PDA

View Full Version : So, You Want Art Briles?

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2016, 06:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/startelegram/status/792133610849513472

19 football players accused of rape since 2011.

Can you fathom the law suit against the university that hires him, if a player is accused of rape while playing for him in his next job?

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Briles is just one level above paterno, barely. Both scum.

msstate7
10-28-2016, 06:21 PM
I'd rather re-hire croom than hire art briles.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Paterno and Briles make Petrino look like a saint.

msstate7
10-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Paterno and Briles make Petrino look like a saint.

Petrino doesn't belong in the same sentence with paterno and briles. Paterno condoned rape of children. Briles condoned rape of women.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 06:28 PM
No please.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2016, 06:36 PM
I am a MSU alumni and booster. I would not allow my daughter to go to MSU if he became our coach.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 06:39 PM
Petrino doesn't belong in the same sentence with paterno and briles. Paterno condoned rape of children. Briles condoned rape of women.

I absolutely 100% agree with I was just pointing out how evil I believe those 2 are. Petrino lacks character and a moral compass, those other 2 are condoning and covering criminals of the lowest form.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 06:40 PM
I am a MSU alumni and booster. I would not allow my daughter to go to MSU if he became our coach.

Same boat, same feelings

DogsofAnarchy
10-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Was Briles found guilty of something?

I absolutely 100% agree with I was just pointing out how evil I believe those 2 are. Petrino lacks character and a moral compass, those other 2 are condoning and covering criminals of the lowest form.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 07:13 PM

Didn't say he was found guilty of a crime said he covered it and by burying his head in the sand enabled it.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 07:26 PM
We don't need any of the Paterno, Patrino & Briles type coaches at MSU. I would rather struggle through mediocrity and hold my head up high and say I am proud of my Alma Mater.

Treemydawg
10-28-2016, 07:27 PM
Didn't say he commited a crime said he covered it and by burying his head in the sand enabled it.

That makes him just as guilty as the offenders.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 07:34 PM
That makes him just as guilty as the offenders.

I agree, I was just answering to the fact that he hadn't been found guilty of anything.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-28-2016, 07:36 PM
No way a state school touches him. Would have to be private school.

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 07:42 PM

Very much so, in the court of public opinion. Which in this type of case with the nature of the cover ups and victim intimidation, makes him radioactive.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2016, 07:47 PM
Everyone relax. Briles will NEVER even be an option at MSU. He'll never even get an interview.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2016, 07:56 PM

You can't recruit players at Parchman. Coaches have to be held accountable for the types of people they recruit and bring on a campus and the culture that they foster.

When it happens once, twice, three times in 5 years, its worrisome, but not a full blown problem. 19 times in 5 years is hideous and clearly a trend of brining people and cultivating a culture that should not be there.

Dawgtini
10-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Not the way today's mob mentality society works. You are guilty in the court of public twitter/social media until proven innocent. Even then, sometimes you are still guilty. Sad.

Dawgology
10-28-2016, 07:57 PM
Very much so, in the court of public opinion. Which in this type of case with the nature of the cover ups and victim intimidation, makes him radioactive.

Freeze will hire him as OC and send him to Haiti for the summer to atone. No problem.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 07:59 PM
You can't recruit players at Parchman. Coaches have to be held accountable for the types of people they recruit and bring on a campus and the culture that they foster.

When it happens once, twice, three times in 5 years, its worrisome, but not a full blown problem. 19 times in 5 years is hideous and clearly a trend of being people and cultivating a culture that should not be there.

This^^^

msstate7
10-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Freeze will hire him as OC and send him to Haiti for the summer to atone. No problem.

Om may hire him to replace freeze

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Not the way today's mob mentality society works. You are guilty in the court of public twitter/social media until proven innocent. Even then, sometimes you are still guilty. Sad.

You realize it was an actual arrest and then an independent third party HIRED by Baylor to look into their program that brought a lot of this to light? This wasn't started by social media.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 08:10 PM

There you go I call that a solution.+1

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 08:13 PM

I could see that and I'm only half kidding

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 08:21 PM
Briles said himself he made a mistake by delegating down. He didn't rape anyone. I don't see the issue here. Especially in this day and age of crying rape for financial gain, pardon me for understanding why he didn't jump head first into this.

I don't care what the media says is radioactive. F*ck the media. Briles is not out there advocating and willingly enabling rape. That's absurd. THINK before you just lap up the ******l discharge secreted from the media.

BeardoMSU

You must be astoundingly unaware of the situation at Baylor that Briles presided over....

But hey...if ain't my daughter, so what, right?

Statecoachingblows**

That's a heapin helpin of heppin there. Gonna need to look further into the 3rd world, Haiti won't cut it on that one.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 08:27 PM
You must be astoundingly unaware of the situation at Baylor that Briles presided over....

But hey...if ain't my daughter, so what, right?

He knows just as much as you.

msstate7
10-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Briles said himself he made a mistake by delegating down. He didn't rape anyone. I don't see the issue here. Especially in this day and age of crying rape for financial gain, pardon me for understanding why he didn't jump head first into this.

I don't care what the media says is radioactive. F*ck the media. Briles is not out there advocating and willingly enabling rape. That's absurd. THINK before you just lap up the ******l discharge secreted from the media.

Didn't Chris Peterson tell briles a player was guilty of rape or sexual assault and briles still took the player?

You may wanna win at any cost, but selling out my morals for a football game is pretty terrible.

Dawgtini
10-28-2016, 08:28 PM
You realize it was an actual arrest and then an independent third party HIRED by Baylor to look into their program that brought a lot of this to light? This wasn't started by social media.
You do realize that Briles was not fired and has not been charged with a crime or covering up a crime? I am not defending him just stating that the mob has found him guilty without all the facts.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2016, 08:31 PM
He knows just as much as you.

It really is interesting the types of things you love to come on here and defend.

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 08:32 PM

Information is now also coming that wasn't truthful either. In at least one instance, that is being reported by Baylor regents, the investigation uncovered that he knew of an assault and kept it hide from the police, university, and Title IX office. That's not just a bad information flow to keep himself insulated from what was going on. And no mistake he made that chain of command on purpose. Deplorable conduct

BeardoMSU
10-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Didn't Chris Peterson tell briles a player was guilty of rape or sexual assault and briles still took the player?

Correct. But don't bring facts to a Goat conversation...

smootness
10-28-2016, 08:33 PM

Sorry, but this is awful.

msstate7
10-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Deplorable conduct

Briles gives us deplorables a bad name**

BeardoMSU
10-28-2016, 08:36 PM

Ah, the joys of anonymity. You wouldn't dare put your name on this bull shit.

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 08:39 PM
You do realize that Briles was not fired and has not been charged with a crime or covering up a crime? I am not defending him just stating that the mob has found him guilty without all the facts.

He was officially fired, announced in May 28 this year. He is wrapped up in multiple lawsuits. The mob had no clue to the extent of what was going on until that Pepper Hamilton report. And he lied to his regents and on TV about his knowledge per that investigation.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Information is now also coming that wasn't truthful either. In at least one instance, that is being reported by Baylor regents, the investigation uncovered that he knew of an assault and kept it hide from the police, university, and Title IX office. That's not just a bad information flow to keep himself insulated from what was going on. And no mistake he made that chain of command on purpose. Deplorable conduct
If that is true, then sure. I haven't read this latest stuff, but I assumed it was more media BS.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Ah, the joys of anonymity. You wouldn't dare put your name on this bull shit.

Shaming is a favorite technique of the cowardly. It doesn't hurt to be devils advocate or at least ask questions.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Shaming is a favorite technique of the cowardly.

Yeah, ok. You're the one in Art Briles corner.

Bookmark this thread. In a year or so, we'll come back to it.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Yeah, ok. You're the one in Art Briles corner.

Bookmark this thread. In a year or so, we'll come back to it.

You mean when another team hires Art Briles?

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Sorry, but this is awful.

Duke ring a bell? And that had public attorneys involved.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2016, 08:52 PM
You mean when another team hires Art Briles?

Sure, then lets see where the ongoing and future investigation takes them...

Winning games isn't everything. Football is just a sport. For the people who actually have degrees from MSU, the university means much more to them than what happens on Saturdays.

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 08:58 PM

Terrible miscarriage of justice. It also revolves around one victim and 3 players of a falsely accused single event. Baylor football has 17 different victims just since 2011 and 19 different players. Huge difference.

smootness
10-28-2016, 09:03 PM

You don't know what you're talking about. Briles hid information so that it wouldn't even be investigated. Regardless of the facts of each case, Briles is awful. He didn't care to know the truth.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Terrible miscarriage of justice. It also revolves around one victim and 3 players of a falsely accused single event. Baylor football has 17 different victims just since 2011 and 19 different players. Huge difference.
I admit I have not read a thing about Baylor. I just see that Briles hasn't been accused of a crime...yet. I figured it was an association like Calipari.

A lot of people's lives get ruined over false accusations. That's my point.

smootness
10-28-2016, 09:10 PM
I admit I have not read a thing about Baylor.

Holy crap, dude. As someone who has read plenty about it, my sincere suggestion is that you stop trying to defend him. It won't turn out well for you.

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 09:15 PM
I admit I have not read a thing about Baylor. I just see that Briles hasn't been accused of a crime...yet. I figured it was an association like Calipari.

A lot of people's lives get ruined over false accusations. That's my point.

A lot of people do but we already have multiple convictions. And when the coach deliberately tries to keep knowledge of events getting to him by purposefully creating a process to do so, hides information when it does still get to him, and lie about it, that's way beyond falsely accused stage. Not to mention that neither him nor anybody else are making claims that some of these are false claims. Honestly I think possible criminal charges of at a minimum of impeding criminal investigations can come out of these pending lawsuits.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 09:17 PM
A lot of people do but we already have multiple convictions. And when the coach deliberately tries to keep knowledge of events getting to him by purposefully creating a process to do so, hides information when it does still get to him, and lie about it, that's way beyond falsely accused stage. Not to mention that neither him nor anybody else are making claims that some of these are false claims. Honestly I think possible criminal charges of at a minimum of impeding criminal investigations can come out of these pending lawsuits.
Fair enough. He was the front runner for the Auburn job a few weeks ago, I figured the whole thing had blown over. But again I didn't read any of it.

Guess I'll move on to Willie Taggart or Ken N.

Really Clark?
10-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Fair enough. He was the front runner for the Auburn job a few weeks ago, I figured the whole thing had blown over. But again I didn't read any of it.

I was never a believer of that while he was tied up in the lawsuits. And at the time posted that he was not a candidate unless nothing else came out and he was dismissed from the lawsuits. Way too much was still unknown with what could happen at that time.

I seen it dawg
10-29-2016, 12:06 AM
Baylor/Briles ain't over. I said this a couple weeks ago. There is more to what everybody has been exposed to right now. Briles is not an option for anyone.

Dawgtini
10-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Baylor and Art Briles parted ways with a settlement.
https://www.google.com/amp/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2641206-art-briles-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-coachs-future-with-baylor.amp.html

Many are now calling it a firing after the latest round of revelations, and yes it appears to be bad and it appears that Briles was at least involved in the cover up of some bad shtuff. But again there have been no charges. If it remains that way, someone will take a chance in him. I hope it won't be us because we already have a dang good coach.

DogsofAnarchy
10-29-2016, 11:16 AM
A lot of people these days willing to cast stones and they themselves have shortcomings. The facts of this case involve the coach admitting that he didn't know enough about the situation because he delegated authority. He has been held accountable by being fired. Should he never be able to work again? No. He should and will be hired by a school that wants a good coach, soon. Will he be held accountable for things he has NO control over at the new school? Yes. That's the nature of the job and Social Justice today.

QUOTE=Taog Redloh;639691]Briles said himself he made a mistake by delegating down. He didn't rape anyone. I don't see the issue here. Especially in this day and age of crying rape for financial gain, pardon me for understanding why he didn't jump head first into this.

I don't care what the media says is radioactive. F*ck the media. Briles is not out there advocating and willingly enabling rape. That's absurd. THINK before you just lap up the ******l discharge secreted from the media.[/QUOTE]

smootness
10-29-2016, 11:18 AM
A lot of people these days willing to cast stones and they themselves have shortcomings. The facts of this case involve the coach admitting that he didn't know enough about the situation because he delegated authority. He has been held accountable by being fired. Should he never be able to work again? No. He should and will be hired by a school that wants a good coach, soon. Will he be held accountable for things he has NO control over at the new school? Yes. That's the nature of the job and Social Justice today.

You also don't appear to know enough about this situation.

Really Clark?
10-29-2016, 11:26 AM

The facts of the case is that is not the truth. That is just what he has said. What was published yesterday was the investigation uncovered he did know of at least one assault and helped cover it up. Never reported it to the police, university or Title IX compliance as is required. He will not over come that any time soon. He is morally corrupt an could very well end up facing criminal charges while already involved with multiple lawsuits. Read up on the case before exposing your own willingness to win a game over what is morally correct as a human being.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2016, 12:19 PM

QUOTE=Taog Redloh;639691]Briles said himself he made a mistake by delegating down. He didn't rape anyone. I don't see the issue here. Especially in this day and age of crying rape for financial gain, pardon me for understanding why he didn't jump head first into this.

I don't care what the media says is radioactive. F*ck the media. Briles is not out there advocating and willingly enabling rape. That's absurd. THINK before you just lap up the ******l discharge secreted from the media.[/QUOTE]

You need to read more. He's in trouble, he knew what was going on and covered it. He will be lucky if he doesn't go to jail.

I seen it dawg
10-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Baylor has all they need to bury Briles forever. They are withholding it for now and giving the Briles camp rope because if Baylor unleashes all they have it will for sure be nuclear and both sides are dead. So Baylor is trying to not release it for self preservation.

Really Clark?
10-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Baylor has all they need to bury Briles forever. They are withholding it for now and giving the Briles camp rope because if Baylor unleashes all they have it will for sure be nuclear and both sides are dead. So Baylor is trying to not release it for self preservation.

Especially while they are both tied together in these lawsuits.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2016, 01:26 PM

Exactly! With these lawsuits ongoing, it would be Armageddon for both.