PDA

View Full Version : Guy on Twitter says one of our senior starters

Jarius
10-29-2016, 07:13 AM
Is out at 1 am drinking. Only reason I saw it was rosebowl responded to him. If true it is just another example of how immature and lost this team is.

Edit: it was apparently 2 redshirt senior starters, not just one. Didn't give the names.

missouridawg
10-29-2016, 07:21 AM
I find this very hard to believe because the entire team will be holed up in the same hotel with someone monitoring and enforcing a curfew.

msstate7
10-29-2016, 07:23 AM
I blame not hiring an experienced AD**

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Them sneaky ass 5th year starters are something else!!

gravedigger
10-29-2016, 08:02 AM
I find this very hard to believe because the entire team will be holed up in the same hotel with someone monitoring and enforcing a curfew.

Then Fitz being at bulldog bash befor the auburn game probably isnt believable either.

And yet, he was.

Taog Redloh
10-29-2016, 08:06 AM
No matter what type of looney stuff our fringe fans may try to make up, chemistry and all that crap isn't the problem with this team. It's a lack of talent.

FISHDAWG
10-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Is out at 1 am drinking. Only reason I saw it was rosebowl responded to him. If true it is just another example of how immature and lost this team is.

Edit: it was apparently 2 redshirt senior starters, not just one. Didn't give the names.

If I knew there was a possibility of losing to Samford I would be drinking too

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure if you're injured & not playing Saturday the curfew doesn't apply.

mic
10-29-2016, 08:58 AM
No matter what type of looney stuff our fringe fans may try to make up, chemistry and all that crap isn't the problem with this team. It's a lack of talent.

Its a lack more than the lack of talent...

mic
10-29-2016, 08:58 AM

Its a lot more than the lack of talent...

Jarius
10-29-2016, 09:03 AM

Lack of talent did not cause us to lose to South Alabama, BYU, or Kentucky no matter how much our fringe fans want to make it look like talent is our only issue.

SDDawg
10-29-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure if you're injured & not playing Saturday the curfew doesn't apply.

Don't let common sense and reason get in the way of a red-assed idiot fan.

Corn Bread
10-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Don't let common sense and reason get in the way of a red-assed idiot fan.

I was up dranking at 1am also. All is good.

I seen it dawg
10-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Curfews are made to be busted

I seen it dawg
10-29-2016, 09:42 AM
And what does it matter.

(If I knew how to gif this would be the Chinese groundskeepers scene from mAjor League. "They still shitty")

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Well, getting a good night's sleep & meeting curfew hasn't helped this team, so maybe drinking all night will.

I hope they hooked up with a big fat chick because I'm pretty sure this team could use a slump buster

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/F_f8l2RRKko/hqdefault.jpg

Coursesuper
10-29-2016, 09:55 AM

It's more than just a lack of talent, this team has interior issues.

NCDawg
10-29-2016, 09:56 AM

I agree, with a few exceptions--very few.

TrapGame
10-29-2016, 09:57 AM

Every time I read one of your posts now in my mind it's the stuffy British accent of Jonathon Quayle Higgins.

It's about the only thing keeping me sane on this board lately.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Who gives a shit? Are our idiot fans really trying to bust our own players for drinking? Good God.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Who gives a shit? Are our idiot fans really trying to bust our own players for drinking? Good God.

If we were 7-0 and had a different coach and different type team I would agree. But in Mullen's own words, he didn't realize how much leadership this team lost. So that's means our leaders on a leaderless team that's 2-5 paints this in an entirely different picture.

Todd4State
10-29-2016, 10:09 AM

Disagree. If they are on the team they should be held to the same standard as the players that are playing. And maybe Dan does hold them to the same standard and they snuck out. It's probably not rocket science to sneak out of the team hotel.

SDDawg
10-29-2016, 11:31 AM
Winning cures all: none of this shit matters if you win. No one cares if a few seniors are out having drinks the night before a FCS game. Seriously, if we're on track for 8+ wins no one says a thing and that's as it should be. Personally, at 2 wins I don't care if Holloway & Coman are out drinking last night. Makes zero difference.

TDawg52
10-29-2016, 11:58 AM
If I had to guess.... #88

BankerDog
10-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Man you guys would really hate to be around the baseball team during SEC Weekends.

gravedigger
10-29-2016, 12:37 PM

So, by that logic, we will not compete any better than right now UNTIL we get more talent.

And any improvement is only possible through the coming signing class.

Just when i think youve proven how little you know about college football, you actually lower the definition of "little".

Todd4State
10-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Man you guys would really hate to be around the baseball team during SEC Weekends.

Totally different sports. We don't hole our players up in a hotel for the weekend in baseball unless it's a road trip. It's also probably easier to play baseball hung over.

GTHOM
10-29-2016, 12:41 PM
I see problems with both sides, as far as for the fan theres no reason to bust them out on social media at least he didnt give names. For the players I dont care if you are injured it doesnt show very much leadership at all from seniors to be out doing that.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Isn't the team hotel in Tupelo the night before games? I highly doubt players are sneaking out and getting back to Starkville. If I'm a Sr and not playing the next day and not at the team hotel, I'm not sitting in my apartment and having lights out at 11:00. I'm getting out with my friends and having a good time. If you'd rather go to bed at 11, have at it.

msstate7
10-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Isn't the team hotel in Tupelo the night before games? I highly doubt players are sneaking out and getting back to Starkville. If I'm a Sr and not playing the next day and not at the team hotel, I'm not sitting in my apartment and having lights out at 11:00. I'm getting out with my friends and having a good time. If you'd rather go to bed at 11, have at it.

Royal sonesta on bourbon street**

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-29-2016, 01:19 PM

That explains it!

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Totally different sports. We don't hole our players up in a hotel for the weekend in baseball unless it's a road trip. It's also probably easier to play baseball hung over.

Not so fast!! Back around 1983 when I was in my early 20's I went back to Starkville for the weekend. We were playing Ole Miss in a weekend series. Ended up at someones apartment late that night and ran into 2-3 OM players. We ended up hanging out the rest of the night drinking and partying. They were shitfaced. I took them back to the old Holiday Inn on 12 around 2 am. One of the guys was OM closer. I told him I'd bring him a beer down in the bullpen. Around the 8th inning of a close game I showed up with a stadium cup full of beer. He downed it. I went back to my rig in the lounge and in the 9th inning here he comes into the game to close it out. I think we were down by 1 or 2. Got a couple of guys on and BAM! Walk off to win it. The folks I was with knew the story from the night before and me taking him a beer in the pen. They went crazy when we won it. I never saw him again and it's been so long I've forgotten his name. I've never forgotten about that weekend.

The next day I looked for my name in the box score as getting the win but the sob's left it out.

Homedawg
10-29-2016, 01:36 PM

The stay at the Hilton in Starkville.

Todd4State
10-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Prefer Hotel Monteleone personally.

RougeDawg
10-29-2016, 01:43 PM

The only thing lacking talent are the contents of your posts.

Would you believe water is dry if Mullen said so? That's how all of your posts are perceived by most on this board.

If you cannot see the reason we suck at this point, you never will. It's a lost cause, because you will never see that DM is the reason we are in the predicament we are in. We have the most talent on the team since he's been here, but he doesn't want to be here. Teams take on the personality of their coaches and that's why we are sitting at 2-5, looking at 3-9 and another 4 win season next year. It's difficult to motivate a team or group of people when their "leader" is defeated mentally and checked out.

Todd4State
10-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Not so fast!! Back around 1983 when I was in my early 20's I went back to Starkville for the weekend. We were playing Ole Miss in a weekend series. Ended up at someones apartment late that night and ran into 2-3 OM players. We ended up hanging out the rest of the night drinking and partying. They were shitfaced. I took them back to the old Holiday Inn on 12 around 2 am. One of the guys was OM closer. I told him I'd bring him a beer down in the bullpen. Around the 8th inning of a close game I showed up with a stadium cup full of beer. He downed it. I went back to my rig in the lounge and in the 9th inning here he comes into the game to close it out. I think we were down by 1 or 2. Got a couple of guys on and BAM! Walk off to win it. The folks I was with knew the story from the night before and me taking him a beer in the pen. They went crazy when we won it. I never saw him again and it's been so long I've forgotten his name. I've never forgotten about that weekend.

The next day I looked for my name in the box score as getting the win but the sob's left it out.

Awesome! Ha!

msstate7
10-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Prefer Hotel Monteleone personally.

I prefer being on poydras

Jarius
10-29-2016, 02:09 PM
AJ Jefferson is out for today with no injury listed, fwiw.

RougeDawg
10-29-2016, 02:25 PM

I'm sure we won't notice much difference on defense today as he's been virtually non existent since auburn game minus a fumble recovery.

Longtime Lurker
10-29-2016, 03:49 PM

They said he had surgery on his elbow last week. Should be back next week.