PDA

View Full Version : Injuries?? Does week 1 seem like there's been an abnormally high amount?

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Just seems like players are dropping like flies this weekend.

msstate7
08-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Lots of injuries. Worrying about concussions seems to be leading to torn up knees. Maybe the injury numbers are normal but they seem high

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Too many important games in week 1 IMO and the refs are also not on their A game. That is my opinion. Although it is good for TV, I think the fact the refs are not on their A game hurts things. I have also noticed quite a few defenders launch at the heads of players. OSU at least got away with three. That first head shot on Russell when he was sliding and the OSU defender launched into him was extremely huge IMO which might have been why he was timid and checking down in the first place as well.

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 11:31 PM
Too many important games in week 1 IMO and the refs are also not on their A game. That is my opinion. Although it is good for TV, I think the fact the refs are not on their A game hurts things. I have also noticed quite a few defenders launch at the heads of players. OSU at least got away with three. That first head shot on Russell when he was sliding and the OSU defender launched into him was extremely huge IMO which might have been why he was timid and checking down in the first place as well.

Should have been a 15 yarder. Refs had to be Pac12 if I had to guess.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 11:39 PM
Not only that but odds are good if they call that first 15 yarder they stop launching at our players those other two plays and Tyler doesn't get that concussion hit. You have to call that flag to protect the QB. Horrible that they picked it up. Basically by the refs picking it up, they got free reign to do it.

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 08:41 AM
They let OSU go high on him twice. The 3rd time was a knee.

Also, that INT was BS. he was out of bounds with his plant foot when he quit bobbling the ball.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 08:46 AM
They let OSU go high on him twice. The 3rd time was a knee.

Also, that INT was BS. he was out of bounds with his plant foot when he quit bobbling the ball.

Yes the int was bs, but Osu dropped 2 easy ones. I think TR needs this Alcon game something serious. His confidence is zero. Good thing we're facing 3 terrible defenses in a row. I'm sticking my neck out and calling 3 wins.

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 08:50 AM
I think 2 of the 3 INT/INT drops were tipped balls. I only saw one where he didn't lead Tubby going into the end zone and the DB undercut it.

Regardless, we played like garbage on O.

MarketingBully01
09-01-2013, 08:58 AM
He still launched at him and caught him with the knee. There was really no need for those players to launch at the QB in any case. The first one Russell was sliding. The concussion hit he was down anyway and it was a needless play.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Injuries are because teams don't really get after it during practice anymore like they used to. Once the physicality of the game starts guys get hurt. Every other play this wkd someone was limping or getting dinged. That's the thing you get handled in early August by being physical in practice. The game has changed. The pussification of NFL training camps has bled into college and it's just not physical anymore. That lends itself to injuries.