PDA

View Full Version : Getting booze into stadium?

blacklistedbully
10-28-2016, 01:26 PM
I believe I was told Fridays are the only day to freely take booze into Davis Wade. Is it true one can't bring alcohol into the stadium on Saturday?

Thanks.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Can you even on fridays? College students are always sneaking it in, so im guessing it's pretty strict
No alcohol in the stadium. Also, security constantly confiscates it

SaintDawg
10-28-2016, 01:37 PM
I've been walking into games with booze in my boots for years. Never had a problem. Just don't act like a drunken ass and be discreet.

Bass Chaser
10-28-2016, 01:59 PM
I believe I was told Fridays are the only day to freely take booze into Davis Wade. Is it true one can't bring alcohol into the stadium on Saturday?

Thanks.

I know that's when you stock your locker in the GI.

Johnson85
10-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Can you even on fridays? College students are always sneaking it in, so im guessing it's pretty strict
No alcohol in the stadium. Also, security constantly confiscates it

I'm assuming he's talking about club level.

lastmajordog
10-28-2016, 05:16 PM
that is the ONE thing I miss about walking into the stadium in Jackson back in the day...the smell of cigars and bourbon was intoxicating......in a wonderful way

RocketDawg
10-28-2016, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Friday is the day of locker "servicing", as they call it. Basically, it's the day they allow you to bring university-unapproved booze into the game, even though it's not allowed on campus. Gotta make sure and use an opaque cup though ... not sure why.

Wonder what they'd do if you lit up a ciggy now that smoking is prohibited on campus?

Dallas_Dawg
10-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Just stick a pint in your back pocket or boot and don't look back

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Wonder what they'd do if you lit up a ciggy now that smoking is prohibited on campus?

If you have enough money, they'll treat it the same as booze. They just need to go ahead and sell beer in the stadium.

RocketDawg
10-28-2016, 06:08 PM
If you have enough money, they'll treat it the same as booze. They just need to go ahead and sell beer in the stadium.

Yep, I agree. The University could make a small fortune. Might even consider mixed drink sales too. But they'd really have to crack down on individuals bringing booze in or it'd never go over well.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Problem is you have to change a state law that says no alcohol on state property. Archaic I Know, contact your legislator.

RocketDawg
10-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Problem is you have to change a state law that says no alcohol on state property. Archaic I Know, contact your legislator.

Well ... that state law isn't getting in the way as it stands now. Yet you can't smoke a legal cigarette or cigar on campus. Odd.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 07:30 PM
Well ... that state law isn't getting in the way as it stands now. Yet you can't smoke a legal cigarette or cigar on campus. Odd.

Really stupid, at least allow smoking on the ramps like it used to be.