PDA

View Full Version : If I'm Dan Mullen...

lamont
10-30-2016, 06:45 PM
I look objectively at our remaining schedule- and realize what everybody else already knows- Miss State's bowl streak is coming to an end. We are overmatched against A&M and Bama. With that fact slapping me in the face- what is the one thing my team can do to somehow enter the offseason with some positive energy?????

Beat Mississippi and get our trophy back.

So as we go into these last 4 weeks of preparation- I use part of every practice to get ready for Mississippi. A 10 minute period every practice with our Defense working against their stuff. The players wont have any idea- just add their stuff into practice and work against it. 10 minutes every day. Work something on offense 5 minutes every practice that you will use only against Mississippi. Something new- something they havent seen us do all year.

It's literally the only thing that could salvage anything of this turd of a season. It would also go a long way in getting support back on your side in case BC or Purdue doesnt work out for you.

PassInterference
10-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Yep. Why stop at 10 minutes? Spend half of every practice on it. Its the only game left that matters.

preachermatt83
10-30-2016, 07:25 PM
I look objectively at our remaining schedule- and realize what everybody else already knows- Miss State's bowl streak is coming to an end. We are overmatched against A&M and Bama. With that fact slapping me in the face- what is the one thing my team can do to somehow enter the offseason with some positive energy?????

So as we go into these last 4 weeks of preparation- I use part of every practice to get ready for Mississippi. A 10 minute period every practice with our Defense working against their stuff. The players wont have any idea- just add their stuff into practice and work against it. 10 minutes every day. Work something on offense 5 minutes every practice that you will use only against Mississippi. Something new- something they havent seen us do all year.

It's literally the only thing that could salvage anything of this turd of a season. It would also go a long way in getting support back on your side in case BC or Purdue doesnt work out for you.

Yes!

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 07:31 PM
I expect us to win 2 more games. If we do, there's some talk about making a bowl based on academic progress rate if those bids are available. Since Ole Miss may be implementing their bowl ban, that slot becomes even more likely to be available. It would be a moral victory of sorts if we get there, but I do think that will happen. Arky and UMiss are beatable.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 07:37 PM
I expect us to win 2 more games. If we do, there's some talk about making a bowl based on academic progress rate if those bids are available. Since Ole Miss may be implementing their bowl ban, that slot becomes even more likely to be available. It would be a moral victory of sorts if we get there, but I do think that will happen. Arky and UMiss are beatable.

Sweet maybe we'll get a rematch with BYU or USA then

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 07:38 PM
BTW, Rando's advice is right on either way. Nothing done in practice is going to make this team win out, so do everything you can to win the Egg and embarrass Freeze on his way out of the State. It's a good plan.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 07:39 PM
We can beat Arkansas. They got absolutely skull**** raped by Auburn. We just got raped by Auburn semi-gently like.

SDDawg
Sweet maybe we'll get a rematch with BYU or USA then

We'd win those rematches if you ask me. But the important part is to get bowl practices which this team desperately needs. That and some glimmer of hope to close the year.

lamont
I expect us to win 2 more games.

Expect? Good luck with that. Everybody left on our schedule is better than we are. We cant handle UPig- they will score 40 on us

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Expect? Good luck with that. Everybody left on our schedule is better than we are. We cant handle UPig- they will score 40 on us

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4415678.jpg

klong-dog
10-30-2016, 07:52 PM
We'd win those rematches if you ask me. But the important part is to get bowl practices which this team desperately needs. That and some glimmer of hope to close the year.
What games are you watching? We are getting worse on D not better. Our schedule has been fairly favorable and we are a bad 3-5 team. A&M will beat us 3 Td's or more, Bama can name the score, Arkansas will beat us 10 or so. OM will throw it 70 times against our shatty secondary and beat us 4 td's. It would be different if I saw some improvement from the defense but we're getting worse.

LC Dawg
10-30-2016, 07:53 PM
If I were Dan Mullen I'd be on an island somewhere enjoying my millions. The reality is that Dan Mullen is a lot closer to being like me than he needs to be.

Gutter Cobreh
10-30-2016, 07:53 PM

In that case, hoping we score 41...

lamont
10-30-2016, 07:57 PM

We couldnt handle South Alabama, BYU, Kentucky, or Samford- but we gonna stop UPig???? Okkkkkkkkk

bulldawg28
10-30-2016, 08:00 PM
This deep revelation of adding plays for your rival early is something coaches already do. Heck, Spurrier did this plenty when he coached at UF in preparation of FSU. There is nothing the blackbears will do this team will not have seen come game day. Execution and heart will be the concern. I'd like this thread tagged in the event we win that game how many would get back on board. God knows some are fishing on BC and other jobs mentioned. There is no way Mullen or his agent would leak this foolery. It's a hypothetical wish at best for some

bulldawg28
10-30-2016, 08:01 PM
We couldnt handle South Alabama, BYU, Kentucky, or Samford- but we gonna stop UPig???? Okkkkkkkkk

UPig sucks

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 08:01 PM

He's right, every team we play from here is significantly better than we are right now.

klong-dog
10-30-2016, 08:02 PM
and it doesn't matter how much prep, that we "prep" for OM, we're not even going to be in the game at halftime against them. We don't match up with them at all. Not to mention it's in their shitty stadium.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 08:04 PM

Did you watch their game vs Auburn? If you did you wouldn't be so cocky about the Pigs.

Treemydawg
10-30-2016, 08:04 PM
If I were Dan Mullen I'd be on an island somewhere enjoying my millions. The reality is that Dan Mullen is a lot closer to being like me than he needs to be.

Sorry to hear you are unemployed****

Homedawg
10-30-2016, 08:06 PM

Im sorry but how can anybody who has watched what I've been watching think we have a chance to win another game is puzzling to me. Just can't see it.

msstate7
10-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Im sorry but how can anybody who has watched what I've been watching think we have a chance to win another game is puzzling to me. Just can't see it.

Oh ye of little faith... 56 points Saturday! We gonna ball out down the stretch!***

I do think with some good luck on our side instead of all the bad luck that's been going against us that Arkansas or om could be potential wins. We'd certainly need some breaks though

lamont
10-30-2016, 08:10 PM
This deep revelation of adding plays for your rival early is something coaches already do. Heck, Spurrier did this plenty when he coached at UF in preparation of FSU. There is nothing the blackbears will do this team will not have seen come game day. Execution and heart will be the concern. I'd like this thread tagged in the event we win that game how many would get back on board. God knows some are fishing on BC and other jobs mentioned. There is no way Mullen or his agent would leak this foolery. It's a hypothetical wish at best for some

You are a shitty poster. You assured us there is no way we wouldnt win 8 games this season. You assured us I was wrong about our Secondary. You assured us I was wrong about Auburn and their offense. You keep assuring people and wrong at every turn. You assured people I was trolling when I said we would struggle to win 6 games. You really just need to back off at this point. There is always something Mississippi shows us since Freezus has been at Mississippi that we havent been prepared for.

As far as Mullen- Elitedawgs talks to one Sexton's clients weekly. Mullen is also a Sexton client. We know wtf is going on. Hell, nobody knew Mullen had switched to Sexton until we broke it. Just stand back and let us work. You have failed.

M.Fillmore
10-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Agreed Random. Bama and aTm will be ugly. While Upig better for us, it doesn't look good for us. To beat the bears would give us something to smile about and hopefully to build upon. It would likely keep the bears from being bowl eligible, an added bonus.

If the bears roll in 5-6 (very likely) and hammer us by 40, and then go to some Weedwacker-Lugnut Bowl and win by 30 the bears (and Clarion-Ledger, Tupelo Daily Journal, etc.) will spin this year's under-performance into a temporary problem as resolved and claim they are on their way back to the Sugar Bowl. I don't care to hear that nonsense for the next few months.

lamont
10-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Did you watch their game vs Auburn? If you did you wouldn't be so cocky about the Pigs.

They had played Bama and OM back to back- and then traveled to Auburn- who had had the week off to rest and gameplan. That game doesnt represent who they are. They are better than us

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah we need to add a lot of something to the offense. Womack has Dan figured out.

Also, it would take Kelly being hurt or sick or on house arrest.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 08:18 PM
They had played Bama and OM back to back- and then traveled to Auburn- who had had the week off to rest and gameplan. That game doesnt represent who they are. They are better than us

I still expect to see us close out the season a strong note. Lots of close losses and some overrated opponents remaining will give us the recipe to surprise some teams. This team is slightly better than its record as I'm sure you would agree.

I'm closer to many of the folks on this board than it may appear. I happen to think we can beat Arky and Ole Miss, many of you think we can beat Ole Miss (even if you're unwilling to post it). It's one game we're talking about. If we find a way to score and make a few more stops at home against Arky, we can win. I don't see any reason to completely give up even though I agree that all of the remaining teams we'll play are more talented and having better seasons than we are. You still have to play the games. Hail State, men.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 08:18 PM
They are better than us

They got a funny way of showing that. Auburn embarrassed them! Don't care bout BYE weeks and road games after tough games. This is the SEC, you could make an excuse like that every week for every team.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 08:23 PM

I agree, it's hard to see. The defensive effort this weekend certainly didn't give me more confidence but I still stand by the prediction.

klong-dog
10-30-2016, 08:23 PM
Agreed Random. Bama and aTm will be ugly. While Upig better for us, it doesn't look good for us. To beat the bears would give us something to smile about and hopefully to build upon. It would likely keep the bears from being bowl eligible, an added bonus.

If the bears roll in 5-6 (very likely) and hammer us by 40, and then go to some Weedwacker-Lugnut Bowl and win by 30 the bears (and Clarion-Ledger, Tupelo Daily Journal, etc.) will spin this year's under-performance into a temporary problem as resolved and claim they are on their way back to the Sugar Bowl. I don't care to hear that nonsense for the next few months.
Well unfortunately, that is most likely what will happen.

lamont
10-30-2016, 08:28 PM
They got a funny way of showing that. Auburn embarrassed them! Don't care bout BYE weeks and road games after tough games. This is the SEC, you could make an excuse like that every week for every team.

well thats why you are an idiot and wrong most of the time. UPig beat OM and competed with Bama. Our team cannot do that. UPig is much better than we are

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Dan's not going to do anything different and is going to give the team Thanksgiving off, make them ride the bus the day of the game and then look confused when they are blowing up our o-line.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Well unfortunately, that is most likely what will happen.

Better chance that we keep Ole Miss from bowling if you ask me. But let's be honest - their asses will be sitting at home this year and we all know it. They won't announced until after the Egg and will try to bury the story quickly. Ole Miss is a lot of (terrible) things, but bad at PR is really not one of those.

Dawgface
10-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Our D won't stop anyone left on our schedule. We certainly won't score the points we did last weekend. It's really a hopeless situation.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 08:31 PM
well thats why you are an idiot and wrong most of the time. UPig beat OM and competed with Bama. Our team cannot do that. UPig is much better than we are

Yea like Hunter Renfroe, Rick Ray and Malik Newman wrong

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 08:59 PM

Damn dude, your just arguing to argue. I guess you just like being a dick and pushing RP's and others buttons but damn. Just being a dick is is what your good at so at least your consistent.

HSVDawg
10-30-2016, 09:00 PM
We could spend 100% of every practice for the next 4 weeks preparing for Mississippi. Unless we can find about 5 SEC caliber defensive backs just chilling on the intramural fields, it won't matter. They are going to throw all over us no matter how many packages we can put in.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2016, 09:07 PM
You are a shitty poster. You assured us there is no way we wouldnt win 8 games this season. You assured us I was wrong about our Secondary. You assured us I was wrong about Auburn and their offense. You keep assuring people and wrong at every turn. You assured people I was trolling when I said we would struggle to win 6 games. You really just need to back off at this point. There is always something Mississippi shows us since Freezus has been at Mississippi that we havent been prepared for.

As far as Mullen- Elitedawgs talks to one Sexton's clients weekly. Mullen is also a Sexton client. We know wtf is going on. Hell, nobody knew Mullen had switched to Sexton until we broke it. Just stand back and let us work. You have failed.

Pwned. May need to change your username after that one 28.

Bothrops
10-30-2016, 09:16 PM
If we can get DeAndre Ward to somehow lead the defense into the Arkansas game, we may could win it. Because Fitz will cause them problems.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Dan's not going to do anything different and is going to give the team Thanksgiving off, make them ride the bus the day of the game and then look confused when they are blowing up our o-line.

3 plays again from 6 - 2 y'all. It's real life - not saying we're good but you can't completely ignore the facts either.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2016, 09:20 PM

They are going to destroy us.

Bully13
10-30-2016, 09:22 PM

if you paid more attention to MSU you would know we don't have a snowball's chance in hell with any of our remaining opponents. you don't take ONE game YTD and make a determination. you take the season as a whole. AR has shown MUCH more ability to put a BIG TIME ass whipping on us that for us to pull out an O.T. win over them.

they will easily beat us by 2 TD'S.

msstate7
10-30-2016, 09:41 PM

Sexton tells one of his clients (client #1) what another client (client #2) is trying to do behind the latter client's current employer. Then client #1 goes and tells what client #2's every move is to be told on a site pertaining to the employer of client #2... seems sexton is running a clown show

GTHOM
10-30-2016, 09:58 PM
UPig sucks

We suck. Nobody should lose to S. Alabama, BYU, Kentucky, and get torched the way UMass and Samford torched us. This team is a shitshow and I would be surprised if we win another game. If we do, great. I hope its OM. But I dont think Mullen is the HC next year

lamont
10-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Sexton tells one of his clients (client #1) what another client (client #2) is trying to do behind the latter client's current employer. Then client #1 goes and tells what client #2's every move is to be told on a site pertaining to the employer of client #2... seems sexton is running a clown show

Client #1 tells his close friend what Mullen is doing. He has no concept of message boards and doesnt care what is posted

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:02 PM

Rick Ray wrong how?
Malik Newman wrong how?
Hunter Renfroe wrong how?

Ive embarrassed you this year already with our record, our team's weaknesses, Auburn being what they are, Kentucky beating us...and thats just this season. Stop making me embarrassing you

GTHOM
10-30-2016, 10:03 PM
3 plays again from 6 - 2 y'all. It's real life - not saying we're good but you can't completely ignore the facts either.

Jesus.....3 plays away from being 6-2 with those 3 plays coming against SOUTH ALABAMA, BYU, AND KENTUCKY. This is why we are where we are. People making excuses for the same ol Dan Mullen bullshit

bulldawg28
10-30-2016, 10:07 PM

If you can't handle the truth stop posting crap with holes in it. You copied and pasted a strategy that's been around for more than 10 years and suggest Mullen is ignorant of it.

Sit back and let you work what? Dude your getting 3rd and 4th party information. I admire your constant paparazzi work but anyone with any knowledge behind the scenes knows better. What's ground breaking of an agent change that can be googled?

Sometimes you try too hard. Don't hurt yourself guy. And, I didn't have to insult you personally to prove my point.

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 10:12 PM
If you can't handle the truth so posting crappie with holes in it. You copied and pasted a strategy that's because around for more than 10 years and suggest Mullen is ignorant it.

Sit back and let you work what? Dude your getting 3rd and 4th party information. I admire your constant paparazzi work but anyone with any knowledge behind the scenes knows better.

If you have real inside info tell us what's going on with tha AD search.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Hunter Renfroe wrong how?

I am arguing with Donald Trump

msstate7
10-30-2016, 10:44 PM

Random is gonna make this board great again!

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:46 PM
If you can't handle the truth stop posting crap with holes in it. You copied and pasted a strategy that's been around for more than 10 years and suggest Mullen is ignorant of it.

Sit back and let you work what? Dude your getting 3rd and 4th party information. I admire your constant paparazzi work but anyone with any knowledge behind the scenes knows better. What's ground breaking of an agent change that can be googled?

Sometimes you try too hard. Don't hurt yourself guy. And, I didn't have to insult you personally to prove my point.

nowhere did I say Mullen was completely ignorant of my original post. But most posters are
I post some info alot of people dont know. Google wont tell you who Mullen's agent is- but nice try, You didnt ****ing know. I was the 1st person to break he had changed to Sexton.

I have proven you wrong repeatedly. You ****ing suck and get mad when called out on it. Chill dude. Its ok that you dont know very much. You will survive

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:47 PM

I said Renfroe wouldnt play afull season in MLB. Until he does- I'm not wrong. Does it look like he will? Absolutely. But until he does- stfu

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 10:50 PM
I said Renfroe wouldnt play afull season in MLB. Until he does- I'm not wrong. Does it look like he will? Absolutely. But until he does- stfu

FWIW, I had my concerns as well. Wasn't sure he'd make enough contact.

msstate7
10-30-2016, 10:53 PM

I thought it was renfroe wouldn't make it above AA or something like that.

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:53 PM
FWIW, I had my concerns as well. Wasn't sure he'd make enough contact.

exactly- and they pay you to make those decisions

I'm happy for Renfroe and glad he has started to live up to the potential. But watching him in college- he was a certain risk

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:54 PM
I thought it was renfroe wouldn't make it above AA or something like that.

no it wasnt- I said Renfroe would make it on his glove and arm alone for a cup of coffee

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 10:54 PM

Gotta be a name for someone that is incapable of admitting they are wrong about anything

msstate7
10-30-2016, 10:56 PM
no it wasnt

Then I'm wrong... like you on Reid humphreys haha

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Gotta be a name for someone that is incapable of admitting they are wrong about anything

when he plays 162 games- I'll own it

lamont
10-30-2016, 10:58 PM

meh- technically I was om Hump. But I said he couldnt hit RHP's, and he couldnt. He wasso bad- in our deciding game of the year- Cohen benched him. So you can say I'm wrong all you want- but when we bench him in our most important game of the season because a RHP is throwing- I've proved my point

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 10:59 PM

Sexton is the guy that does pull a lot of strings behind the scenes around the country. Obviously it's too soon to see how everything plays out but I'm sure he has dealt with just about every type of situation before.

lamont
10-30-2016, 11:00 PM

not only that- he was drafted as a pitcher- not a position player

msstate7
10-30-2016, 11:01 PM
meh- technically I was om Hump. But I said he couldnt hit RHP's, and he couldnt. He wasso bad- in our deciding game of the year- Cohen benched him. So you can say I'm wrong all you want- but when we bench him in our most important game of the season because a RHP is throwing- I've proved my point

I don't even care. I just find it hilarious how hell bent you are on never being wrong

lamont
10-30-2016, 11:11 PM
I don't even care. I just find it hilarious how hell bent you are on never being wrong

I miss on some things- but my detractors try to embellish my being wrong way more often than it actually happens

Beaver
10-30-2016, 11:40 PM
Eh, our players have taken a beating mentally already. I'd rather be somewhat competitive against A&M and Bama than to just roll over and give up before the game starts. We were outmatched by A&M in 2013 when we showed up in College Station. But that game turned out to be a bit of a turning point for the rest of the season and heading into 2014. Others posters have already mentioned it, but OM is a matchup nightmare for us. Kelly will throw for 400+ yards. Plus it may be ole Hugh's last game as a head coach so I'm sure he'll be fired up... Instead of game planning for the Egg Bowl on the road for 4 weeks which we're going to lose, I'd rather just focus on Fitz improving week to week, having more of an established identity on offense, and seeing if the defense can do anything well at all.

Gutter Cobreh
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
I miss on some things- but my detractors try to embellish my being wrong way more often than it actually happens

You are correct on most things, I'll give you that. I'm just waiting to see how you spin the AD hire....

On 9/29, you said Cohen had no chance at being AD:
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?48643-Bo-Bounds-say-our-AD-Job-Is-Highly-Sought-After&p=622127#post622127

On 10/30, you posted you were "pretty sure" Cohen will be named AD:
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?49812-Coup-D-etat-is-in-progress-regarding-AD-Could-get-REAL-UGLY-real-quick&p=640978#post640978

bulldawg28
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
nowhere did I say Mullen was completely ignorant of my original post. But most posters are
I post some info alot of people dont know. Google wont tell you who Mullen's agent is- but nice try, You didnt ****ing know. I was the 1st person to break he had changed to Sexton.

I have proven you wrong repeatedly. You ****ing suck and get mad when called out on it. Chill dude. Its ok that you dont know very much. You will survive

The only person mad is you guy. Living vicariously through another person is sick . You're wrong more times than not and at the hint of ANY rumor you break it. Your type hurts MSU more than helping. And because you want a message board reality name you don't care. If you want to be a beat writer just say so but your intentions are just as bad as anti MSU reporters.

Look at me, I'm right, I told you so, Mullen should, Stansbury should, Cohen should, kennun sound, Howland should...etc.

You'd better pray to God the wrong AD is hired for your sake that keeps leaks and rumors floating. If not it's going to be a sad day when you can't stir things up .

Dawgface
10-31-2016, 08:04 AM
You are correct on most things, I'll give you that. I'm just waiting to see how you spin the AD hire....

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?48643-Bo-Bounds-say-our-AD-Job-Is-Highly-Sought-After&p=622127#post622127

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?49812-Coup-D-etat-is-in-progress-regarding-AD-Could-get-REAL-UGLY-real-quick&p=640978#post640978

All bases covered. Can't be wrong.

WSOPdawg
10-31-2016, 08:48 AM

Drain the swamp, Random!!!

RP and Shotgun: Make MSU Great Again!!!

WSOPdawg
10-31-2016, 09:00 AM
You'd better pray to God the wrong AD is hired for your sake that keeps leaks and rumors floating. If not it's going to be a sad day when you can't stir things up .

One person's "stirring things up" is another person's "treasured info" that's appreciated by many (and info that you can't really get via Gene's Page aside from Rosey regarding TCUN illegalities). I for one appreciate the info and rumors that RP provides the group and he does it better than most anyone save C34 (I know, I know!!!).

Additionally, while some of his predictions don't pan out, many do; but regardless, look at the discussion and life brought to the EliteDawgs board (you don't find that on GP).

gravedigger
10-31-2016, 09:00 AM

Winner

MrKotter
10-31-2016, 09:03 AM
You can't be this dumb. Have you watched this shitty team play for 5 seconds? How can you say Arkansas sucks while State puts an even more embarrassing product on the field. Put down the koolaid. We suck!

WSOPdawg
10-31-2016, 09:06 AM

Sadly, you're right. But having our players full of turkey outweighs having them prepared to not get embarrassed by our arch-rival.

Actually, the more I think about this, the more pissed off I'm getting because this is absolutely going to happen!!!

FISHDAWG
10-31-2016, 09:31 AM
Oh ye of little faith... 56 points Saturday! We gonna ball out down the stretch!***

I do think with some good luck on our side instead of all the bad luck that's been going against us that Arkansas or om could be potential wins. We'd certainly need some breaks though

our defense couldn't stop a case of the runs with a truck load of Imodium ... we are finished for the season ... OP was right - we need to focus totally on the Egg

Bubb Rubb
10-31-2016, 10:01 AM

The more politically correct way of saying it is that we will be underdogs in every game we have left. Including Arkansas. Probably a significant underdog.

lamont
10-31-2016, 10:22 AM

My initial thoughts were there was no way we would hire Cohen as AD. So I posted that first one. Then I began hearing about the push from some of our money guys to make him AD. That fight is still taking place. The people I talk to insist Cohen will end up being the guy. We'll see

dawgwhisperer
10-31-2016, 11:08 AM
Practice would focus on fundamentals and getting the young/redshirts tons of reps. We aren't getting the bowl practice this year, so if you aren't likely to get drafted or are a Jr/Sr you aren't getting many reps. The younger guys and guys that are getting drafted will get priority in snaps during practice and games. Time to practice for 2017 and let the 2016 wash away.

tcdog70
10-31-2016, 11:22 AM

that will piss some folks off--sometimes the truth hurts. It is still hard to believe how many on this board backed ole Rick Ray. Who was $hitty from day one.

LC Dawg
10-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Ole Miss does a great job on their first couple of drives with their scripted plays and tempo. I'm sure there is no way we can stop that but I think one think to consider is that Freeze is probably going to try to get the ball to AJ Brown more than a few times on the first couple of drives just so the announcers can repeatedly point out that where he went to high school. He's not a great route runner so I'd love to see us take advantage of this and get a pick or maybe one of our guys remind AJ what we think about his choice of school.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2016, 11:59 AM
If we can get DeAndre Ward to somehow lead the defense into the Arkansas game, we may could win it. Because Fitz will cause them problems.

I wish we had more DeAndre Wards on the defense.

Dawg61
10-31-2016, 12:11 PM
Ole Miss does a great job on their first couple of drives with their scripted plays and tempo. I'm sure there is no way we can stop that but I think one think to consider is that Freeze is probably going to try to get the ball to AJ Brown more than a few times on the first couple of drives just so the announcers can repeatedly point out that where he went to high school. He's not a great route runner so I'd love to see us take advantage of this and get a pick or maybe one of our guys remind AJ what we think about his choice of school.

AJ gonna get lit up Egg Bowl night, can't wait!

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2016, 12:58 PM
exactly- and they pay you to make those decisions

I'm happy for Renfroe and glad he has started to live up to the potential. But watching him in college- he was a certain risk

It looks like he has worked on his swing and adapted. He doesn't have the big leg kick and open stance anymore. He seems to have put in the work so you have to give the guy props for it. He probably wouldn't have lasted in the show without the changes but he has tools that only maybe 10% of players have. If he can hit .280 then he may have Hall of Fame numbers especially with his level defense.