PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it, but we should be 6-2!

Thick
10-31-2016, 06:31 AM
When you look back at the season up to this point, there really is no excuse. 6-2 for the love of Pete, while Johnny Reb is sweating becoming bowl eligible. This is a direct result of the Yankee going through the motions while his mind and attention is really elsewhere, particularly with what jobs will be available this offseason.

I have not said the Yankee needs to be fired, but his attitude in his post game shows really tells all. The Bulldog nation is really beginning to notice and the retaliation has begun. Lots of people this weekend saying they are done with the Yankee. These next 4 games are going to be straight up prison rapes. It's really unacceptable for us to be in this situation, and we better hope that the Yankee can make something happen that will somehow get Purdue/Boston College to offer him a job. That's our only hope, because next year year will be the same under the Yankee.

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2016, 07:42 AM
And it is compounded by so many mistakes that seem like they were avoidable for any coach who was dialed in
- not naming a starting QB after spring so the offense could unite behind 1 guy
- not recognizing a leadership vacuum before the first game of the season and having to "show" the team he was right by letting D Williams fail
- not recognizing that after 5 DC's in 7 years, switching to a new DC and a new 3-4 scheme was a terrible idea - and a PAC12 scheme to boot!
- not adjusting his game planning to the team we have and planning for the team he wants (Relf O vs. Dak O)
- not going with younger talent over experience when it is obvious the kid is the better player

You toss that in a pot and all that makes is shit stew. It leaves you ZERO room for error. And if you know anything about the history of MSU football, it is that those Dead Injuns will always give us no room for error. And, here we are at 3-5. Now, I'm about the most positive sunshine guy on this board. I'd like nothing more than to see Mullen turn it around. We have tremendous young talent that is starting to impact games for us. But, without some terrific performances down the stretch - like a major upset, or hell, just keeping us in the 4 games for all 4 quarters - I'll be very skeptical of Dan being able to adapt and do what it takes to get us back on track.

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2016, 08:07 AM
Y'all act like it is all Dans fault. Wtf does the blame come on the players. You can put people in position to make plays and they are the only one who can make the play.

So all this shit of it being Dan is bs the players have just as much responsibility as Dan does in all of this.

I seen it dawg
10-31-2016, 08:11 AM
No they don't. Not close. Mullen did a below piss poor job resetting the direction of the program with Dak leaving.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 08:14 AM
I hate to say it but we aren't 6-2. We are 3-5. I can't sit and dwell on what we should be because then I get pissed and start wanting to throw and hit things and considering I am at work now that might not be my wisest career move.

Irondawg
10-31-2016, 08:17 AM
Y'all act like it is all Dans fault. Wtf does the blame come on the players. You can put people in position to make plays and they are the only one who can make the play.

So all this shit of it being Dan is bs the players have just as much responsibility as Dan does in all of this.

Some of this is true but while we certainly have a lot of execution problems we also have a ton of "effort" problems on the D as a whole and the WR and OL blocking. Effort always comes down to the players but the coaches have allowed it to some degree. We had a lot of effort problems at KY - usually the coaches call that stuff out during film and practice. But this week you actually saw less effort at times and that's what is frustrating.

On D we don't have guys flying around the ball and gang-tackling. We have idiots throat slashing after not really doing anything. The coaches are responsible for not letting guys develop bad habits or sitting those that don't want to get with the program. That doesn't seem to have happened except for the SC game.

And besides Fitz, F. Green and maybe D. Gray, name me some guys that you think are "better" this year than they were last year.

Dawgbite
10-31-2016, 08:19 AM
I really hate you said it too.

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2016, 08:22 AM
Three plays from being 6-2. Plays that players have to make. Dan can't make the plays for them.

Yes Dan deserve as much blame as the players but players have to take responsibility also.

I seen it dawg
10-31-2016, 08:31 AM
He is bouncing the boat off the rocks not driving it straight.

Bully13
10-31-2016, 08:33 AM
If a frog had wings.....

TrapGame
10-31-2016, 08:35 AM
Three plays from being 6-2. Plays that players have to make. Dan can't make the plays for them.

Yes Dan deserve as much blame as the players but players have to take responsibility also.

It was Dan's coaching and staff decisions that put is the horrible position of games hanging on one play.

The conductor doesn't wreck the train, the engineer does.

Taog Redloh
10-31-2016, 08:35 AM
Yes, we should, but we aren't. The good thing is, it gives hope to next year (unless you look at the OL/DL). Better start praying to the JUCO gods...

Thick
10-31-2016, 08:39 AM

Well....I got news for you. Players feed off of their coaches passion, intensity, and focus. When they read that their HC is trying to get the hell out of dodge it sends a message. If you don't like recruiting or take it lightly, you don't need to coach in the SEC west. If you create an atmosphere of older players will ALWAYS be considered starters regardless of the talent of underclassmen, then a sense of entitlement takes over, and competitiveness ceases to exist.

How many games have we lost under the Yankee, because our kicker misses a clutch FG? Why do we always rely on walk-ones for this position? Did you watch AU vs OM? Both teams have excellent kickers, and AU has ALWAYS had that tradition. If Brandon Bryant starts or even plays this weekend, then who's responsible for allowing it and why? That kid talks shit on Twitter, and then he loafs, takes bad angles, and sometimes jogs when in pursuit....fastest player on the team!

Don't get me wrong, you have a valid point, and I agree, but it all starts with the Yankee.

Todd4State
10-31-2016, 08:51 AM
When the same consistent problems are team wide and most of the problems are due to effort it's 100% on the coach. I think part of the problem based on how our players act on Twitter towards are fans is they think they do work hard. I have a feeling that's not really the case though.

SheltonChoked
10-31-2016, 09:21 AM
I blame Dan for continuing to run Brandon Bryant out there, He should have been benched and his helmet taken to the locker room for his "effort", if you can call it that, on Saturday. Odell Bradley thought Bryant got beat bad. I'd like to see Dan start benching players for no effort.

Lag on a play, Come watch for a while.

QuadrupleOption
10-31-2016, 09:25 AM
When you look back at the season up to this point, there really is no excuse. 6-2 for the love of Pete, while Johnny Reb is sweating becoming bowl eligible. This is a direct result of the Yankee going through the motions while his mind and attention is really elsewhere, particularly with what jobs will be available this offseason.

I have not said the Yankee needs to be fired, but his attitude in his post game shows really tells all. The Bulldog nation is really beginning to notice and the retaliation has begun. Lots of people this weekend saying they are done with the Yankee. These next 4 games are going to be straight up prison rapes. It's really unacceptable for us to be in this situation, and we better hope that the Yankee can make something happen that will somehow get Purdue/Boston College to offer him a job. That's our only hope, because next year year will be the same under the Yankee.

If we had a field goal kicker (apparently a healthy one anyway) we'd have beaten USA and BYU and sitting at 5-3. Shit happens and players have to get it done when given the opportunity.