PDA

View Full Version : This Sunday's Breaking Rumor

lamont
10-30-2016, 01:28 PM
The OM administration- through their law firm handling the NCAA case- has received the news that Hugh Freeze is getting a show cause.

msstate7
10-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Well he earned it.

Going ahead and calling it... jay hopson next om HC

I seen it dawg
10-30-2016, 01:31 PM
**** those guys

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 01:31 PM
So, should we expect OM to fire him soon just to try and save face and hopefully influence the NCAA?

Or would that cost them too much money because they'd have to pay out his contract?

Quaoarsking
10-30-2016, 01:33 PM
So if they announce a bowl ban for this year and finish 5-7, does the NCAA still give them credit?

I mean, we were on a bowl ban in 2004 and didn't make it one, but the ban didn't carry forward until the next time we were eligible.

msstate7
10-30-2016, 01:34 PM
So, should we expect OM to fire him soon just to try and save face and hopefully influence the NCAA?

Or would that cost them too much money because they'd have to pay out his contract?

Wait. Show cause should get them out of buyout. Well who knows though... it may be in his contract that a show cause doesn't void buyout with the way they cheat

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2016, 01:34 PM
So if they announce a bowl ban for this year and finish 5-7, does the NCAA still give them credit?

I mean, we were on a bowl ban in 2004 and didn't make it one, but the ban didn't carry forward until the next time we were eligible.

There won't be any credit given to that regardless. The NCAA isn't made up of idiots

Commercecomet24
10-30-2016, 01:36 PM
That's gonna leave a mark! Well I guess there's a girls basketball coaching job out there with his name on it! Jimmy Swaggart moment coming soon!

msstate7
10-30-2016, 01:36 PM
There won't be any credit given to that regardless. The NCAA isn't made up of idiots

Yeah, 3-5 team coming out announcing bowl ban would piss me off if I were the NCAA.

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Hope the NCAA had this playing in the background.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

lamont
10-30-2016, 01:41 PM

Amazingly, OM hasnt fired anyone yet. So there is no way to guess exactly what they will do

Political Hack
10-30-2016, 01:50 PM
And with this news on a beautiful Sunday, the congregation says...

Dawgface
10-30-2016, 01:52 PM
I certainly hope it's true, but why would the NCAA inform them of a preliminary penalty? And just a piece of their sanctions? Perhaps a courtesy notice so they can be planning for a coaching change?

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 01:53 PM

Hallelujah and win the day!

Political Hack
10-30-2016, 01:58 PM
I certainly hope it's true, but why would the NCAA inform them of a preliminary penalty? And just a piece of their sanctions? Perhaps a courtesy notice so they can be planning for a coaching change?

No. OM will be aware of the penalties in advance to know if they will challenge them or accept them. Im fairly certain they can accept the penalties through mutual agreement with the NCAA.

lamont
10-30-2016, 01:58 PM

Many OM message board and twitter lawyers have informed us repeatedly that the law firm is in constant contact with the NCAA on all this- and that they know whats coming.

lastmajordog
10-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Does this have anything to do with 9 over 3 ??******

Turfdawg67
10-30-2016, 02:06 PM
**** those guys

Or... Those guys are ****ed!

Turfdawg67
10-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Will Barrett Sallie say that this is a "good thing"?

JoseBrown
10-30-2016, 02:19 PM

Hell Yeah, hehe, hail yes!!

Mjoelner34
10-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Does this have anything to do with 9 over 3 ??******

Maybe 9 over 3 they've been spouting off for months is true. The lemmings just thought is was 9 schollys over 3 years when instead its been 9 coaches with 3 year show causes all along.

Boodawg
10-30-2016, 02:41 PM
What's longest NCAA investigation to date? If anyone knows.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2016, 02:41 PM
there would probably be some happy ole miss fans.

Bully13
10-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Wait. Show cause should get them out of buyout. Well who knows though... it may be in his contract that a show cause doesn't void buyout with the way they cheat

Do you realize how hilarious that would be? Hugh: "Hey guys, with this network thing and all, if I get a show cause, will you still pay off my contact?"

TrapGame
10-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Mistakes were made. Many, many mistakes were made.

WesternSkyDawg
10-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Do you realize how hilarious that would be? Hugh: "Hey guys, with this network thing and all, if I get a show cause, will you still pay off my contact?"

How much you wanna bet that's what the whole "Freeze to Florida" smokescreen was about? Removing any NCAA sanctions as a "firing for cause" provision from his contract?

msbulldog
10-30-2016, 03:08 PM
**** those guys

Consistency!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I seen it dawg again.

msbulldog
10-30-2016, 03:10 PM

If they wait on the show cause, they can fire him with cause, that negates his buyout.

msbulldog
10-30-2016, 03:15 PM
The OM administration- through their law firm handling the NCAA case- has received the news that Hugh Freeze is getting a show cause.

The COI has not met yet as far as we know, until they meet there are no penalties handed down.

RocketDawg
10-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Will Barrett Sallie say that this is a "good thing"?

Yes, because they were going to fire him anyway after a losing year with the talent he has. **

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 03:22 PM
The COI has not met yet as far as we know, until they meet there are no penalties handed down.

My guess as to what may have happened is they contacted the NCAA about whether a bowl ban would help them and the NCAA probably dropped that nugget with their "hell no" response.

WSOPdawg
10-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Can we count on Parrish Alford to somehow spin a Show Cause as a good thing and thank heavens the university cooperated exemplarily?

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 03:31 PM

We were not told that they had met with the COI months ago on WBB and track either until it was official released to the public. We did know that the NCAA had reopened the football investigation, even though their mouthpieces at first denied it, then it was the university and the NCAA jointly finding out what happened with Tunsil, the FBI was tracking the hacker, it was opportunity fund money and McReady? I think was told they had the documents for that, it was just a witch hunt trying to dig up something (although the NOA already listed 8 Level 1's) and that was why players at other schools were getting immunity, etc. The lawyers and the NCAA do talk a lot more than people believe about their meeting with the COI and possible penalties are discussed. With as much as they already had against them with further violations being added with an unprecented case like this, I do believe they have had discussions with the NCAA to gauge what they are looking at. With their recruiting now taking a huge hit and the season not playing out like they thought, I suspect they are looking to finally get to the end game.

spbdawg
10-30-2016, 03:31 PM
#

msbulldog
10-30-2016, 03:32 PM
My guess as to what may have happened is they contacted the NCAA about whether a bowl ban would help them and the NCAA probably dropped that nugget with their "hell no" response.

Todd much as I respect you, that does not make a lot of sense. The Committee on Infractions is the only NCAA body that can hand down penalties. The staff of the NCAA can only make recommendations to the COI. I think that what RP posted is what he said it was a rumor.
Let's talk about Baseball Todd, you always bring us good information. Thank you!

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 04:26 PM
Yeah, 3-5 team coming out announcing bowl ban would piss me off if I were the NCAA.

Pretty sure Missouri pulled this shit a couple years ago with a team that wasn't going to make the postseason anyways

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Pretty sure Missouri pulled this shit a couple years ago with a team that wasn't going to make the postseason anyways

No. They self imposed that along with scholarship reductions, etc. and went straight to summary disposition agreeing and fully cooperating with the investigation. They were already working with the NCAA since they were not fighting any of the allegations and would not be going in front of the COI. BTW, this was for 1 Level 1, 2 Level 2, and 2 Level 3 violations.

Indndawg
10-30-2016, 04:51 PM

need more proof than random hearsay

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 05:12 PM
Look the university and inforcement staff met with the COI this summer to separate the case of WBB and Track from football because of further violations. The NCAA's statement from the Oct COI meeting handing out the public release of those sports carefully stated that "No football-related materials were part of our record, and we will only take up the football allegations once the investigation has concluded." They officially made no discussions or review of the football portion of the investigation. Doesn't mean at that time or between then and the Oct meeting off the record conversations have not been taking place. It also does not mean that since the Oct meeting the NCAA, university or both have not been in discussions before the Dec COI meetings. Unless the university releases the information (we know they won't) we won't know when a meeting with the COI actually happens. Just like no one knew that they had met with the COI this summer. Including their own mouthpieces (or were instructed not to breath a word about it). The COI, inforcement staff and the university attorneys will not and cannot wait until the day of the meeting to start looking over the findings. Incredible amount of documents will be reviewed and discussed before the actual meeting.

preachermatt83
10-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Lol. Nice thought but this is just a rumor. I hope Random is right. His sources are usually some of the best but I'm just not buying this. Too many variables.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-30-2016, 05:26 PM

I believe this. How many years is Bucky's show cause?

MedDawg
10-30-2016, 05:34 PM

I don't know the answer to OM's bowl ban, but I don't think our bowl ban carried forward. We weren't bowl eligible until 2007 and we went to the Liberty Bowl.

HSVDawg
10-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Is this how it normally works? Are schools ever given a "heads-up" about a forthcoming show cause? My understanding of the bylaws is that the NCAA can't hand down any penalties (officially or unofficially) until the school in question appears before the COI. Doing so beforehand opens the NCAA up to legal action for not following their own outlined procedures, I would think. Not that anything about said show cause would be surprising, but I see this as maybe a "Cohen to AD" situation (it's very likely to happen, but hasn't happened yet).

anubus
10-30-2016, 07:05 PM
I pray that if he's fired the rev freezus tells all names additional names and the NCAA hulks up and smashes their dirty program to eternal dust.....Xmas hannakau and qwanza for me!!!!

Beaver
10-30-2016, 11:55 PM

Until this is confirmed by Bonner and his 'sources' I'm not buying this***

GTHOM
10-31-2016, 02:13 AM

If true, Christmas came early. And this year its the gift that keeps on giving

GTHOM
10-31-2016, 02:17 AM
Hope the NCAA had this playing in the background.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

No....This
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc)