PDA

View Full Version : From "9 over 3" to Alford writing this...

Leroy Jenkins
10-28-2016, 12:47 AM
My how times have changed.

http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-alford-excitement-fizzles-big-questions-begin/

"Some in the national media have suggested that Ole Miss self-impose a postseason ban for this season. Whatever bowl the Rebels reach will be a drop of several tiers from the New Year’s Six games of the last two seasons.

That’s an interesting thought. It would be a bone the school could throw to the NCAA, but the NCAA is going to do what it wants to do when it wants to do it. It will eventually put its own stamp on the investigation. It’s put too much time into this to believe it will only accept penalties already imposed by the school and simply move on."

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 06:22 AM
And reality is starting to sink in!

Thick
10-28-2016, 06:31 AM
It hasn't completely set in, because he does say that HF can recruit them back into the last 2 years, but it will be tough due to scholly reductions. He's not going to be the coach for anyone next year

Bucky Dog
10-28-2016, 07:00 AM
Yeah there is no reality setting in. Alford says Freeze recruited them out of their lowest state before, AND will do it again! Does this idiot not know the entire investigation is based on him cheating to get those recruits??! Does he not get that there is a very strong likelihood Freeze will not be the coach next year??!

CadaverDawg
10-28-2016, 07:06 AM
It hasn't completely set in, because he does say that HF can recruit them back into the last 2 years, but it will be tough due to scholly reductions. He's not going to be the coach for anyone next year

Are they really too damn stupid to realize that the ONLY reason Freeze recruits like he does, is because of the cheating? I keep seeing OM people say "we'll take our penalty and then be back to the level we were last year in a few years". I don't think these fools realize the severity of this. Not only could this be crippling sanctions, but it will cut out the one thing they've done illegally to get to where bowling is even a yearly option....not to mention they may lose the guy that orchestrated it all from behind his phony pulpit. It just blows my mind seeing Rebel fans acting like this will be a one year speed bump and then it's back to what they've been doing. I don't think most of them know football enough to realize that this COULD be a nuclear bomb that destroys their program for 10 years or so. (Here's to that being the case.)

CadaverDawg
10-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah there is no reality setting in. Alford says Freeze recruited them out of their lowest state before, AND will do it again! Does this idiot not know the entire investigation is based on him cheating to get those recruits??! Does he not get that there is a very strong likelihood Freeze will not be the coach next year??!

Beat me to it. My thoughts exactly

msstate7
10-28-2016, 07:21 AM
I was all for a speedy resolution to this NCAA trouble, but now I wouldn't mind if it stretched into next season. This threat of trouble has finally at least really slowed down their boosters and their class could really be bad. If they have 1 more class like this before probation even starts, they'll be getting 20-30 pts in every sec game once probation hits

Coackjek
10-28-2016, 07:24 AM
What is to stop them from hiring Freeze after his show cause and going back to business as usual in 2-5 years? Didn't UCLA either do the same thing or demote a coach to a non-coaching position after a show cause?

msstate7
10-28-2016, 07:26 AM
What is to stop them from hiring Freeze after his show cause and going back to business as usual in 2-5 years? Didn't UCLA either do the same thing or demote a coach to a non-coaching position after a show cause?

If they re-hired freeze after a show cause, the NCAA would set up a field office in Oxford

Coackjek
10-28-2016, 07:39 AM
If they re-hired freeze after a show cause, the NCAA would set up a field office in Oxford

Kinda figure that as well. But OM has shown they are arrogant enough to do it. Because they continue to crow about his innocence.

TrapGame
10-28-2016, 07:50 AM
Soon. It's coming. Prepare thy anus.

http://rs286.pbsrc.com/albums/ll120/nextbestsuperstar_2008/GIFs/tumblr_lbzmv57PN21qzllsr.gif~c200

http://i.imgur.com/zh3N1dJ.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/d2lcHJTG5Tscg/giphy.gif

Thick
10-28-2016, 08:01 AM
I really think that with his involvement, the number of lvl 1 violations (that total could increase), the number of players that have rolled on him, and the fact that none of his assistants have been canned (someone's going to roll on him to reduce their show cause) that he won't coach at a D1 school again. The new rules that place a lot of accountability on the HC really could/should end his coaching career.

BulldogBear
10-28-2016, 08:24 AM
What's the 30for30 going to be? "Hugh, the Hacker, and the Hooker" ??

Mjoelner34
10-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Hey Alford, have why haven't you published this documentation yet? You wrote the story May 2nd.
http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-alford-truth-in-tunsil-affair-may-be-in-paperwork/
"Sources say the school will be able to document that money given to Tunsil was done so through the NCAA Student Assistance Fund. If so, a request to help with rent or utilities is likely an allowable use of the fund."

I think we all know the answer but the in-state rebelbearshark-run media and the people that live in the land of cold chicken tenders prefer to whistle past the graveyard instead of accepting the truth.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 08:35 AM
I really think that with his involvement, the number of lvl 1 violations (that total could increase), the number of players that have rolled on him, and the fact that none of his assistants have been canned (someone's going to roll on him to reduce their show cause) that he won't coach at a D1 school again. The new rules that place a lot of accountability on the HC really could/should end his coaching career.

THIS^^^^^

ILOATHEBears
10-28-2016, 08:38 AM

With his hands tied this years recruiting is mid 50s. That in itself shows any normal thinking person that he can only recruit with extra benefits. If Oxford was still so awesome he would have a top 5 class NCAA be damn

WSOPdawg
10-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Hey Alford, have why haven't you published this documentation yet? You wrote the story May 2nd.
http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-alford-truth-in-tunsil-affair-may-be-in-paperwork/
"Sources say the school will be able to document that money given to Tunsil was done so through the NCAA Student Assistance Fund. If so, a request to help with rent or utilities is likely an allowable use of the fund."

I think we all know the answer but the in-state rebelbearshark-run media and the people that live in the land of cold chicken tenders prefer to whistle past the graveyard instead of accepting the truth.

Rep given!!! Outstanding!!!

WSOPdawg
10-28-2016, 08:45 AM
I was all for a speedy resolution to this NCAA trouble, but now I wouldn't mind if it stretched into next season. This threat of trouble has finally at least really slowed down their boosters and their class could really be bad. If they have 1 more class like this before probation even starts, they'll be getting 20-30 pts in every sec game once probation hits

The NCAA really needs to bring this chapter to a close so that they can start on the next one (because you know TCUN can't help themselves and will be up as a repeat offender within 3 years). I'm ready to hammer their ass, let's go NCAA, enough's enough already.

I'm ready to see crocodile tears from the TCUN faithful (who btw swear they've done nothing wrong even though their cheating ways have come at the expense of MSU and the rest of the SEC).

Todd4State
10-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Are they really too damn stupid to realize that the ONLY reason Freeze recruits like he does, is because of the cheating? I keep seeing OM people say "we'll take our penalty and then be back to the level we were last year in a few years". I don't think these fools realize the severity of this. Not only could this be crippling sanctions, but it will cut out the one thing they've done illegally to get to where bowling is even a yearly option....not to mention they may lose the guy that orchestrated it all from behind his phony pulpit. It just blows my mind seeing Rebel fans acting like this will be a one year speed bump and then it's back to what they've been doing. I don't think most of them know football enough to realize that this COULD be a nuclear bomb that destroys their program for 10 years or so. (Here's to that being the case.)

Short answer- yes they are too damn stupid.

But that makes the end of this more fun for us when the bomb goes off!

Todd4State
10-28-2016, 08:50 AM

If you though that the NCAA coming after Jackie was bad that would top it. I hope they do it.

BossDawg
10-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Baahhhh come on, guys! Get a grip! Come back down to earth. The investigation has been over for a while! If Rosebowl would shut his trap it would all go away. Yakkidy, yakkidy, wakka, wakka, yada, yada, yada....

mic
10-28-2016, 09:16 AM
The only question left is..
Wil the 30 for 30 be a 2 or 3 part series

Jarius
10-28-2016, 09:16 AM
They are recruiting in the 50s right now with a talent depleted roster in all spots except the dline, receiver, and qb. Imagine how bad it's going to get after they land a shitty class this year to add to that depleted roster and then tack on 3 years of crippling probation and scholly reductions. We may go 3-9 this year and have to change coaches, but they are up shit creek for a really long time and it's nice to see the slide start right now. No one deserves it more than that fan base except for their cock sucking journalists that have been carrying their water for the past year.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2016, 09:17 AM

This is my thought as well. This year is like the 1st UNOFFICIAL year of probation.

If they start probation with no players, it just makes things exponentially worse.

If the NCAA wants to wait til Spring of 2018 to hand down penalties, I'd be OK with that

Political Hack
10-28-2016, 09:34 AM
"9 over 3" should tell you how clued in their website writers are. The schools self imposed 11. They didn't even know what the school was going to impose on itself. That's bad. They're either getting lied to and slurping it up like morons or they're flat out lying to their subscribers.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2016, 09:42 AM

That was JWS down fall. That investigation took three years or so and it made it impossible to get recruits.

Bubb Rubb
10-28-2016, 09:44 AM

This is right. There is no reality setting in. The narrative continues to be that Ole Miss is being unfairly persecuted by the NCAA and this will end up being a bump in the road that they will be able to recover from.

I have said all along that I wanted this thing to drag on because as it does, they are already on probation from a recruiting standpoint because everyone else uses the investigation against them on the trail. Many here disagreed because in their eyes Freeze and Co will still buy the players and get them in there, but I think you're seeing first-hand that this won't be the case at all. Ole Miss is currently being out-recruited by Western Kentucky. As long as that cloud is over their head, they are going to struggle. There is no better recipe than to see their recruiting tank this February due to the investigation, and then get hammered in the spring after that. Whatever penalties they get, you can add a year to it because of what's happening right now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-28-2016, 09:48 AM

It should be a complete box set with behind the scenes and a copy of Steve's book.

Coackjek
10-28-2016, 09:57 AM

It will be a full season 24 episodes, give or take.

Coackjek
10-28-2016, 09:59 AM
It should be a complete box set with behind the scenes and a copy of Steve's book.

And his commentary

QuadrupleOption
10-28-2016, 10:05 AM

You know oddly enough I kind of hope Freeze makes it through. Neither he nor anyone on his staff have shown any ability to actually develop talent. So if they aren't getting can't-miss NFL prospects the normal TSUN way, they aren't doing shit even after they come off of scholarship reductions.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2016, 10:07 AM
And his commentary

And a stack of $100 bills disguised as a King James Bible, compliments of Rev. Freeze.***

BB30
10-28-2016, 10:26 AM
You know oddly enough I kind of hope Freeze makes it through. Neither he nor anyone on his staff have shown any ability to actually develop talent. So if they aren't getting can't-miss NFL prospects the normal TSUN way, they aren't doing shit even after they come off of scholarship reductions.

Yea, I also think I would enjoy watching Freeze and co. suffer through several years of 1-3 win seasons. But, if they get hammered as hard as we are thinking he won't be around, he will either get a show cause or after a year or so of sucking will get fired. I find it funny that they call us little brother, but this all started and they went all in once we started beating their ass every year. They just could not stand it. Had to pull a hey look at me, look at me, we are relevant. Their arrogance and ego is what got them hammered and I for one can't wait to see the hammer fall.

GTHOM
10-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Im gonna say the penalties come down this spring. Its been 4 years

Bubb Rubb
10-28-2016, 10:33 AM

Even their can't-miss NFL prospects are not really producing in the NFL as expected. I think it goes back to his inability to develop talent.

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2016, 10:35 AM

Are you talking about the TV show or what their scholarships reductions will be?

mic
10-28-2016, 10:54 AM
They are recruiting in the 50s right now with a talent depleted roster in all spots except the dline, receiver, and qb. Imagine how bad it's going to get after they land a shitty class this year to add to that depleted roster and then tack on 3 years of crippling probation and scholly reductions. We may go 3-9 this year and have to change coaches, but they are up shit creek for a really long time and it's nice to see the slide start right now. No one deserves it more than that fan base except for their cock sucking journalists that have been carrying their water for the past year.

Excpet for Dline...?
Better check that roster again and look at what they have coming in.. And M Haynes will declare for the draft.
Their Dline is going to be hurting next year as well

ILOATHEBears
10-28-2016, 11:01 AM
And his commentary

If I'm Steve I release my book on April 28

CadaverDawg
10-28-2016, 11:01 AM
And his commentary

I wish part of the probation was that every Ole Miss fan had to change their ring tone to Steve Robertson saying "I....am YOUR good friend and HOST, Steve Robertson"

Political Hack
10-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Even their can't-miss NFL prospects are not really producing in the NFL as expected. I think it goes back to his inability to develop talent.

Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze is a death sentence to a kids NFL prospects. I guarantee you NFL GMs have taken notice of their lack of development and how NONE of them were ready for the transition to the NFL.

BulldogBear
10-28-2016, 11:54 AM

I could get on board with that. It would be nice for Freeze to have to stick round long enough to watch his papacy crumble and I don't like idea of him getting to take his fake winning record over MSU with him. HE needs to stick around long enough to go sub .500.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 12:58 PM
I wish part of the probation was that every Ole Miss fan had to change their ring tone to Steve Robertson saying "I....am YOUR good friend and HOST, Steve Robertson"

That's funny. Says I got to spread some first!

K9 Avenger
10-28-2016, 01:48 PM

Funniest thing I've ever heard....

dawggoneit
10-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Just wish someone would explain what happened to TSUN's campus this year. Was it hit by some kind of blight, army worms, possums in the flowerbeds? Please tell me why their "beautiful" campus doesn't seem to have the same appeal to the student athletes as it had in the past. Is it nolonger heaven on earth?

Commercecomet24
10-28-2016, 02:22 PM
I could get on board with that. It would be nice for Freeze to have to stick round long enough to watch his papacy crumble and I don't like idea of him getting to take his fake winning record over MSU with him. HE needs to stick around long enough to go sub .500.

I kinda like that idea.

Todd4State
10-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze is a death sentence to a kids NFL prospects. I guarantee you NFL GMs have taken notice of their lack of development and how NONE of them were ready for the transition to the NFL.

I'd have to say yeah.