PDA

View Full Version : For the Fitz haters

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2016, 06:28 PM
He is a sophomore... more importantly, this team is winless without him.

Dawgface
10-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Lol. I feel better now.

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Lol. I feel better now.

:cool:

TimberBeast
10-29-2016, 06:36 PM
He is a Sophomore.... more importantly, this team is winless without him.

I almost bumped dawg61's dumbass post from yesterday about Fitz. More importantly, if Mullen would have left him in against south Alabama we have 4 wins now and fitz has one more full game of experience.

Coursesuper
10-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Just save it. This team has more holes in than the Titanic, one guy doesn't mean shit right now, this is not a team it is a bunch of individuals playing football fitz this fitz that it doesn't matter. At the end of the day this a 3-9 team And that sucks. Shit is still shit.

MarketingBully
10-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Just save it. This team has more holes in than the Titanic, one guy doesn't mean shit right now, this is not a team it is a bunch of individuals playing football fitz this fitz that it doesn't matter. At the end of the day this a 3-9 team And that sucks. Shit is still shit.

I agree with you there Coursesuper. Shit is still shit and this is a shitty football team.

Bothrops
10-29-2016, 06:43 PM
And people are complaining about the kicker...

MetEdDawg
10-29-2016, 06:46 PM
I almost bumped dawg61's dumbass post from yesterday about Fitz. More importantly, if Mullen would have left him in against south Alabama we have 4 wins now and fitz has one more full game of experience.

Yep. And who knows how that extra game of experience and another win on our record would have affected BYU. And then instead of going into this last 4 game stretch with 3 wins we could have 4 or 5. And the Egg Bowl could be a winner goes to a bowl game type game.

Dawgface
10-29-2016, 06:46 PM
And people are complaining about the kicker...

Yep...he's just one nugget of the shit pile.

TrapGame
10-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Yep...he's just one nugget of the shit pile.

Actually, he missed the shit pile to the left.

Dawg61
10-29-2016, 07:14 PM

He seemed to correct or try to correct some of the things I brought up so ok bud bump my post. I want you to.

gravedigger
10-29-2016, 07:14 PM

Im just glad that disaster tiano was judged on one bad play in the 3 hes been given.

I think thats plenty. Besides, mullen certainly knoes best. Its talent.

the59dawg
10-29-2016, 07:15 PM
I believe all his misses this year are from the right hashmark. Certainly the three most critical misses fm the right hash.

Dawg61
10-29-2016, 07:19 PM
I believe all his misses this year are from the right hashmark. Certainly the three most critical misses fm the right hash.

Maybe he should kick left footed

MetEdDawg
10-29-2016, 07:30 PM

Pretty sure the end game kick against USA was on the left hash.

The bigger concern is they've all been pulls. Missing the same way over and over again.

Reunion Dog
10-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Pretty sure the end game kick against USA was on the left hash.

The bigger concern is they've all been pulls. Missing the same way over and over again.

Corn Bread
10-29-2016, 10:03 PM

Was at DWS today. Fitz busted he ass, broke his back, and put it on the line for State this afternoon. The naysayers can 17 themselves. BTW, he has little help on the O line.

BB30
10-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Fitz looked better today. That being said there defense was pretty terrible. He will still have a couple of games this year against Arkansas and ole miss where he should be able to have some success and continue to improve.

tcdog70
10-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Was at DWS today. Fitz busted he ass, broke his back, and put it on the line for State this afternoon. The naysayers can 17 themselves. BTW, he has little help on the O line.

Corn Bread, you tell Em. Fitz was hell on wheels today. Got his helmet ripped off and still drug Mfer into the end zone.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-29-2016, 10:37 PM
Personally, and I know y'all don't give a shit, but I think Fitz is doing a pretty damn good job this year considering the shit he has blocking for him. I saw him get knocked on his ass once today and the OL that whiffed on his block stuck his hand out to help him up. Fitz grabbed it and pulled himself up. I told my buddy, I wish he would have slapped his hand away and gotten up and told him he didn't want his 17'n help getting up, he wanted him to 17'n do his damn job.

The night these 3 Sr. OL run on the field for Sr. night I'm going to shed a tear. A tear of 17'n joy. They got their ass knocked off the line today by f'n Samford at times. And Fitz still found a way to put up 56 and without having his head nearly ripped off would have been 63. Before the year is up Fitz is going to most likely surpass the yardage that Dak did his Soph year with a worse OL.

90% of our offensive production against Ky was from Fr. and Soph. Fr. and Soph. who will be playing together for 2 more years. I haven't looked at today's to see how it breaks down. Bottom line, our problem ain't with Fitz right now. If Brandon Bryant gave 1/2 the effort Fitz did, we'd be better. That's one among several on that side of the ball who need to sit for a while.

fader2103
10-29-2016, 10:48 PM

I was late getting into the stadium against USA. Didn't Fitz start the game? If so technically the loss goes against him.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-29-2016, 11:13 PM
I was late getting into the stadium against USA. Didn't Fitz start the game? If so technically the loss goes against him.

Did you go to Dudy Noble or Davis Wade?

Corn Bread
10-29-2016, 11:41 PM

Technically, its official your a dumb ass.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2016, 12:00 AM
Personally, and I know y'all don't give a shit, but I think Fitz is doing a pretty damn good job this year considering the shit he has blocking for him. I saw him get knocked on his ass once today and the OL that whiffed on his block stuck his hand out to help him up. Fitz grabbed it and pulled himself up. I told my buddy, I wish he would have slapped his hand away and gotten up and told him he didn't want his 17'n help getting up, he wanted him to 17'n do his damn job.

The night these 3 Sr. OL run on the field for Sr. night I'm going to shed a tear. A tear of 17'n joy. They got their ass knocked off the line today by f'n Samford at times. And Fitz still found a way to put up 56 and without having his head nearly ripped off would have been 63. Before the year is up Fitz is going to most likely surpass the yardage that Dak did his Soph year with a worse OL.

90% of our offensive production against Ky was from Fr. and Soph. Fr. and Soph. who will be playing together for 2 more years. I haven't looked at today's to see how it breaks down. Bottom line, our problem ain't with Fitz right now. If Brandon Bryant gave 1/2 the effort Fitz did, we'd be better. That's one among several on that side of the ball who need to sit for a while.

Yes sir. Great post

Commercecomet24
10-30-2016, 12:07 AM

Yes, yes, yes to all! Fitz has big ol Girodos!

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 12:18 AM

Well said and honestly it should have been 70 because we also had a TD called back on a bogus offensive PI call that should have been ruled incidental contact.

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Yes, yes, yes to all! Fitz has big ol Girodos!

I'm excited to see how he develops. I really don't understand people complaining about him. Yes he has a lot to learn but he's a sophomore and he will get better. Just like Dak did. Fitzgerald has already put his name in the record book without an exactly stellar supporting cast.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2016, 12:36 AM
I'm excited to see how he develops. I really don't understand people complaining about him. Yes he has a lot to learn but he's a sophomore and he will get better. Just like Dak did. Fitzgerald has already put his name in the record book without an exactly stellar supporting cast.

Exactly! He's learning and to be honest with all the drops, poor ol play and crappy defense we've played around him, he's held it together and is getting better. Courage under Fire! Think about it, he put us ahead against byu, put us ahead against uk and all we needed was one stop and all of a sudden he's won us 2 games with comebacks. Not only that the 2 minute drive right before the half for a td against umass was clutch and gave us the momentum for the second half. He's got the potential to be another good one if we don't screw it up.

Todd4State
10-30-2016, 02:12 AM
Exactly! He's learning and to be honest with all the drops, poor ol play and crappy defense we've played around him, he's held it together and is getting better. Courage under Fire! Think about it, he put us ahead against byu, put us ahead against uk and all we needed was one stop and all of a sudden he's won us 2 games with comebacks. Not only that the 2 minute drive right before the half for a td against umass was clutch and gave us the momentum for the second half. He's got the potential to be another good one if we don't screw it up.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I think we beat South Alabama if he plays more than the first two series. If we win that I think our season is totally different.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2016, 02:15 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 but I think we beat South Alabama if he plays more than the first two series. If we win that I think our season is totally different.

100% agree. It set the tone for the season. He would've settled in and been fine. We hit the panic button to soon, and pulled him. The what ifs.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 06:41 AM

We also beat USA if our kicker didn't suck ass and just made a bunny field goal. Mullen and Williams set him up to be the hero and he didn't want the glory I guess.

msbulldog
10-30-2016, 08:08 AM

I agree, Fitz is one tough nut and after he was tentative the first couple of games (rookie tentativeness), he has laid it on the line every game. I noticed yesterday his teammates were helping him off the ground and celebrating good things with him. I think his effort has won the team over.

msbulldog
10-30-2016, 08:13 AM

Agree, Bryant needs to be benched and told he either gets his a$$ in gear or it's process time. +1

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 08:29 AM
The problem I have had with Fitz has never been with his effort but with how Dan has used him which is on Dan. If you have Fitz throw the ball 30-40 times a game, that greatly diminishes our chance to win said game. Fitz is not a great passing QB at this time in his development yet Dan is calling plays like he is a polished Dak back there. That has greatly stymied this offense on a number of possessions this year. His short passing game improved tremendously yesterday; however for most of the season he has even been missing those passes. He did improve quite a bit yesterday and I am hopeful he will have more games like that and not games like the Auburn or LSU games. It's been trial by fire with Fitz because of Dan's pig headedness. If we bring him along like we did Relf and had more of a Relf style offensive attack, this is a 6-2 team (wins over USA, BYU, and U.K.). Mullen is IMO to blame for a lot of Fitz's woes in making him do things he just isn't ready to do in his development.

confucius say
10-30-2016, 08:29 AM

Football ain't baseball

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 08:35 AM
A 3-9 record was set in stone the minute Mullen looked at our personnel and said hey I know what we will do this year on offense. Let's run the same shit we did last year instead of from 2010. I'll use Fitz like 2015 Dak instead of use Fitz like 2010 Relf.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 08:46 AM
The problem I have had with Fitz has never been with his effort but with how Dan has used him which is on Dan. If you have Fitz throw the ball 30-40 times a game, that greatly diminishes our chance to win said game. Fitz is not a great passing QB at this time in his development yet Dan is calling plays like he is a polished Dak back there. That has greatly stymied this offense on a number of possessions this year. His short passing game improved tremendously yesterday; however for most of the season he has even been missing those passes. He did improve quite a bit yesterday and I am hopeful he will have more games like that and not games like the Auburn or LSU games. It's been trial by fire with Fitz because of Dan's pig headedness. If we bring him along like we did Relf and had more of a Relf style offensive attack, this is a 6-2 team (wins over USA, BYU, and U.K.). Mullen is IMO to blame for a lot of Fitz's woes in making him do things he just isn't ready to do in his development.

I see what you are saying but your observations are partially contradicting your logic. You saw Fitz improve yesterday because he has had to make these throws all season and is growing. Thought several times he took some off of his passes. Even some of his incompletions were from him trying to learn an "off-speed" throw. He doesn't get to this point without doing it all year. Secondly, we are more run dominate than I think many realize. It's not Relf offense by any means but we are running 55% of the time which is reverse of last year. But with this line I don't think we can try to run it nearly 70% of the time and be successful. We have to keep defenses guessing with a lot of run pass options. If we go too extreme they will just tee off on this line and disrupt a run or pass heavy offense.

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 08:56 AM
I see what you are saying but your observations are partially contradicting your logic. You saw Fitz improve yesterday because he has had to make these throws all season and is growing. Thought several times he took some off of his passes. Even some of his incompletions were from him trying to learn an "off-speed" throw. He doesn't get to this point without doing it all year. Secondly, we are more run dominate than I think many realize. It's not Relf offense by any means but we are running 55% of the time which is reverse of last year. But with this line I don't think we can try to run it nearly 70% of the time and be successful. We have to keep defenses guessing with a lot of run pass options. If we go too extreme they will just tee off on this line and disrupt a run or pass heavy offense.

Then we were always doomed to go 3-9 this year is basically what you are saying. I think there was a way for Fitz to grow and for this offense to be successful at the same time. The Dak offense and Dak sets were never it. Look at our offense from 2010 and look at our offense last year. This offense looks pretty much like last year's offense only without a polished Dak. The OL would be better as well if it was more of a run heavy attack from the sets from 2010 not last year. Dan called more of that offense against South Carolina to the tune of a 24-0 halftime lead. I was fooled into thinking then that we were going to go with the Relf attack until we played LSU and the rest of the year happened.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Then we were always doomed to go 3-9 this year is basically what you are saying. I think there was a way for Fitz to grow and for this offense to be successful at the same time. The Dak offense and Dak sets were never it. Look at our offense from 2010 and look at our offense last year. This offense looks pretty much like last year's offense only without a polished Dak. The OL would be better as well if it was more of a run heavy attack from the sets from 2010 not last year. Dan called more of that offense against South Carolina to the tune of a 24-0 halftime lead. I was fooled into thinking then that we were going to go with the Relf attack until we played LSU and the rest of the year happened.

We threw the ball 30 times against So Car and ran it 45. That's 60/40 run vs pass and we are little over 55% for the season running vs passing. That's just a 4 play difference in that game. With as many RPO's as we run, the defense dictated that a lot more than game plan.

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 09:31 AM
We threw the ball 30 times against So Car and ran it 45. That's 60/40 run vs pass and we are little over 55% for the season running vs passing. That's just a 4 play difference in that game. With as many RPO's as we run, the defense dictated that a lot more than game plan.

I know that if I was running a defense against us, I'd load up to stop the run and make MSU beat me with the pass.

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 09:44 AM

You're missing the point. In the South Carolina game, we didn't have Fitz sit back in the pocket. We rolled Fitz out to the left or right and had a moving pocket making it harder on the defense to get to him. We also had him make easier Relf type throws that could be runs or passes depending on what the defense gave him. Since that time, we have mainly just set Fitz back in the pocket and forced our OL to pass block which clearly they suck at. The scheme and play calling were very different in the South Carolina game vs the rest of the games.

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 09:47 AM
I know that if I was running a defense against us, I'd load up to stop the run and make MSU beat me with the pass.

In 2010, the only teams that could do that were Alabama, LSU, and Auburn since Relf had such a passing deficiency. Had we had Cam that year, we would have won the NC with that style offense.

BrunswickDawg
10-30-2016, 09:49 AM

Good to see you come around to an actual legitimate argument instead of calling Fitz an Ahole who can't play.

MarketingBully
10-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Good to see you come around to an actual legitimate argument instead of calling Fitz an Ahole who can't play.

It was a game thread and this team is frustrating as hell to watch. Sorry to call him an ahole which clearly I cannot say anyway as I don't know the kid.

BrunswickDawg
10-30-2016, 10:12 AM
It was a game thread and this team is frustrating as hell to watch. Sorry to call him an ahole which clearly I cannot say anyway as I don't know the kid.
10-4.
And that was pretty much my point in the game thread and in DAWG61's Friday thread. For whatever reason, Dan has decided that the best way to develop Fitz is keeping him in the Dak offense instead of the Relf offense. Ultimately, he may have looked at our future and thought the Relf offense gets us to 5-6 wins this year, but forcing Fitz grow up in the Dak offense gets us anywhere from 3-7 this year but could jump us ahead to 7-10 next year. What I don't think he counted on was kicking and D being absolute shit. We have the Graves from last year and our typical D and we are at worst 5-3 right now, maybe 6-2 with a shot to take 3 of 4 to wrap the season. Dan took a gamble, and probably crapped out.

Coursesuper
10-30-2016, 10:14 AM
In 2010, the only teams that could do that were Alabama, LSU, and Auburn since Relf had such a passing deficiency. Had we had Cam that year, we would have won the NC with that style offense.

We don't have that O line talent now.

Really Clark?
10-30-2016, 11:05 AM
You're missing the point. In the South Carolina game, we didn't have Fitz sit back in the pocket. We rolled Fitz out to the left or right and had a moving pocket making it harder on the defense to get to him. We also had him make easier Relf type throws that could be runs or passes depending on what the defense gave him. Since that time, we have mainly just set Fitz back in the pocket and forced our OL to pass block which clearly they suck at. The scheme and play calling were very different in the South Carolina game vs the rest of the games.

They were still what is in the playbook for this season and a lot of RPO in which the defense dictated a lot of that. 90% of the plays called in the So Car game were called yesterday. You get into different checks because of the defense. We didn't just one totally different playbook for that game. And if Fitz wasn't making the right reads against So Car he wouldn't have had near the yards not to mention nobody had good film o. His running until that game.

Dawg61
10-30-2016, 04:42 PM
10-4.
And that was pretty much my point in the game thread and in DAWG61's Friday thread. For whatever reason, Dan has decided that the best way to develop Fitz is keeping him in the Dak offense instead of the Relf offense. Ultimately, he may have looked at our future and thought the Relf offense gets us to 5-6 wins this year, but forcing Fitz grow up in the Dak offense gets us anywhere from 3-7 this year but could jump us ahead to 7-10 next year. What I don't think he counted on was kicking and D being absolute shit. We have the Graves from last year and our typical D and we are at worst 5-3 right now, maybe 6-2 with a shot to take 3 of 4 to wrap the season. Dan took a gamble, and probably crapped out.

Fitz put up some video game stats yesterday, I can't hate on him when he's throwing for 400 and rushing for 100. He has already set a couple All-Time records for MSU. Next step is to do it in SEC games. He was higher in the air than Herschel Walker on that goal line dive too. He is ridiculously athletic for a QB. He is built like Cam Newton but he's faster and can jump higher. That's scary! Accuracy, touch and mental makeup are his biggest weaknesses though. He's learning and he's one tough SOB so I am taking some solace in knowing he's taking his lumps now so he'll be better for it in the future.

Dolphus Raymond
10-30-2016, 05:12 PM
I am very pleased with Fitz's progress. If he continues to make progress AND exhibits leadership, he will be fine.

anubus
10-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Fitz is putting up good numbers if he had a better o line he would be even more productive.

louisvilledawg
10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Maybe he should kick left footed

Read a stat the other day (not 100% on the credibility of that stat) that said he hasn't missed a fg from 40-49 yards in 2 years and that he's missed 5 from within 30. Just unreal lack of focus or nerves from him with those easy kicks.