PDA

View Full Version : Coming in for the A&M- Miss St. game

niceagg
10-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Bringing my family in for the game this weekend, wondering if we could get some recommendations for best food joints? Thanks in advance

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 11:48 PM
I hear our secondary is pretty tasty after being smoked. Should be plenty for everyone Saturday

Beaver
10-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Breakfast - City Bagel Cafe, Shipley's Donuts, and Starkville Cafe

Lunch/Sunday Brunch - Restaurant Tyler, Stromboli's (italian/pizza joint), Mugshots (burgers), Bulldog Burger Company, Little Dooey (BBQ), Veranda (good Blue Plate specials)

Dinner - Harvey's (great Prime Rib), Central Station Grill, Thai Slam, Dave's Dark Horse Tavern (good Chicago deep dish pizza), Umi (Hibachi)

Treemydawg
10-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Depends what you are looking for. Steaks I would say The Veranda, good service, great food, and the Chef/ owner is a great dude and a good dawg. Pizza you need to try Daves dark horse tavern. Don't judge it on looks, little rough looking
on the outside but damn they make the best pizza I've ever had. Wings are pretty good too. Barbecue is a toss up. There are a couple good places but Petty's gets the nod from me as the best. ETA I forgot all about Umi. Hibachi steak and shrimp with rice and veggies are the tits. You won't regret it.

CJDAWG85
10-31-2016, 12:04 AM
Two Brothers

It_Could_Happen
10-31-2016, 12:48 AM
Breakfast: Starkville Cafe but be prepared to wait

Lunch: Two Brothers (best hidden gem in town)

Dinner: veranda, Harvey's, The Grill, all good choices.

BeastMan
10-31-2016, 05:19 AM
Breakfast: City Bagel (Sausage, Egg, and garlic herb cream cheese on red pepper Parmesan)
Lunch: There is a great BBQ debate b/t Little Duey & Petty's. On game day, I'd chose LD for location & experience.
Dinner: Veranda or Restaurant Tyler.

Unfortunately, the 11am kickoff kills tailgating but a stroll around the Junction (area behind south endzone) might be more family friendly in the morning if you catch my drift. I imagine y'all will have a great time and enjoy a comfortable victory. Safe travels.

Jarius
10-31-2016, 07:57 AM
Can anyone tell me the best place to watch the bama/LSU game after our game ends? I would rather go to a local spot rather than BWW. Thanks.

BeastMan
10-31-2016, 08:10 AM
Can anyone tell me the best place to watch the bama/LSU game after our game ends? I would rather go to a local spot rather than BWW. Thanks.

Dave's, Camphouse, Hobie's on Main

BulldogBear
10-31-2016, 09:14 AM
Breakfast: Starkville Cafe but be prepared to wait

Lunch: Two Brothers (best hidden gem in town)

Dinner: veranda, Harvey's, The Grill, all good choices.
Follow ^^this guy's^^ advice. I did when I came to spend several days for the SEC softball tournament and wanted to try some new stuff. Two Brothers is what he says. THE best hidden gem in town. I recommend pimento cheese fritters, the wings ,and the bbq grilled cheese. They have a small bar as well.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-31-2016, 10:46 AM
Bringing my family in for the game this weekend, wondering if we could get some recommendations for best food joints? Thanks in advance

If you are staying in Columbus

Steak- Old Hickory but expect a wait
BBQ- Hanks is pretty consistent
Bar food- Zacharys
Cajun- prophets porch
Seafood- Golden Horn

LC Dawg
10-31-2016, 11:18 AM

You've been given the best food recommendations so there's nothing I can add about that but I would like to wish you a great visit to Starkville. I went to College Station for our game last year and had a fantastic time. Aggies are great hosts. We were constantly stopped and asked how our visit was going and received a lot of recommendations. We didn't get to do as much as we would have liked due to some work stuff but we plan to go back.

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2016, 11:33 AM
I'll throw in Oby's, too. Didn't see it mentioned. And before you go head by Strangebrew and get a mudslide or albino squirrel.

DawgFromOxford
10-31-2016, 11:45 AM
If you got little ones and are looking for some dessert. Churn and Spoon is great (but pricey). Bop's is a solid choice. Holli's is a candy store right off the downtown area.

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2016, 01:02 PM
I'll throw in Oby's, too. Didn't see it mentioned. And before you go head by Strangebrew and get a mudslide or albino squirrel.

Oby's has the best muffuletta you will find outside of New Orleans. They also have great waffle fries with rotel cheese.

Political Hack
10-31-2016, 04:09 PM
Love Oby's. It'll be packed on game day too, but it's so good.

drunkernhelldawg
10-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Breakfast - City Bagel Cafe, Shipley's Donuts, and Starkville Cafe

Lunch/Sunday Brunch - Restaurant Tyler, Stromboli's (italian/pizza joint), Mugshots (burgers), Bulldog Burger Company, Little Dooey (BBQ), Veranda (good Blue Plate specials)

Dinner - Harvey's (great Prime Rib), Central Station Grill, Thai Slam, Dave's Dark Horse Tavern (good Chicago deep dish pizza), Umi (Hibachi)

Add Oby's and perfect working list.

FISHDAWG
10-31-2016, 05:36 PM
I hear our secondary is pretty tasty after being smoked. Should be plenty for everyone Saturday

try it next week when it's deep fried

Op4isabitch
10-31-2016, 06:22 PM
1. Big Bad Breakfast
2. Ajax Dinner
3. City Grocery

Enjoy yourself and take your team to some of these fine establishments, Sumlin will probably love the Library. I recommend he spends Friday night there with some assistants.

gravedigger
10-31-2016, 06:59 PM

Bulldog burger. Stagger in, Anthony's (west point). Nightengale's Pantry (west point)

Red Sox Dawg
10-31-2016, 08:24 PM
Two Brothers

What he said.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
Two Brothers

^^This right here...get the smoked pepper tacos.

niceagg
11-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone. No little ones coming this time, but I came a couple years ago when you guys smoked us. Sounds like Two Brothers is the spot so we may give that a shot.

It_Could_Happen
11-02-2016, 02:31 AM
Thanks everyone. No little ones coming this time, but I came a couple years ago when you guys smoked us. Sounds like Two Brothers is the spot so we may give that a shot.

You will not be disappointed. Get pimento cheese fritters and bbq grilled cheese with debris fries