PDA

View Full Version : For those that said our defense was tired

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2013, 11:04 PM
I am not as sure. I think they may have just given up because our offense sucked balls. Looking at the stats they only ran three more plays than we did (70-73) and we won time of possession by 9 minutes. Our defense was only out there for 25 minutes. I was very disappointed to see our DB's playing 10 yards off the line again. That is a guaranteed five yard gain every time. Even heard the announcers saying we were playing a bend but don't break defense. I can't even talk about the offense without wanting to break things. We looked like a bunch of Girl Scouts on their periods out there on offense. A lot to correct or this will be a long season. The only bright spot is we have the talent to correct if we only will.

thf24
08-31-2013, 11:17 PM
The overall numbers are skewed by the fact that their offense couldn't do shit either for most of the first half, while ours had two good drives to start that took a lot of time off the clock. In the third quarter, our offense ran six total plays. I'm not sure exactly how many OSU ended up running but at one point it was 30. That's when our D looked the worst, and it looked to me like they picked it back up in the fourth a little when our O showed a glimmer of life, giving them a little more of a chance to rest. I'd say they definitely got tired.

archdog
08-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Also we gave them 39 seconds to substitute and catch their breath between each play. Why do we huddle then walk up to the line and almost always change the play.?

Bully13
09-01-2013, 08:23 AM
I am not as sure. I think they may have just given up because our offense sucked balls. Looking at the stats they only ran three more plays than we did (70-73) and we won time of possession by 9 minutes. Our defense was only out there for 25 minutes. I was very disappointed to see our DB's playing 10 yards off the line again. That is a guaranteed five yard gain every time. Even heard the announcers saying we were playing a bend but don't break defense. I can't even talk about the offense without wanting to break things. We looked like a bunch of Girl Scouts on their periods out there on offense. A lot to correct or this will be a long season. The only bright spot is we have the talent to correct if we only will.

excellent point...it's kind of like being a salesman but your company doesn't market effectively or offer competitive rates and expects you to overcome with sales skills alone... even though you are putting forth great effort you eventually get de-motivated due to lack of support.... it's hard for a D to stay pumped up and excited when they start to know that their O will not do anything to reward the team with some points