PDA

View Full Version : Ace Hood will be at Maroon Madness tomorrow

Cloak
10-27-2016, 07:18 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/30kq51x.png

Harrydawg
10-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Huge! Where is he from, how many stars, and is he committed?

Gutter Cobreh
10-27-2016, 07:31 PM
I must be getting old. I had to look up to see who Ace Hood is, and I still don't know...

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2016, 07:33 PM
I thought maybe, Rodney had a little brother.

Cloak
10-27-2016, 07:34 PM
He's a rapper that has had a few hits. If anything, it can't hurt recruiting.

Here's a link to arguably his most popular song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djE-BLrdDDc

Ifyouonlyknew
10-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Definitely a positive.

RocketDawg
10-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Wow! I can hardly wait ....

EngDawg
10-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Can he play defensive back? What about Quarterback? Maybe he could be a recruiting coordinator if he's to old to actually play****

msstate7
10-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Who will be there tomorrow to report on basketball team?

Dawg61
10-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Howland needs to rent a maroon Bugatti for a day

Ifyouonlyknew
10-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Howland needs to rent a maroon Bugatti for a day

This may the best post you've ever made & no I'm not joking.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Who will be there tomorrow to report on basketball team?

If it was just men's hoops and they did it right, I would go. Last time I went, there was a lot of women's basketball and crowd participation stuff and it was just incredibly boring.

mparkerfd20
10-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Never heard of her.

Dawg61
10-27-2016, 08:37 PM
This may the best post you've ever made & no I'm not joking.

Would be a legendary moment if Howland drives up and parks midcourt in a Bugatti and out comes him and Ace Hood to his song

msstate7
10-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Would be a legendary moment if Howland drives up and parks midcourt in a Bugatti and out comes him and Ace Hood to his song

Pretty cool, but I'd guess a maroon Bugatti is harder to find that a Mullen NFL olineman

DCdawg
10-27-2016, 09:01 PM
They should probably find out when his flight leaves so they can remind him not to pull a Flo Rida on everybody.

Dawg61
10-27-2016, 09:04 PM
They should probably find out when his flight leaves so they can remind him not to pull a Flo Rida on everybody.

Ying Yang twins robbed MSU one year was the rumor. Took the money then never played.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-27-2016, 09:11 PM
If it was just men's hoops and they did it right, I would go. Last time I went, there was a lot of women's basketball and crowd participation stuff and it was just incredibly boring.

yeah who wants to see a Mississippi State team w/ preseason rankings of #11 in the nation & #2 in the SEC w/ a preseason 1st team All-SEC & 2nd team All-American... incredibly boring. Title nine.. more like Title WHINE - more sausage plzzzz!!!!

HoopsDawg
10-27-2016, 09:16 PM
yeah who wants to see a Mississippi State team w/ preseason rankings of #11 in the nation & #2 in the SEC w/ a preseason 1st team All-SEC & 2nd team All-American... incredibly boring. Title nine.. more like Title WHINE - more sausage plzzzz!!!!

I know it's not PC, but watching women do layup drill is just not very exciting. Apparently they are doing some kind of mixed scrimmage. I just can't see this going on at UK.

msstate7
10-27-2016, 09:19 PM
I know it's not PC, but watching women do layup drill is just not very exciting. Apparently they are doing some kind of mixed scrimmage. I just can't see this going on at UK.

Like men vs women or mix of both vs mix of both?

HoopsDawg
10-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Like men vs women or mix of both vs mix of both?

3 vs 3 with a mix of both.

msbulldog
10-28-2016, 06:44 AM
Victoria vs. Q, I like it!

msstate7
10-28-2016, 07:15 AM
Victoria vs. Q, I like it!

Those 2 need to get married and have lots of lil bulldogs

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-28-2016, 08:37 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/30kq51x.png

I woke up in new Bugatti!!!!!

ScoobaDawg
10-28-2016, 03:48 PM
He's a rapper that has had a few hits. If anything, it can't hurt recruiting.

Here's a link to arguably his most popular song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djE-BLrdDDc

I feel more stupid for listening to that.. and it explains whats wrong with a lot of things in the US.
Nice beat and bass line which is probably what most everyone listens to anyways.

But repeating the same line a dozen times is not a chorus...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

RocketDawg
10-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Not going to listen to the "song", but is it safe to assume some of the words that are understandable involve a maroon Bugatti?

What's kinda scary is that a poster here actually had heard of this guy and knew one of his "songs" .....

ScoobaDawg
10-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Not going to listen to the "song", but is it safe to assume some of the words that are understandable involve a maroon Bugatti?

What's kinda scary is that a poster here actually had heard of this guy and knew one of his "songs" .....

Only Bugatti... not specifically a maroon one. Just a big deal I guess right now. song has over 172 million views on youtube.

Cloak
10-28-2016, 05:10 PM

I understand that you're old and grumpy, but most people my age have heard of Ace Hood. Considering the video has 172m views, I don't think it's that "scary" that a poster here would have heard of him.

RocketDawg
10-28-2016, 05:46 PM
I understand that you're old and grumpy, but most people my age have heard of Ace Hood. Considering the video has 172m views, I don't think it's that "scary" that a poster here would have heard of him.

Haha ... yeah, I know.

Dawg61
10-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Ace Hood and the Dawgs sound & looked awesome in the small clip I saw on Instagram!!

sleepy dawg
10-29-2016, 08:30 AM
I feel more stupid for listening to that.. and it explains whats wrong with a lot of things in the US.
Nice beat and bass line which is probably what most everyone listens to anyways.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Or like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K626gMvu2ds

Cloak
10-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Notes from Maroon Madness

-Arrived at 6:30, apparently there was a "step contest" that lasted until 9pm. The sound system sounded awesome (Not sure if it was just the speakers from the stage that was set up). The stage looked well done and the beginning of Maroon Madness looked very well put together.

- Around 9pm they bring out the basketball players. One by one intros. IJ got a few boos when he walked out, Vivians and Q got the loudest cheers of course.

-Stapleton won the dunk contest

-In the shooting contest, Vivian's team beat a team lead by Keglar.

-Ended with a "4 on 4" with different players mixed gender. Wasn't a true 4v4, more like if you scored your team stayed on the court.

-Ace Hood came on to close it out as most people were leaving

Bamboo
10-29-2016, 10:45 AM

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

I'm an old guy, but I like this song. It does have a cool bass line, which is in fact what I like the most. Gotta exercise the w7's, know what I'm sayin?

The bit about repeating the same line over and over is key to getting the college kids (adults, whatever) into the song quickly, even if they have never heard it before. Recruiting is key and we need to up our "fun college" ratings a LOT. Back when I was in school, we had a great reputation as a fun school. All of the top bands in the coliseum (bon jovi was awesome), Dougs, Southfork, turbo wafers, etc... The frat parties were open, and the GoTHOM's were always at our campus. Plus, the cops were way cooler back then. good times man, good times.

msstate7
10-29-2016, 10:54 AM

-Arrived at 6:30, apparently there was a "step contest" that lasted until 9pm. The sound system sounded awesome (Not sure if it was just the speakers from the stage that was set up). The stage looked well done and the beginning of Maroon Madness looked very well put together.

- Around 9pm they bring out the basketball players. One by one intros. IJ got a few boos when he walked out, Vivians and Q got the loudest cheers of course.

-Ended with a "4 on 4" with different players mixed gender. Wasn't a true 4v4, more like if you scored your team stayed on the court.

Boo the ones who booed ready... garbage.

I take Stapleton able to win a dunk contest as he's pretty close to being able to play, right?

Thanks for the report

Bamboo
10-29-2016, 10:57 AM

So I assume that RocketDawg is a hip hop aficionado? Does this rapper have some sort of past that makes him so scary? How did it get past our administration?

If you are just a troll, then I get it. Lemme guess, you are the real life skankhunt42. lol.

Just givin you a hard time RD. I've been reading your posts for seems like 20 years now.

HailState

RocketDawg
10-29-2016, 11:07 AM

Just listened to/watched part of the video ... I understand why people were leaving ....

Why the boos for Ready?

Cloak
10-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Why the boos for Ready?

Not too sure. There were just a few scattered throughout the crowd

RocketDawg
10-29-2016, 11:11 AM
So I assume that RocketDawg is a hip hop aficionado? Does this rapper have some sort of past that makes him so scary? How did it get past our administration?

If you are just a troll, then I get it. Lemme guess, you are the real life skankhunt42. lol.

Just givin you a hard time RD. I've been reading your posts for seems like 20 years now.

HailState

Well, I don't know the difference in hip hop and rap, if there is a difference. It all sounds like crap to me ... can't understand the words (which is probably a good thing), and the ones you can understand make no sense.

Bon Jovi I like. Queen was good. Definitely a different generation.