PDA

View Full Version : Nick Gibson

Prentis
10-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Why did he only get 4 carries? He is a very smooth and natural runner. I know he missed a block yesterday but I think he deserves to have more carries.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 04:31 PM
You answered your own question. If he can't block consistently, we either bring him into plays that will get blown up or bring him in with the intent to run him which will let the defense key on him. A better question might be why hasn't he learned to block after 1.5 years in the program, but that is the reason he's not playing. Simple.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Why did he only get 4 carries? He is a very smooth and natural runner. I know he missed a block yesterday but I think he deserves to have more carries.

It's frustrating for sure. We should be rotating Gibson and Williams at RB.

defiantdog
10-30-2016, 04:41 PM
You answered your own question. If he can't block consistently, we either bring him into plays that will get blown up or bring him in with the intent to run him which will let the defense key on him. A better question might be why hasn't he learned to block after 1.5 years in the program, but that is the reason he's not playing. Simple.
Then why is anyone even playing on the offensive line? I don't think Rankin has successfully stopped anyone on the left side this year yet he continues to play. Why hasnt the entire offensive line learned to block? Then I guess you assume Holloway blocks well huh?

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2016, 05:02 PM
Then why is anyone even playing on the offensive line? I don't think Rankin has successfully stopped anyone on the left side this year yet he continues to play. Why hasnt the entire offensive line learned to block? Then I guess you assume Holloway blocks well huh?

Only freshman RBs are pulled for missing blocks. Holloway hasn't successfully blocked anyone in 4 years because he weighs about 100 lbs. He is basically a speed bump but never seemed to get pulled.

bulldawg28
10-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Only freshman RBs are pulled for missing blocks. Holloway hasn't successfully blocked anyone in 4 years because he weighs about 100 lbs. He is basically a speed bump but never seemed to get pulled.

LOL @speedbump

BB30
10-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Haha now young guys are playing so we move the complaint from he doesn't play young guys to complaining that he didn't get enough carries for so and so... maybe because Williams was getting more carries. There are only so many plays in a game and so many reps to go around. Think the offense did pretty well today outside of our terrible ol.

Bothrops
10-30-2016, 09:21 PM

Because he can help us win.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 09:30 PM

I would have sat Rankin already, I make no excuses for him. Don't make any assumptions about what I think Holloway does well, you'll definitely be wrong. I think he's fine on the edge and in certain packages but is not an "every down" player.

None of this changes the fact that Gibson himself says he's still learning to block and pick up blitzes, etc.