PDA

View Full Version : Coup D'etat is in progress regarding AD. Could get REAL UGLY... real quick...

Reunion Dog
10-29-2016, 09:10 PM

MetEdDawg
10-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Gonna leave us with that and not elaborate??

HereComesTheSpiral
10-29-2016, 09:12 PM
This should be a bannable offense.

missouridawg
10-29-2016, 09:14 PM

Yep

Reunion Dog
10-29-2016, 09:20 PM
U can't handle the truth?

There is a huge power struggle battle going on... including one group being blind sided....

Commercecomet24
10-29-2016, 09:20 PM

Absolutely!

GTHOM
10-29-2016, 09:21 PM

There is a huge power struggle battle going on... including one group being blind sided....

Sounds like a movie trailer

MaroonFlounder
Ram that pineapple up your ass.

MetEdDawg

Woukd love to know who's getting blindsided. Feel like that kind of stuff should be out in the open, especially since it involves the hiring of our AD. Tired of this back room shit. We need to know what the hell is going on.

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2016, 09:23 PM
It also could NOT get "real ugly, real quick"

Really Clark?
10-29-2016, 09:25 PM
It's been talked about on here for weeks that there are power plays going on behind the scenes. There is also a lot of misinformation being put out. That's why many have been careful about specifics.

Cloak
10-29-2016, 09:25 PM

Yup

MetEdDawg
10-29-2016, 09:26 PM
It's been talked about on here for weeks that there are power plays going on behind the scenes. There is also a lot of misinformation being put out. That's why many have been careful about specifics.

Well I've seen what's been posted but it's hard to sift through it all. Lot of information and probably misinformation out there.

Coursesuper
10-29-2016, 09:29 PM

There is some real infighting going on between a certain group of alumni and administrators. This could get very ugly like the pineapple guy says. This shat is pretty nasty.

Dawgface
10-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Well I've seen what's been posted but it's hard to sift through it all. Lot of information and probably misinformation out there.

Yeah....we need the good info laid out for us clueless viewers.

Dawgology
10-29-2016, 09:31 PM
See if you can be a little more mysterious and non-specific in the future. WAY to much too secret info in that first post. **

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-29-2016, 09:31 PM

Don't know, you haven't posted anything yet.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-29-2016, 09:43 PM
But according to Bonner we had a press conference 10 days ago and named an AD.

Reunion Dog
10-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Small black op group trying to keep favor they have by trying to push Cohen in. Will allow male cheerleader from Jackson prep to stay involved on every decision.

Pres and his group didn't see it happening.... been in works for a while... black op group small and able to move quietly... and get stronger at the same time....

civildawg
10-29-2016, 10:02 PM
Why can't our alumni let our administrators do their job? I don't understand. If cohen is the best candidate, then hire him. If he isn't, then hire the best candidate

Political Hack
10-29-2016, 10:06 PM

Somebody gets it. It's not like the Bryan building and Davis Wade are going to crumble and not exist because some boosters tried to pull the oopty oop on Keenum. Keenum will do want he wants with him (them?) and move along or do nothing. And regardless of what happens it's very likely they'll all be singing Kumbaya in 14 months anyway.

Backspin
10-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Small black op group trying to keep favor they have by trying to push Cohen in. Will allow male cheerleader from Jackson prep to stay involved on every decision.

Pres and his group didn't see it happening.... been in works for a while... black op group small and able to move quietly... and get stronger at the same time....

You have no idea what you're talking about.

BB30
10-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Why can't our alumni let our administrators do their job? I don't understand. If cohen is the best candidate, then hire him. If he isn't, then hire the best candidate

Egos can be a terrible thing sometimes.

IMissJack
10-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Will allow male cheerleader from Jackson prep to stay involved on every decision. ....

Why?

Coursesuper
10-29-2016, 10:25 PM

Very true about specifics. Lots of stuff to sift thru. But factions have formed there is a younger crowd 40's and and a much older crowd. There has been some movement to try to bring the two together to force a hire on the pres. When it's all said and done I think the older guy with real money will side with the pres. Whats bad it makes us looks bad trying to back the administration in a corner.

codeDawg
10-29-2016, 10:25 PM
The only reason to put Cohen in that position is to maintain control over the athletic program. He may certainly end up being a good AD, but he's not qualified. Every college athletics program in the US is ruled by a small group of boosters. Ours is smaller than most, hence the constant stream of "MSU guys" in the position.

What is in our best interest is to go outside and hire an up and comer, but that person might not agree with the money, so...

Backspin
10-29-2016, 10:26 PM
Reunion Dog....must be a boring night in Reunion...you are deep in the 4th hand info hoss.

sandwolf
10-29-2016, 10:28 PM

This all day.

Coursesuper
10-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Somebody gets it. It's not like the Bryan building and Davis Wade are going to crumble and not exist because some boosters tried to pull the oopty oop on Keenum. Keenum will do want he wants with him (them?) and move along or do nothing. And regardless of what happens it's very likely they'll all be singing Kumbaya in 14 months anyway.

Your right about a little bit in that but, egos are going to get bruised in this and there are already some pissed off folks right now.

fader2103
10-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Why should the anti JA cheerleader still get to call shots when he is no longer here?

Westdawg
10-29-2016, 10:32 PM
What happens in 14 months that'll cause the singing of a campfire song????

I seen it dawg
10-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Well these "factions" that are fighting are like toddlers fighting over a gi joe in a sandbox. They all have been pussies forever and won't make hard decisions or calls. It's a ****ing pillow fight amongst all these people. None of them have any ****ing balls to do what's best for the school. And if by chance any of them are reading then grab yourself by the ***** and do something for the program that's best for the program not your own interest for once. ****ing ****s.

Political Hack
10-29-2016, 10:36 PM
What happens in 14 months that'll cause the singing of a campfire song????

December 2017.

Course, I realize that but it'll pass. Administrations, just like coaches, come and go. The boosters are the ones that stay forever.

Reunion Dog
10-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Codedawg... +100. Spot on regarding maintaining control!

Op4isabitch
10-29-2016, 11:27 PM
Very true about specifics. Lots of stuff to sift thru. But factions have formed there is a younger crowd 40's and and a much older crowd. There has been some movement to try to bring the two together to force a hire on the pres. When it's all said and done I think the older guy with real money will side with the pres. Whats bad it makes us looks bad trying to back the administration in a corner.

Big money last name start with H?

BHildreth3
10-29-2016, 11:30 PM
The fact is that none of us know who is the best person for AD. We're not talking to Keenum everyday, we don't know who was 'awful' in the interview process, we don't know who applied for the job, we're all going on what we think we know because someone told us 'this and that'.

Yes, I agree that Keenum shouldn't have released the press release - he should have just said, we're still going through the interview process, but when the AD is announced, everyone should just relax and have faith that we hired, who we thought would be the best guy for the job.

JohnnyQuid
10-30-2016, 03:39 AM
Well these "factions" that are fighting are like toddlers fighting over a gi joe in a sandbox. They all have been pussies forever and won't make hard decisions or calls. It's a ****ing pillow fight amongst all these people. None of them have any ****ing balls to do what's best for the school. And if by chance any of them are reading then grab yourself by the ***** and do something for the program that's best for the program not your own interest for once. ****ing ****s.

solid

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-30-2016, 05:15 AM
Ram that pineapple up your ass.

LOL!!

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 06:52 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/lol1.gif

1bigdawg
10-30-2016, 11:06 AM
There are clearly people in the Athletic Department who want Cohen and are leaking things o try to help him. I don't know if that is working. They have lobbied for and received some alumni support, but are risking p***ing off the decision maker. Really they should stay out of it, but I guess it is just human nature.

basedog
10-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Wait a minute, for you folks saying Keenum was wrong calling out the sorry ass CL, Cohen wasn't announced so regardless Keenum needs Rep Points he was right Bonner and that sh*t paper was wrong. Made him look bad you say, wrong again look at the results, he didn't say Cohen was going to be announce that Tuesday. If Cohen wins out then he was the winner regardless what WE think. Pretty simple cause NONE of us know, only time will tell.

So what if there is a so called "pillow fight", I'm betting Keenum has rocks in his pillow and knocks out folks who aren't loyal. There is nothing unusual with alumni, administrators and fans disagreeing hell it happens at every University.

To be honest I have not a clue what is going on except we will get an AD that some will like and some will bitch, same thing with Mullen staying or going. I do know Mississippi State will survive, it's not always good but we seem to survive for decades and will continue somehow it's our history!

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Wait a minute, for you folks saying Keenum was wrong calling out the sorry ass CL, Cohen wasn't announced so regardless Keenum needs Rep Points he was right Bonner and that sh*t paper was wrong. Made him look bad you say, wrong again look at the results, he didn't say Cohen was going to be announce that Tuesday. If Cohen wins out then he was the winner regardless what WE think. Pretty simple cause NONE of us know, only time will tell.

So what if there is a so called "pillow fight", I'm betting Keenum has rocks in his pillow and knocks out folks who aren't loyal. There is nothing unusual with alumni, administrators and fans disagreeing hell it happens at every University.

To be honest I have not a clue what is going on except we will get an AD that some will like and some will bitch, same thing with Mullen staying or going. I do know Mississippi State will survive, it's not always good but we seem to survive for decades and will continue somehow it's our history!

That's why most of us are saying IF it's Cohen then Keenum will look bad. The Clarion-Ledger people are already making fun of MSU for denying something that the C-L broke and we still made the same announcent 48 hours later.

I think they were talking Tony Hughes leaving for Jackson State.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 11:41 AM
That's why most of us are saying IF it's Cohen then Keenum will look bad. The Clarion-Ledger people are already making fun of MSU for denying something that the C-L broke and we still made the same announcent 48 hours later.

I have said this 20 times, will say it 20 more. It makes no sense to make Cohen the AD unless he remains the baseball coach. I do not think there is any other path for Cohen here, and I'm still not convinced it's Cohen even though Paul Jones weighed in this week. I don't expect a formal hire until December with Wetherbee named as interim AD. If it was clearly Cohen's job, he'd have it by now.

Serious question: are our own people so ignorant as to think that Keenum is going to be bulldozed over by a few boosters? I don't see that happening at all.

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 11:42 AM

The point that y'all are missing is to what purpose was the info false or not leaked, that's the gist of all this. Think who is trying to gain from leaking info to the CL and who does Bonner have access to.

Dawgbite
10-30-2016, 11:44 AM
I was told by someone who should know, that the AD search and interviews had been put on hold temporarily while Kennum deals with his fathers health issues. Kennum doesn't want to make a distracted decision.

SDDawg
10-30-2016, 11:47 AM
The point that y'all are missing is to what purpose was the info false or not leaked, that's the gist of all this. Think who is trying to gain from leaking info to the CL and who does Bonner have access to.

Correct, Bonner doesn't have access to the decision maker and he's basing this on sources inside the department which may be out of the loop here.

basedog
10-30-2016, 11:52 AM

Todd, Cohen hasn't been announced nor was Bonner correct on him being announced that Tuesday. Making Keenum look bad IF Cohen is announced, I could care less, defending the CL for false information is wrong, Bonner was wrong and his ass should be called out not Keenum as again Cohen wasn't announced and may not be announced.

ScottH
10-30-2016, 11:55 AM
There are clearly people in the Athletic Department who want Cohen and are leaking things o try to help him. I don't know if that is working. They have lobbied for and received some alumni support, but are risking p***ing off the decision maker. Really they should stay out of it, but I guess it is just human nature.

"Senior Management" in athletics is a good ole boy network. It's in their best interest for status quo. No change in expectations.

AD from outside presents a whole new ball game.

That's why all the shenanigans. Really make me what to find a D3 team to support.

I want to have faith in Mark Keenum to bring in new blood. For some reason I just don't. Hope he proves me wrong.

lamont
10-30-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Cohen is going to be the AD

Keenum is stalling to keep from catching shit from the tantrum he threw. Anything can happen in these situations- but I wont be surprised to see Wetherbee remain interim until July and then Cohen named AD. Make Cohen finish out this season. We either pull Corbin from Vandy or hire the LSU asst.

basedog
10-30-2016, 12:04 PM

Keenum is stalling to keep from catching shit from the tantrum he threw. Anything can happen in these situations- but I wont be surprised to see Wetherbee remain interim until July and then Cohen named AD. Make Cohen finish out this season. We either pull Corbin from Vandy or hire the LSU asst.

I would be fine with that happening. But who knows, maybe Wetherbee will emerge. I really don't see Keenum being afraid of the CL. Hell I wish he would ban them from attending athletic events or telling all coaches to not interview or answer questions. Now that would be a statement.

Reunion Dog
10-30-2016, 12:44 PM
I was told by someone who should know, that the AD search and interviews had been put on hold temporarily while Kennum deals with his fathers health issues. Kennum doesn't want to make a distracted decision.

PassInterference
10-30-2016, 05:06 PM
With Ole Miss in the deepest trouble that any university has ever seen, save SMU, let's have internal power struggles and lose an unprecedented opportunity.

AROB44
10-30-2016, 05:10 PM
With Ole Miss in the deepest trouble that any university has ever seen, save SMU, let's have internal power struggles and lose an unprecedented opportunity.

Well.....this is the MSU way.

preachermatt83
10-30-2016, 05:19 PM

I will say again, if Cohen is hired as AD that is fine but they BETTER have a HR hire lined up for baseball. And an inexperienced guy like the LSU guy ain't it and there is gonna be a all out revolt.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 05:36 PM
I will say again, if Cohen is hired as AD that is fine but they BETTER have a HR hire lined up for baseball. And an inexperienced guy like the LSU guy ain't it and there is gonna be a all out revolt.

Revolt haha no. I'll be thrilled we won't be bunting in the 1st inning with zero outs anymore even if they hire a bucket of Double Bubble.

Noxdog
10-30-2016, 05:37 PM

Don't you have a sermon that you should be getting ready for? SMH.

the59dawg
10-30-2016, 06:05 PM
Just need Keenum to be like the general when he ditched LT and hired who he wanted. Turned out fine. I'm sure the insiders wanted to keep LT.

LC Dawg
10-30-2016, 06:28 PM

All out revolt? Will that involve fans marching on Lee Hall or the Bryan Building?

BB30
10-30-2016, 06:54 PM
If they move Cohen to AD that is a lazy hire. There has to be a better option out there that will benefit all of our programs. Not that I don't think Cohen would make a decent AD but he is a heck of a baseball coach. Why take a chance on him as AD when you know what you have in him as a coach. He becomes AD and doesn't do a good job what do we do then? Fire him and lose an alumnus that loves this school and would have not otherwise left for another baseball job. Also, if he does not do a good job as an AD you can bank on it that he will be coaching against us at another university in the SEC. We have a hard enough time finding coaches that will stick around why get rid of the one sure bet that isn't going anywhere.

preachermatt83
10-30-2016, 07:22 PM
Don't you have a sermon that you should be getting ready for? SMH.

Nah, no service tonight. Thanks for the concern though.

Noxdog
10-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Nah, no service tonight. Thanks for the concern though.

Preach, you are alright with me. Just busting balls.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Just need Keenum to be like the general when he ditched LT and hired who he wanted. Turned out fine. I'm sure the insiders wanted to keep LT.

Keenum wasn't the president, Fogglesong was

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Keenum wasn't the president, Fogglesong was

That's what he said lol

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 08:03 PM
That's what he said lol

Haha. Brain fart on my reading comprehension on that one.

IMissJack
10-30-2016, 09:16 PM
If they move Cohen to AD that is a lazy hire. There has to be a better option out there that will benefit all of our programs. Not that I don't think Cohen would make a decent AD but he is a heck of a baseball coach. Why take a chance on him as AD when you know what you have in him as a coach. He becomes AD and doesn't do a good job what do we do then? Fire him and lose an alumnus that loves this school and would have not otherwise left for another baseball job. Also, if he does not do a good job as an AD you can bank on it that he will be coaching against us at another university in the SEC. We have a hard enough time finding coaches that will stick around why get rid of the one sure bet that isn't going anywhere.

Agree with this post. I just don't see why we can't act like a major university in the best conference in America for once. Are you telling me that no one with experience wouldn't like to have that option, without an in house promotion? Not that I don't like having a MSU guy, but I like them to cut their administration teeth elsewhere, then hire them.

ScottH
10-30-2016, 09:25 PM
Fogglesong was

I do miss Fogelsong's disdain for BS and games.

Turfdawg67
10-30-2016, 09:33 PM

Delete