PDA

View Full Version : Whew, 2014 Bama game Dak showed up tonight

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:04 PM
First time I've seen Dak look completely clueless on the field in the NFL.

He's a great player, but I think enough film is out there on him now & Philly is showing him somethings that he's never seen before.

Just seems to be alligator arming it out there tonight & not letting it loose & playing with confidence.

You often times see this happen with a great young players. Plays extremely well - film gets out - weaknesses are exposed - player makes adjustments - player has a long successful career.

Every young player goes through this though. It's part of the learning process. No QB comes into the NFL with everything figured out.

maroonmania
10-30-2016, 10:07 PM
Yep, and the Cowboy receivers look just like MSU receivers with their lack of separation from defenders. No doubt Dak is not having a good night but the Cowboys can't run the ball and the Cowboy receivers are not getting any breathing room while Dak is getting all kind of pressure in the pocket.

Bdawg
10-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Definately having a rough go of it tonight. Not seeing a few open receivers either. Eagles D is pretty good too

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:10 PM
I think this is an off week sluggish performance tonight. So many people say that off wees help you, & they are a must through the duration of the season, but I believe most teams are rusty & out of rhythm when they come back from one.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Definately having a rough go of it tonight. Not seeing a few open receivers either. Eagles D is pretty good too

He's late with some throws & not throwing the ball to right guy as well, which is causing much of that.

GTHOM
10-30-2016, 10:12 PM
I think this is an off week sluggish performance tonight. So many people say that off wees help you, & they are a must through the duration of the season, but I believe most teams are rusty & out of rhythm when they come back from one.

I agree. Off weeks can throw you off. Its better in my opinion to play a bad team coming off a bye

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Sad thing is, this is probably all the Cowboys need to go back to Romo & that means Dak won't be able to immediately come back from this.

All QBs have these type of games. Eli Manning a 2 or 3 a year, but Dak basically has to play perfect right now due to the situation.

MetEdDawg
10-30-2016, 10:15 PM
I believe this is the first time he's seen a wide 9 defense. It seems to be affecting him. But he seems to be trying a little too hard. Might be an effect of Romo being back at practice.

maroonmania
10-30-2016, 10:15 PM

True but its harder to survey the field when you've got pass rushers bearing down on you. Doesn't seem like the Cowboys have done many hot routes tonight given all the pressure the Eagles are bringing.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:16 PM
I believe this is the first time he's seen a wide 9 defense. It seems to be affecting him. But he seems to be trying a little too hard. Might be an effect of Romo being back at practice.

Maybe. He's alligator armed numerous passes tonight & not looked confident in arm & read.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:16 PM
Dallas' biggest mistake tonight was not throwing him more on first down & allowing him to find a rhythm.

Bdawg
10-30-2016, 10:20 PM
True but its harder to survey the field when you've got pass rushers bearing down on you. Doesn't seem like the Cowboys have done many hot routes tonight given all the pressure the Eagles are bringing.

I was wondering where have all the quick routes to Beasley gone? Eagles D line definitely getting more pressure than Dallas D. Wentz has all freaking day.

And now hits Beasley as I type

GTHOM
10-30-2016, 10:22 PM
If a bad game for Dak is just 1 turnover and still being in the game late against this good of a defense, that should tell you all you need to know

Bdawg
Damn. Big holding call takes huge play away.

ShotgunDawg
Another thing is that Dez came back tonight. Cole Beasley hasn't even been targeted & he's been Dak's number 1 receiver.

It looks like the coaching staff got ants in their pants & decided with Dez back, they were going to force things to him.

ShotgunDawg
Damn. Big holding call takes huge play away.

Terrible call. Had no bearing on the play

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:23 PM
If a bad game for Dak is just 1 turnover and still being in the game late against this good of a defense, that should tell you all you need to know

Yeah, but apparently Romo is the best QB in human history. So, the expectation is that, if Dak doesn't play perfect, they go back with Romo

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:30 PM
He's a playmaker though. Just win baby

sleepy dawg
10-30-2016, 10:30 PM

He's a great player, but I think enough film is out there on him now & Philly is showing him somethings that he's never seen before.

Just seems to be alligator arming it out there tonight & not letting it loose & playing with confidence.

You often times see this happen with a great young players. Plays extremely well - film gets out - weaknesses are exposed - player makes adjustments - player has a long successful career.

Every young player goes through this though. It's part of the learning process. No QB comes into the NFL with everything figured out.

And yet, here he goes again!

rolodawg
10-30-2016, 10:31 PM
Not so fast.......

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:33 PM
Not so fast.......

Agree, but this is why he's elite.

He's a competitive MOFO & never gives up. He'll get your ass sooner or later

breazy
10-30-2016, 10:36 PM
Recievers alligator arm you dolt. Think gator chomp ar the ball in the air.

maroonmania
10-30-2016, 10:37 PM
Well, Dak will get his shot a the game winning drive now.

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2016, 10:38 PM
Another thing is that Dez came back tonight. Cole Beasley hasn't even been targeted & he's been Dak's number 1 receiver.

It looks like the coaching staff got ants in their pants & decided with Dez back, they were going to force things to him.

It is difficult to know exactly just watching TV. However it looks to me that the Eagles are playing press 1on1 coverage with Bryant. Dak is seeing that and throwing towards Bryant. (When the throw is to Bryant.). However the Eagles CB is doing a helluva job on Bryant.

maroonmania
10-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Dez broke out and then back in was the reason the throw was off. If he had just broken in the ball would have been right there for the catch.

Bdawg
10-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Where is the screen pass for all that pressure, cowboys!!!

Treemydawg
10-30-2016, 10:42 PM

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-30-2016, 10:44 PM
They haven't done him any favors with the long developing routes. Need some screens to Zeke to slow the rush down. Where's the little hitches to Whitten and crosses to Beasley. Wentz has had 40 passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Bdawg
10-30-2016, 10:47 PM
How stupid is holding on punt return at the line of scrimmage

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2016, 10:50 PM
How stupid is holding on punt return at the line of scrimmage

I'm telling ya! Feels like I'm watching State. Something good happens, I look around for the flag.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm telling ya! Feels like I'm watching State. Something good happens, I look around for the flag.

Yeah, it's that kind of night

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Wentz has 32 completions for 202 yards. That's 6 yards per COMPLETION.

Dallas is going to have to slow down that pass rush with some screens or draws. They are going to have to get the ball out of Dak's hands.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Wentz has 32 completions for 202 yards. That's 6 yards per COMPLETION.

Dallas is going to have to slow down that pass rush with some screens or draws. They are going to have to get the ball out of Dak's hands.

The game plan for Dallas tonight on offense has been awful. It's like Philly is doing things they haven't done all year

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:58 PM
Why do coaches run it up the middle on 3rd & 4th & short all the time?

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-30-2016, 11:03 PM
WHO DAK!!!!

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Really Shotgun. When I saw this thread I thought Dallas was down by two TDs. Then I turned it on NBC only to see Dak to Whitten for the game winning TD. Great call there Shotgun.

maroonmania
10-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Beautiful change of direction from Dak in the pocket there to free himself for the game winning TD throw!

Political Hack
10-30-2016, 11:06 PM
This just in: Dak is good.

Every time someone doubts him, he shows up.

ElectroDawg
10-30-2016, 11:08 PM
That's my Dawg!

RougeDawg
10-30-2016, 11:09 PM
Really Shotgun. When I saw this thread I thought Dallas was down by two TDs. Then I turned it on NBC only to see Dak to Whitten for the game winning TD. Great call there Shotgun.

Shotgun has been on the ledge all season. Someone get him some Prozac.

Bdawg
10-30-2016, 11:09 PM
Dak, that guy is just a winner man!!!!!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2016, 11:12 PM
Thank heavens for Dak! He's making this football season bearable! Proud he's one of us!

BHildreth3
10-30-2016, 11:51 PM
The thread is just proof that people overreact. Just ****ing relax and quit ****ing posting so much.

Treemydawg
10-31-2016, 12:16 AM

Dawgface
10-31-2016, 07:19 AM
Thank heavens for Dak! He's making this football season bearable! Proud he's one of us!

Who would have thought the Dallas Cowboys would be the team we could hang our hat on this year. Our dogs sucking, Bama running away with it all...college football a downer for me this year.

WSOPdawg
10-31-2016, 08:41 AM
They haven't done him any favors with the long developing routes. Need some screens to Zeke to slow the rush down. Where's the little hitches to Whitten and crosses to Beasley. Wentz has had 40 passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Yep, the game plan was obviously meant to have Dez be target #1, 2 and 3. But the 'Boys did a better job in 4th & OT with Zeke and Beasley of getting the involved. Plus Dez got the game-tying TD (should keep him happy with 100+ yards to boot).

Also, the Eagles threw the kitchen sink at Dak trying to get pressure, which worked in the 1st half. But Dak adjusted and arguably learned a lot tonight b/c not a lot of other teams have done (yet) what Philly tried to do tonight.