

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-31-2016, 09:55 AM
I legitimately feel sorry for Fitz having to play these games coming up. I hope he is able to avoid major injuries.

He is going to take Kevin Fant level beatings and people are going to complain that Fitz is garbage.

Thick
10-31-2016, 10:12 AM
I legitimately feel sorry for Fitz having to play these games coming up. I hope he is able to avoid major injuries.

He is going to take Kevin Fant level beatings and people are going to complain that Fitz is garbage.

That's gold Jerry, GOLD!!

HereComesTheSpiral
10-31-2016, 10:55 AM

They said sacks not number of injuries he is likely to get over the next 4 weeks***

Jack Lambert
10-31-2016, 10:59 AM
They said sacks not number of injuries he is likely to get over the next 4 weeks***

He is big and fast enough to get out of trouble. He might only get a half yard but he will tuck and run.

lamont
10-31-2016, 11:03 AM
He is big and fast enough to get out of trouble. He might only get a half yard but he will tuck and run.

Dakota could run too- but Bama got him 9 times. No way Bama gets less than 5 against us

tcdog70
10-31-2016, 11:09 AM
Dakota could run too- but Bama got him 9 times. No way Bama gets less than 5 against us

run the ball, shorten the game and don't take sacks. Bama plays mostly man , drop back then haul ass. And then take the loss and move on.

Jack Lambert
10-31-2016, 11:10 AM

Daks became a pass first QB in his senior year. Fitz is not a pass first. He will tuck and run.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2016, 11:28 AM

Yeah, Fant got killed because most of the players laid down and didn't block, because they wanted another quarterback. Fant had the potential to be a great quarterback, but no support. Those players should have been benched but they weren't . This offensive line just doesn't seem to know any fundamentals on blocking. Thanks, Hev for your coaching contributions.

Johnson85
10-31-2016, 01:18 PM

How many actual sacks there are depend a lot on the decision of the QB. I don't know how many sacks Fitz is going to take as that will depend a lot on how willing he is to throw it away or up for grabs, but I know that he's going to get hit and hit hard a lot.

And Eric Neis Grind Time hit the nail on the head. Fitz, if he plays like he has been, is about to willingly stand there and take more or less free shots by some of the best athletes in college football because he's playing behind a lot of players that either can't or won't block, and people are going to complain about him sucking.

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2016, 02:00 PM
I will take the over. Myles Garrett is going to be lining up on Rankin, let that sink in for a minute. Garrett may break the SEC record for sacks in a game unless we roll to the right every play. If Rankin doesn't get called for holding at least 3 times it is because he doesn't put his hands on him enough for the refs to call it.

Bama is probably going to sack Fitz with the backs of our Oline. We are too weak to block Bama's Dline if we can't handle FCS linemen.

Bothrops
10-31-2016, 02:58 PM
There will be at least a few players break their personal game records against us in the next two weeks.

dawgday166
10-31-2016, 03:43 PM

When the whole pocket collapses around him in a sea of red, all of whom can run as fast of faster than he can (including the DLinemen), there ain't nowhere to run.

Our OLine is MUCH worse than last year too.

Coursesuper
10-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Let's see, we will be playing from behind in theses games that means throwing the ball a good bit, 7 this week, 8 or more next, 5 with upig and 6 more with the bears. 26 but I would bet the over.

DogsofAnarchy
10-31-2016, 10:31 PM
Exacta says 16......

I'll set it at 10

GTHOM
10-31-2016, 11:08 PM
500 x 3.14

EngDawg
10-31-2016, 11:09 PM
Easy over

bulldawg28
11-01-2016, 06:40 AM
Yeah, Fant got killed because most of the players laid down and didn't block, because they wanted another quarterback. Fant had the potential to be a great quarterback, but no support. Those players should have been benched but they weren't . This offensive line just doesn't seem to know any fundamentals on blocking. Thanks, Hev for your coaching contributions.

Not true. There was no Qb controversy with Fant. We were a running team that all of a sudden wanted to throw the ball because of Sparky woods. The OL wasn't built for that. It's the same problem Arky is having.

parabrave
11-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Fitz better go to the Superstore and buy every roll of super charmin and stuff his uniform Saturday cause he gonna be needing all the cushion he can get.

chef dixon
11-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Is our offensive line good? No. But its being blown out of proportion to other issues with this team this year. Defense in particular.

-We are 6th in the SEC in yards/attempt rushing. Every single one of our ball carriers is averaging at least 4 yards per carry. We do not use our particular ball carriers in an efficient manner which causes the O-line to take more heat than it deserves.

-6 other SEC quarterbacks have been sacked more than Fitzgerald and for the most part he hasn't necessarily been "running for his life," granted he will be over the next two games.

-Fitz with a completion % of 56 (9th in the SEC) and a yards per pass attempt of 6.7 (11th in the SEC) is a big reason why we stall out on drives. Keep in mind that number is probably hugely inflated after airing it out on mighty Samford. Needless to say, we should be running it more with our younger backs. Fitz lacks the ability to make the accurate check down for 5-10 yard gains which is what was essentially our running game last year.

Treemydawg
11-01-2016, 09:01 PM
After crunching some numbers on probale number of plays ran, run plays vs pass plays, and numbers of sacks allowed this season I came up with a likely total 147,000 sacks the next two games****