PDA

View Full Version : It is funny to see the things on which Ole Miss blames their losses.....

Taog Redloh
10-30-2016, 11:55 AM
Fans are such homers. I know it happens with us too. I don't like it when people just look at the surface and make a decision, like that Mitchell guy on the radio the other day, but with Ole Miss I think we are all educated enough to make a decent observation. I see guys over there blaming Kelly, wanting Womack fired, etc. None of them care to blame their OL and the fact that they aren't quite as talented as they have been in recent years.

At the end of the day it'll all be about the jimmy and joes. Always has been.

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 12:02 PM
I think part of their problem is that they are being told that the guys that they get in recruiting are all world and then the instances it doesn't happen it skews their view because they think they have a team of all-stars.

M.Fillmore
10-30-2016, 12:09 PM
The whole bear broadcast crew torched and re-torched Evan Engram over the missed reception. No criticism for Swag's interception on the next play. Only gave Swag kudos for breaking St. Archie's record single game record. No mention that St. Archie lost in his big game.

Taog Redloh
10-30-2016, 12:10 PM
I think part of their problem is that they are being told that the guys that they get in recruiting are all world and then the instances it doesn't happen it skews their view because they think they have a team of all-stars.

No question. The only place I see them as above average is QB and WR. Last year that was not the case.

Taog Redloh
10-30-2016, 12:11 PM
The whole bear broadcast crew torched and re-torched Evan Engram over the missed reception. No criticism for Swag's interception on the next play. Only gave Swag kudos for breaking St. Archie's record single game record. No mention that St. Archie lost in his big game.

Well, Ingram has to make that play. I think they were justified in that.

I'm more talking about nafoom.

Jacksondevildog
10-30-2016, 12:12 PM
I also saw that Breeland Speaks didn't play. In my opinion, he's their best DL. They said that he was NOT hurt. He "didn't have a good week of practice", per Freeze and Wommack. Wommack said that he's lost weight and he needs to get his weight back up. That seemed strange to me.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 12:20 PM
I also saw that Breeland Speaks didn't play. In my opinion, he's their best DL. They said that he was NOT hurt. He "didn't have a good week of practice", per Freeze and Wommack. Wommack said that he's lost weight and he needs to get his weight back up. That seemed strange to me.

Coach speak for suspended because of his actions while trying to cover up the fighting going on with the team.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Fans are such homers. I know it happens with us too. I don't like it when people just look at the surface and make a decision, like that Mitchell guy on the radio the other day, but with Ole Miss I think we are all educated enough to make a decent observation. I see guys over there blaming Kelly, wanting Womack fired, etc. None of them care to blame their OL and the fact that they aren't quite as talented as they have been in recent years.

At the end of the day it'll all be about the jimmy and joes. Always has been.

I will agree with them on Womack and having been saying they would fall back to his norm, league average to very poor on defense, as soon as Tom Allen left. He made a ton of their in game calls and adjustments.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2016, 12:34 PM
I will agree with them on Womack and having been saying they would fall back to his norm, league average to very poor on defense, as soon as Tom Allen left. He made a ton of their in game calls and adjustments.

This! Tom Allen was the key to their defense.

GTHOM
10-30-2016, 01:04 PM
They are one dimensional on offense. They aren't very good at LB or in the secondary. Their DL doesnt have very much depth so you can wear them down and gash them as the game goes on. Mullen should be ashamed he lost to Freeze especially in 2014 because Freeze isn't a very good coach. OM makes 0 in game adjustments their game rests on Chad Kelly and his WRs every single week. You can coach circles around Freeze. If we weren't a dumpster fire ourselves we could beat their ass in oxford

lastmajordog
10-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Where is Tom Allen now??

Leroy Jenkins
10-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Where is Tom Allen now??

Hoosier DC

I seen it dawg
10-30-2016, 01:32 PM
**** all those guys

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 03:06 PM
They are one dimensional on offense. They aren't very good at LB or in the secondary. Their DL doesnt have very much depth so you can wear them down and gash them as the game goes on. Mullen should be ashamed he lost to Freeze especially in 2014 because Freeze isn't a very good coach. OM makes 0 in game adjustments their game rests on Chad Kelly and his WRs every single week. You can coach circles around Freeze. If we weren't a dumpster fire ourselves we could beat their ass in oxford

I hear ya. And agree with a lot of that. But somehow Freeze has given Saban fits as well for the last 3 years.

Taog Redloh
10-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Freeze is a good coach dude. You sound as dumb as them.

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 03:32 PM
I hear ya. And agree with a lot of that. But somehow Freeze has given Saban fits as well for the last 3 years.

Bad luck and Lane Kiffen having his head up his ass had more to do with that than anything Freeze did.

Taog Redloh
10-30-2016, 03:36 PM
Bad luck and Lane Kiffen having his head up his ass had more to do with that than anything Freeze did.

Once, you might could say that. But twice? Sorry. Actually they almost beat them 3 times.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 03:39 PM

I agree with that, the first year with Kiffin, the second on bad luck, but the third year...they were right there again. I honestly think his system of just going as fast you can matches up against certain teams with the right pieces. And sometimes you just have a teams number. Saban is so far ahead of Freeze as far as coaching but he does like to get his defenses in the exact right call for every play, Freeze goes so fast at times they can't do that. I do think he has had an unequal amount of fortune against Bama that has enabled the wins.

GreenheadDawg
10-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Well, Ingram has to make that play. I think they were justified in that.

I'm more talking about nafoom.

Never mind the 100 other clutch plays he's made over the years. I think he's has more than earned his keep in that offense. He doesn't drop many

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Once, you might could say that. But twice? Sorry. Actually they almost beat them 3 times.

We run the exact same offense at our high school. My son can watch them play and call the play by the formation and down and distance about 70% of the time. It's not very complicated.

Bully13
10-30-2016, 03:51 PM

I was getting ready to post but I'll just bump this one.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-30-2016, 03:53 PM
OM makes 0 in game adjustments their game rests on Chad Kelly and his WRs every single week.

Our staff hasn't made an in game adjustment since Manny left.

Bully13
10-30-2016, 03:55 PM

No, GTHOM nailed it goat.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 04:19 PM

Good recruiter and a motivator - absolutely. I don't know that I'd call him a good coach. He's very inconsistent and has probably underperformed with the talent he has over the past couple of years. He is well regarded for beating Bama two times in a row, but not much else.

I seen it dawg
10-30-2016, 04:42 PM
If he is such a great ****ing coach how do you lose 3 games last year with all those players and 5, so far, this year?

Martianlander
10-30-2016, 05:31 PM

Unless I missed it Brent and Jessie failed to mention it as a loss either.

notsofarawaydawg
10-30-2016, 08:25 PM

He forgot to go to mid-week Bible Study and that's a no no with Freeze. ***

Bdawg
10-30-2016, 11:04 PM
delete

BossDawg
10-31-2016, 12:30 AM

This is definitely part of it. They have always sensationalized their roster. They want so bad to believe they are so elite that the only players who would come there are 1st round, morally superior super-humans.

messageboardsuperhero
10-31-2016, 06:17 AM
Freeze gives Saban fits because they are a terrible matchup for Bama. The only way to move the ball on a Saban defense is to generate big plays in the passing game and have a mobile QB break some runs- that is pretty much the entire UM offensive game plan. UM is able to hit the big plays in the passing game because Bama plays so much man coverage, which also frees up running lanes for Kelly.

It also helps that Kiffin loses his damn mind calling plays against them and throws it more than he runs it at them.

WSOPdawg
10-31-2016, 08:33 AM
If he is such a great ****ing coach how do you lose 3 games last year with all those players and 5, so far, this year?

Agree 100%, how else to explain the lack of development for their three beloved (over-rated) 1st rounders? I bet there's several teams (Vikings & Cardinals) who wish they had gone another direction in the 1st round of this past year's draft. The jury is still out on an over-paid guard who is being paid left tackle money in Miami.

LC Dawg
10-31-2016, 09:03 AM
Freeze gives Saban fits because they are a terrible matchup for Bama. The only way to move the ball on a Saban defense is to generate big plays in the passing game and have a mobile QB break some runs- that is pretty much the entire UM offensive game plan. UM is able to hit the big plays in the passing game because Bama plays so much man coverage, which also frees up running lanes for Kelly.

It also helps that Kiffin loses his damn mind calling plays against them and throws it more than he runs it at them.

It also helps when Ole Miss gets them early when Bama is breaking in a new lineup because their lineup from the previous year is playing in the NFL. Ole Miss didn't want any part of Bama at the end of last year and if they played them this week they would get blown out.